PPG WaveGenerator for Mac And PC has been updated to v 1.0.0.3

Official support for: wolfgangpalm.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The main point in this update is the AU version.

Besides AU, there are some minor corrections:
  • export iPad file name error
  • save WTS - name checking, including the SND file names
Also, we have a new sound designer, Volker Koenig, who did some brilliant sounds,
especially keyboard sounds which were a bit underrepresented in the first factories bank.
So some sounds were exchanged and also the levels of all sounds was lowered a bit.
"Until you spread your wings, you'll have no idea how far you can walk." Image

Do we expect a future email with upgrade links? The way I read the recent email was that I would receive links to an update for my registered version. Thanks

Edit: Here I copy it in from my email, "Existing owners of PPG WaveGenerator for Mac and PC will receive an automatic update via their registered email account."

Yes - existing owners who have purchased the VST version have been sent emails to the account that they used to buy the earlier version with.

If you haven't got it then please check you junk and spam folders.

I already checked my filter folders and nothing is there. Only the announcement. Thanks

In theory, you should have received it around 11:00 GMT (is Sweden on CET? Then make it 12:00 your time) today.

I am sorry fellas. I found it (in my inbox). Google has a new tab system and I forgot I activated it. This is embarrassing. Thank you

8)

Volker's patches are very nice, by the way. Thanks a lot for the addition of the full bank. Classic usable timbres.

Hi fellows,

I lately bought this synth - and for this one I even broke my rule to
avoid ever going online with my dedicated PC, which I purely use as a DAW.

I was (somehow, well...) OK with the online verification for the first install
(though I'd prefer an offline activation method any time),
but now I tried to install the update (V 1.0.0.3) - and it again asks for an online verification !? - Ah, Come on, that's just annoying - especially for some minor version update.
Do I really have to activate my network card again, and also a couple of deactivated MS services - just to be able to install this (and further) updates ?

Please consider making this process more consumer friendly.

Thanks and Cheers.

What do you have problems with activation?
Almost every VST-Synth now has an online activation and 5 minutes online will not destroy the computer.

Hi,

i have purchased PPG WaveGenerator for PC a week ago and am very happy with it so far. As a big fan of wavetablöe synthesis this was a must have for me.

One question: I got it installed on my desktop PC. Is it also possible to do another installation on my notebook? Only want to use one of those installations at the same time.

I noticed that in the PC version you could export a bank in iPad format. Could be helpful if i decide to create a soundset for WaveGenerator.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Hi Ingo,
Ingonator wrote:One question: I got it installed on my desktop PC. Is it also possible to do another installation on my notebook? Only want to use one of those installations at the same time.
Yes you can; see the WaveGenerator Support page for details.

arakula wrote:Hi Ingo,
Ingonator wrote:One question: I got it installed on my desktop PC. Is it also possible to do another installation on my notebook? Only want to use one of those installations at the same time.
Yes you can; see the WaveGenerator Support page for details.
Hi Hermann,

many thanks for you reply. I just sent a request (including the order ID) via the form at the WaveGenerator website.

UPDATE (11.01.2014):
Received the second code this morning so the procedure seems to work nicely. :)

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

losan wrote:Hi fellows,

I lately bought this synth - and for this one I even broke my rule to
avoid ever going online with my dedicated PC, which I purely use as a DAW.

I was (somehow, well...) OK with the online verification for the first install
(though I'd prefer an offline activation method any time),
but now I tried to install the update (V 1.0.0.3) - and it again asks for an online verification !? - Ah, Come on, that's just annoying - especially for some minor version update.
Do I really have to activate my network card again, and also a couple of deactivated MS services - just to be able to install this (and further) updates ?

Please consider making this process more consumer friendly.

Thanks and Cheers.

Hi,
I know this is old news but this legitimation process now is the same with the new PPG INFINITE PRO. It is relatively new as a VST for PC and there're small frequent updates because there are some minor bugs and freezes. Evertime a new patch is out you have to do the online verification or you are not given the opportunity to install the small update. I do agree that this is very annoying for people with offline studio environments and in addition this is absolutely unusual. I own so many VST synthesizers and effects and 99% of them just needed one first installation - verification online. Every update since is running offline no matter if the software is iLok or whatnot registered. I think that should always be the way. I contacted Wolfgang about that but didn't yet receive a answer. We'll see. Cheers

P.S.
I have no problem to go online with my studio PC. The problem is I technically got no internet connection in my cellar studio :(

What’s the status of Catalina compatibility? I don’t have it installed yet, so I’m checking.

Return to “Wolfgang Palm”