Focusrite Plugin Collective

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Exponential Audio: R2

RichN wrote:
Russell Grand wrote:
I had hoped Focusrite would do what they did the year before and offer up all of the previous Plugin Collective plugins from early in the year in case anyone missed them.
Yeah. I'm still pissed I missed the Exponential Audio reverb. The best deal of the year, i.m.o.

Focusrite somehow never send me Plugin Collective updates and I just forgot to check that month. Also, it looks like we won't be getting anything new next January. As the current deal expires on februari 1.
They are probably just buying themselves some time for the holidays to catch up so that they can release the things on time at the start of the month.

That said, LOL@biasFX.

sprnva wrote:BIAS FX LE and Amp LE (again) this time around.
Not working in LogicPro (High Sierra) :dog:

RichN wrote:
Russell Grand wrote:
I had hoped Focusrite would do what they did the year before and offer up all of the previous Plugin Collective plugins from early in the year in case anyone missed them.
Yeah. I'm still pissed I missed the Exponential Audio reverb. The best deal of the year, i.m.o.
Yes! That's the one I really wish I hadn't missed out on! :dog:

Heh, I never did pony up for the Exponential reverb either, too bad that guys too cheap to ever bring the deal back. No doubt many simply couldn't afford it at the time. You cant even upgrade from the focusrite freebie at regular upgrade prices.

I think Exponential Audio wouldn't be very willing to repeat that deal. I was 2 or 3 days late with activating the R2 key I got from Focusrite (because I didn't realize it had to be activated in my iLok account by the end of the month) and no matter how I begged, they were relentless and to some extent rude so I lost that deal and decided I would try other reverb possibilities before ever returning to Exponential Audio. I imagine there might have been more people like me who contacted them en masse after the one-month activation period was over so they might have regretted it afterwards.

szurcio wrote:I think Exponential Audio wouldn't be very willing to repeat that deal. I was 2 or 3 days late with activating the R2 key I got from Focusrite (because I didn't realize it had to be activated in my iLok account by the end of the month) and no matter how I begged, they were relentless and to some extent rude so I lost that deal and decided I would try other reverb possibilities before ever returning to Exponential Audio. I imagine there might have been more people like me who contacted them en masse after the one-month activation period was over so they might have regretted it afterwards.
The exclusive one-month activation period is one thing but how it was handled by EA for the people who missed it was more then miserable. They gave many potential customers only a very bad experience and nothing else: Not good for a company and if you see it as a kind of advertising approach it's like suicide.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

martinjuenke wrote:
sprnva wrote:BIAS FX LE and Amp LE (again) this time around.
Not working in LogicPro (High Sierra) :dog:
Bias Amp LE works in Logic Pro High sierra Version 10.13.2 (17C88)

Bias FX did show up but was unable to register it

uninstalled it and then re-intalled it.
Logic Doesn't see it
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

murnau wrote:
szurcio wrote:I think Exponential Audio wouldn't be very willing to repeat that deal. I was 2 or 3 days late with activating the R2 key I got from Focusrite (because I didn't realize it had to be activated in my iLok account by the end of the month) and no matter how I begged, they were relentless and to some extent rude so I lost that deal and decided I would try other reverb possibilities before ever returning to Exponential Audio. I imagine there might have been more people like me who contacted them en masse after the one-month activation period was over so they might have regretted it afterwards.
The exclusive one-month activation period is one thing but how it was handled by EA for the people who missed it was more then miserable. They gave many potential customers only a very bad experience and nothing else: Not good for a company and if you see it as a kind of advertising approach it's like suicide.
They even said that EA would find out which licenses were sold and de-activate those. Which is a creepy way of handling customers imo. No money from me to a company like that.

The only suicidal things about this is that R2 is so fully featured there was little incentive to upgrade to R4. It was truly a generous giveaway. If the upgrade cost was $40 or less I would gladly get R3 but the difference in asking price between the giveaway and R3 is too high given how great R2 actually performs.

murnau wrote:
Last edited by Scotty on Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

R2 was an amazing giveaway. Frankly, try to get a deal at a shop, or a supermarket when you're 2 or 3 days late (or any other special treatment, like people expected at the time R2 was given away). Good luck. Not sure why people expect so many special treatments these days.

Scotty wrote:The only suicidal things about this is that R2 is so fully featured there was little incentive to upgrade to R3. It was truly a generous giveaway. If the upgrade cost was $40 or less I would gladly get R3 but the difference in asking price between the giveaway and R3 is too high given how great R2 actually performs.
I assume that you mean R4? Yes, if ever there was a case to offer a reduced feature set product instead of the full product, this was it. They should have created something like IRCAM's Verb Session that took away most of the control and just gave you the factory presets with a few basic controls. That would have still been a great freebie and would have given people an incentive to upgrade to the full R2 or even R4.

Given their (EA's) response during the promotion and since, I think that it was a failed experiment from their POV. I doubt that they will ever repeat it or anything like it.

TBH, R2 is not my favorite reverb. I actually don't like the tails very much, they're too smooth, if there can be such a thing. I use it from time to time but I find that I have a preference for Eventide and IRCAM reverbs more than anything else.

Concerning R2, did they ever make all of those keys NFR? I'd be willing to sell my license for super cheap if I were able to. I never use it.

DeathByGuitar wrote:Concerning R2, did they ever make all of those keys NFR? I'd be willing to sell my license for super cheap if I were able to. I never use it.
It was always NFR, some guys just managed to sell the unregistered serials (activations codes or whatever).

pekbro wrote:
DeathByGuitar wrote:Concerning R2, did they ever make all of those keys NFR? I'd be willing to sell my license for super cheap if I were able to. I never use it.
It was always NFR, some guys just managed to sell the unregistered serials (activations codes or whatever).
It would be interesting to know if they were ever able to disable those codes like they threatened to do? That threat was a huge black mark for me.

I doubt it, I'm sure he relented when he actually thought for a moment about what opening up that can of worms would entail. Also, no doubt the buyers would have bad mouthed him quite a lot for that one and I don't recall anyone doing that. He probably just wrote the entire experiment of as a loss, vowing never to do anything like it ever again.

Return to “Effects”