u-he Repro (Repro-1 & Repro-5) released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

dune_rave wrote:Like Repro-5. I've found 1-2 piano sounds that are super cool :)
Not exactly a piano but if you are interested then at my free Repro-5 patches thread in the U-He sub-forum i had posted a Clavinet patch and today also an organ patch:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 0&start=30

I am currently doing a few piano patches too. In the past I had done some piano patches in several analog style synths (and also with other synthesis methods).
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

fluffy_little_something wrote:Compared to Mulab, Reaper seems a total failure in terms of user friendliness.
Takes a bit of getting used to. To me, Mulab is too slow to work with.

himalaya wrote:Click on the green 'FX' button.

This got me too when I first tried reaper...not use friendly at all. I know.
Ah, thanks :) It is blue here by the way.

But it seems that Reaper causes a much lower CPU load than Mulab. Just tried half a dozen pad sounds, 4-note chords use around 10%.
Multicore support doesn't seem to make a difference.

I have set Repro to 8 threads (as I have a 4-core processor).

fluffy_little_something wrote:

But it seems that Reaper causes a much lower CPU load than Mulab. Just tried half a dozen pad sounds, 4-note chords use around 10%.

Wait, how do you set Repro to a specific number of threads? Is this something you have to do in control panel?

wagtunes wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:

Wait, how do you set Repro to a specific number of threads? Is this something you have to do in control panel?
Preferences

Yes, Preferences, the last option on that list...

Yeah, not a piano, but thanx :) I usually save all patches I can find for my u-he synths.
Ingonator wrote:
dune_rave wrote:Like Repro-5. I've found 1-2 piano sounds that are super cool :)
Not exactly a piano but if you are interested then at my free Repro-5 patches thread in the U-He sub-forum i had posted a Clavinet patch and today also an organ patch:

I am currently doing a few piano patches too. In the past I had done some piano patches in several analog style synths (and also with other synthesis methods).

Regarding the Multicore Threads setting, Urs told me the following:
Urs wrote:
Yorrrrrr wrote:Hello. I have built a new system with an Intel Core i7 8700K, 6-core 12-threads CPU. Does it make sense to switch the 'Multicore threads' setting from 4 (default) to 6 then?
Don't change it unless you need to. If you still experience performance problems, say, if you have 5 or more instances open, try reducing the number or expanding it.

The tradeoff for fewer cores is more work on those cores but overall less CPU. The tradeoff for more cores is overall more CPU consumption due to the house keeping, even though each core gets to work less.

However, with 6 or more cores a machine is usually powerful enough to not expose any perceivable difference between the settings.

dune_rave wrote:Yeah, not a piano, but thanx :) I usually save all patches I can find for my u-he synths.
Ingonator wrote:

That thread is open to everyone for posting their free patches (that one is not about commercial patches/sets...) so there are also patches from others there not just my own ones.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Well, I suppose I would have to read the manual :P

But yes, it seems very solid, not a single audio hiccup so far, unlike with Mulab yesterday.

Sylenth1 doesn't even register on the Taskmanager's CPU meters :hihi:

I am really impressed now, seems a lot of my problems had to do with Mulab. Now my Ryzen doesn't even switch to full speed and yet Repro only uses 8% with chords of that CK Trill 7th patch I tried yesterday on Mulab. And of those 8% 4% don't have anything to do with Repro as they persist after quitting Reaper. It's probably my browser, mail and chat programs :hihi:

Reaper tip: dragging and dropping from the fx browser window into the track area to create a new track takes care of all the routing and makes your instrument ready to play. For me Reaper is as easy to use as Studio One ever was. Anyhow, the performance improvement alone makes it the best host for working with demanding plugins for my system.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

I haven't read the full thread but those who have CPU issues, one thing to check is that it isn't CPU throttling by windows. You need to make a Power Profile which sets the minimum and maximum Processor State under Processor Power Management to 100%. The CPU throttling causes all sorts of issues when using a DAW etc... Without this the CPU is underclocked whenever possible to save energy and will jump up and down constantly.

I think there is already a High Performance Plan set up for this but I'm not sure as I've edited all of mine. You can use CPUID CPU-Zor similar programs to verify which rate your CPU is currently clocked at.

I'm sure most people on here know this but it's worth a mention just in case.

oh and Repro-5 is a beauty!

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Return to “Instruments”