PaulXStretch plugin (1.2.4, February 26th 2019)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PaulXStretch

Xenakios wrote:Here's an AudioUnit build that passes the command line validation tool on my system :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QMMHS ... EKGMdUX2yo

No other changes are incorporated except the plugin IO count fix.
Crashes Logic validation, both on startup, and within program (sometimes 'Reset/rescan', within logic sorts out a failed plug validation)

After forcing validation, I succeeded using PaulXstretch into Logic Pro X.

BUT it validate as an effect, that is a wrong place for it, it should be placed as an instrument.

AND it can appear in the effect plugin list (as Xenakios > PaulXStretch > Stereo) only if I put an instrument in the instrument location. If I don't do that, it doesn't appear in the list.

After that I put a wav file into PaulXStrech and it works fine.

I hope those informations will help you.
It's a really good thing to have PaulXStretch into Logic :love:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
U N I S O N : shoegaze/electronic wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

Yee ha! Running fine so far with Jbridge in Podium. Yer alright-

inusable wrote: BUT it validate as an effect, that is a wrong place for it, it should be placed as an instrument.
I dunno about that...That would imply it can do something with incoming MIDI when it doesn't do anything with that. Also, would the plugin input audio capture then work?

All these problems with Logic are making me think I should just explicitly state Logic is not supported. :? I don't have any way to test and debug the problems here. I was hoping GarageBand would be close enough to Logic for testing and debugging, but it would appear their code bases are not doing the same things with plugins. GarageBand has not at any point complained about plugin validation or crashed.

abstractcats wrote:Report: in FL Studio 12.5.1 x64. on WIN8.1 X64.
Loads nearly instantly! No crashes. saves project...BUT won't reopen the same project Error message"FL Studio Has stopped Working" at launch.
That's a tricky one to deal with as the FL Studio trial doesn't allow reopening saved projects. But I will try to make the plugin creation, state restore etc stuff more robust.

pottering wrote: If I leave the plugin window closed (Live projects load with the plugin GUIs closed) it doesn't do any sound and it only loads the sample after opening the GUI.
OK that's certainly a bug, having the GUI open or not should not affect the audio processing at all. I suspect fixing that might resolve some other issues too...

edit : I unfortunately couldn't reproduce this issue on Windows 7/Live Lite 9. Looking at the code I don't understand why the issue would even exist, the audio should process regardless of the GUI being open or not. (I did incorporate some fixes before testing though...)
Last edited by Xenakios on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hello,
works in Numerology beside that it takes some time after loading the project that audio is rising?
best
jue
Located in the European Outback

jue wrote:takes some time after loading the project that audio is rising?
Probably just normal behavior due to FFT windowing and buffering involved.

Preview 2 out, links in the original post.

12-17-2017 1.0.0 preview 2
-Report only 2 input channels to host
-Fixes for using potentially invalid sample rates in internal initializations and calculations
-File import dialog allows importing file formats supported by JUCE, not just .wav

edit : Preview 2b

12-17-2017 1.0.0 preview 2b
-Fix buffer channel count issue, seems to make AU validation pass consistently

edit : Preview 2c for Windows that actually limits the number of input channels.

Xenakios wrote:Here's an AudioUnit build that passes the command line validation tool on my system :

Well, on my system it crashes auvaltool. If its an apple problem, they got the bug report...

Tj Shredder wrote:

Well, on my system it crashes auvaltool. If its an apple problem, they got the bug report...
It should work from the plugin manager, within Logic. It took me a few attempts, but it does seem to work. You will need to instantiate an instrument before you can find the effect in the list

Tj Shredder wrote:

What about the new preview2 build? (The intermediate build didn't actually work, the auval tool had to be run a few times before it would randomly crash.)

The new build seems to work without the validation hiccough. And the extra file types are there, on import :hug:

I would be interested to know the workflow that others have for this. 'Capture' only seems to be able to grab one pass through the length of the interface (I'm sure I'm missing something), and tom import it is still necessary to bounce the audio that you wish to import before actually doing so. Of course, rendering the audio out, direct-to-track is easier than the standalone.

Thanks again, Xen

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: 'Capture' only seems to be able to grab one pass through the length of the interface (I'm sure I'm missing something)
The capture is on purpose limited to 10 seconds for now because increasing the buffer size on the fly is tricky and would just complicate the current code which already has all kinds of issues. The most feasible options to fix this would be to either have a parameter that determines the maximum capture length or capture to a file on disk. (The capturing to disk solution would probably be almost as complicated as doing the RAM buffer resizing on the fly, though...)

Xenakios wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: 'Capture' only seems to be able to grab one pass through the length of the interface (I'm sure I'm missing something)
The capture is on purpose limited to 10 seconds for now because increasing the buffer size on the fly is tricky and would just complicate the current code which already has all kinds of issues. The most feasible options to fix this would be to either have a parameter that determines the maximum capture length or capture to a file on disk. (The capturing to disk solution would probably be almost as complicated as doing the RAM buffer resizing on the fly, though...)
I see.

This is why I'm struggling with the concept of this as a plugin, over the standalone app, and why I am looking for workflow suggestions in case there is something obvious I missed.

Currently, all audio still has to be bounced-down before being imported into the plug, and then has to be rendered out to a track to be used in a project. The capture was the only functionality I could see the DAW offering, by way of live sampling, and totally bypassing the need to bounce to import (Again, I could be missing something really obvious).

Return to “Effects”