Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

Yeah, listening to that old video, I feel I can hear some differences. It's particularly in the more ambient sounds. In 2:41 for example, it feels like there is more high-end crispness to the Viper while the Virus has more low-end warmth. It's the same with 1:36 where it felt there was more bass in the Virus patch then what what we were hearing in the Viper one. It could simply be that the bass-y bit faded out and we were hearing more of the high-end detail by the time you switched over to the Viper patch in both examples.

I wouldn't call it a giant difference and definitely not a deal-breaker. A little bit of saturation or a low EQ boost will probably fill it out. In any case, that video is over a year old by now, so it's likely the differences are even smaller now :).

adamtrance wrote:
vanerio wrote:There is a huge difference in this video at 3:40. They sound very different. The other sounds sound very close. I hope there is a solution for this pitching + sync.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqHgQcfV33E

Waiting for the demo!!
That was an early alpha version, it has been modified since
Nice! So Did pitch shifting + sync get better?

So how are things going with the webshop? ^^

Good, its on track. ;)
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

Like the new advertisement on your Facebook! C:

Shiek927 wrote:Like the new advertisement on your Facebook! C:
January 5th, mark your calendars :D

Awesome. Can't wait to give it a spin. Best of luck :D
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Ooo! question!

I personally never owned an Access Virus before (or any hardware synth), so I'm a bit unfamiliar with it. I know there are the Classic OSC's that Viper has and then the other OSC types like the formant and wavetable ones that won't because Access doesn't allow it. However, I see a "Piano" wavetable on the first page along with a PW and Shape knob that looks like you can modulate it. So it looks like it has at least some limited wavetable capability ala Reveal Sound Spire.

I'm just curious what's the difference between the two? since I'm not sure that the Virus has a feature like that and only has the Sine/Pulse/Saw in it's Classic OSC.

Shiek927 wrote:Ooo! question!

I personally never owned an Access Virus before (or any hardware synth), so I'm a bit unfamiliar with it. I know there are the Classic OSC's that Viper has and then the other OSC types like the formant and wavetable ones that won't because Access doesn't allow it. However, I see a "Piano" wavetable on the first page along with a PW and Shape knob that looks like you can modulate it. So it looks like it has at least some limited wavetable capability ala Reveal Sound Spire.

I'm just curious what's the difference between the two? since I'm not sure that the Virus has a feature like that and only has the Sine/Pulse/Saw in it's Classic OSC.
I'm sure you'll be able to import your own wavetables, so you can probably achieve similar results with wavetables people sample from the Virus itself.

adamtrance wrote:
Shiek927 wrote:Like the new advertisement on your Facebook! C:
January 5th, mark your calendars :D
Can i ask for the price?

fdigl wrote:
Shiek927 wrote:Ooo! question!

I'm sure you'll be able to import your own wavetables, so you can probably achieve similar results with wavetables people sample from the Virus itself.
Digging earlier through this thread, I think there's a difference and these are only single-shot waveforms and not 'true' wavetable osc's.

Of course, while I'm not an expert at this, you may be right and I wonder the actual difference is in practice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O02F8pczISk&t=262s

Looking at the above video as a reference, you undoubtedly can't get in like Xfer Serum and really change up each individual waveform in the set (or in other words, the "wavetable"). You instead just turn the knob and move through each individual waveform in the set. With what Viper has here, you have (if I'm getting this right haha!) one single wave-form that you bend and shape. So there's definitely a difference, but between shaping one single wave-form that you can't manipulate TOO much versus a wavetable that you can only cycle through...I'm curious what the actual difference is and what it all amounts too in the end. It feels like you're still left with somewhat limited wavetable capability on both ends, which is totally fine since it's not really the Virus' main thing anyway. The Formant capabilities look a bit more complex at the very least.

I AM genuinely curious what it would sound like if people imported the TI's wavetables and what the end result would be. Adam said that he had some ideas how to integrate these two OSC types into Viper, though I would be equally okay with going into new territory since the ability to import waveforms already makes Viper it's own unique animal versus a true 1:1 emulation.

Wavetables wont be a feature in version 1.0, as it took way too much time to figure out so I have put it in the shelf to concentrate on getting the synth finished. You can however use your own waveforms. There is a difference. In Virus the Classic Osc you can blend between a Waveform -> Saw -> Square. In the Virus you have 64 built in waveforms you can choose from, in Viper you can use your own waevforms. When the control is on Square you can control the pwm with the PW knob. In the Virus the waveforms are Wave 01, Wave 02 etc, but couldnt sample them myself as they are copyrighted (I asked them in an email), so I made my own waveforms. That wont stop you however from getting your hands on the original waves and use them in Viper.

there is still the possibility to program a wavetable editor with the possibility to import wavetables in serum, Icarus Synthmaster format.
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

Where would one find those original waves?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote:Where would one find those original waves?
A quick Google search for "Virus TI Wavetables Download" can get you pretty far. There are quite a few packs out there and I use them all the time in Serum and Synthmaster One.

Return to “Instruments”