Help with Kontakt

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I opened a ticket with NI, but since it's Sunday, I don't think support will get back to me today.
I just installed and activated Ostinato Brass. Native Access shows this library as an installed product, but when I open Kontakt in my DAW, the library doesn't show. I've checked and the library ins't hidden either.
Sigh... frustrating.

Which Kontakt version?

Did you click the 'add library button' on the library tab and navigate to the folder where the library is?

I'm using Kontakt 5.7.0. I don't see an "add library" button, just refresh and manage libraries.
The weird thing is that I can see the Ostinato Brass library in the standalone version, but not in my DAW (Reaper 5.62).
Thanks guys

Sounds like your Kontakt plugin version is older than 5.7.0 then. Reinstall Kontakt via Native Access.

EvilDragon wrote:Sounds like your Kontakt plugin version is older than 5.7.0 then. Reinstall Kontakt via Native Access.
You're right on the money. The standalone version is 5.7.1, and the plugin version is 5.7.0. However, reinstalling K5 does not solve the issue. I opened a ticket with NI, but I have no idea how to track its progress since I didn't receive an email and I can't see it under my NI account.

Can you click Options (the gear icon to the right of the diskette icon), go to database and add it that way? (I've never done this way but it looks like it should do the same thing, I could be wrong though.)

Make sure your VST path in Native Access is correct before reinstalling Kontakt. Also, which DAW, and which VST paths do you have assigned in it? Search your system for Kontakt 5.dll (if on Windows), see if it's in the path where DAW expects it and where NA is set to install VSTs...

EvilDragon wrote:Make sure your VST path in Native Access is correct before reinstalling Kontakt. Also, which DAW, and which VST paths do you have assigned in it? Search your system for Kontakt 5.dll (if on Windows), see if it's in the path where DAW expects it and where NA is set to install VSTs...
Yep, that did it. Thanks EvilDragon!

Return to “Instruments”