FreqAnalyst Multi - doesn't let the signal through

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys,
I'm demoing the BCA's FAM plugin in Reaper's latest version (win 7 machine). The input signal is interrupted by FAM, wherever in the FX chain I insert this plugin.
For example, I was following the instructions in this tutorial: https://www.bluecataudio.com/Tutorials/ ... ng_Reaper/
The 2nd FAM would not get any signal whatsoever, unless I bypass the first instance of the plugin. Also, I can't hear anything as long as FAM is active (i.e., not bypassed).

Two threads down from this one:

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=497010

Could this be your problem?
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

That did it! Thanks for the second time in the same 24 hrs!!

Oh look, my thread got linked!

If you were using the VST3 version of their plugins, probably advisable that you stick to the VST2 versions. This goes especially for their older plugins IME. When I say "older" I mean the ones that haven't been updated in the last year or so.

It is indeed strongly recommended to stick to VST2 unless you really need some specific VST3 features. This basically means: use VST2, except if you are using Cubase and want to avoid its bugs (editor window resizing on Windows and side chain support)...

VST3 support is pretty bad in many hosts, and most plug-ins are much more stable in VST2 format, which has been here for a very long time.

Blue Cat Audio wrote:It is indeed strongly recommended to stick to VST2 unless you really need some specific VST3 features. This basically means: use VST2, except if you are using Cubase and want to avoid its bugs (editor window resizing on Windows and side chain support)...

VST3 support is pretty bad in many hosts, and most plug-ins are much more stable in VST2 format, which has been here for a very long time.
Good to know. I just would like to report that I've been using Destructor VST3 with no problems, but I'll heed your advice.

Wait, from your link, it sounds like you can't resize the GUI in Windows for VST2, is that right?
Oh, what the heck, I'll just give it a try...

monomox wrote:
Blue Cat Audio wrote:It is indeed strongly recommended to stick to VST2 unless you really need some specific VST3 features. This basically means: use VST2, except if you are using Cubase and want to avoid its bugs (editor window resizing on Windows and side chain support)...

Good to know. I just would like to report that I've been using Destructor VST3 with no problems, but I'll heed your advice.
monomox wrote:Wait, from your link, it sounds like you can't resize the GUI in Windows for VST2, is that right?
Oh, what the heck, I'll just give it a try...
FWIW, I've had good luck with the VST3 versions of most of BC's plugins, like I mentioned. Except for some of the more aged ones like DPMP.

And both the VST2 versions and the VST3 versions support window sizing in Reaper btw.

For some reason, the image is getting shrunk down to ant size, but my point of posting that was to show that both versions were running in the large window mode.

monomox wrote:Wait, from your link, it sounds like you can't resize the GUI in Windows for VST2, is that right?
That's just a Cubase bug (on Windows). All other hosts should just work fine.

Our VST3 plug-ins should indeed work fine in most cases. But if you don't use Cubase I don't think there is much benefit in using the VST3 versions in general (not only our plug-ins).

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”