So, what DAW did it for you?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So if any of the DAWs did it, what was the DAW and what do you think were the main reasons?

Did what?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:Did what?
So you used it and were able to like your music and you actually play these songs to everyone and feel like Armin van Buuren. :lol:

deep'n'dark wrote:
So you used it and were able to like your music and you actually play these songs to everyone and feel like Armin van Buuren. :lol:
I took mdma once and lost all my shame and sense of self-respect.

That was my most Armin van Buuren moment.

The main reasons would have been drink and drugs. The DAW didn't have much to do with it.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Robert Randolph wrote:
deep'n'dark wrote:
I took mdma once and lost all my shame and sense of self-respect.

That was my most Armin van Buuren moment.
So you mean DAW & DAW <-- these all the same? Maybe, but where's the site where people mock down all the dynamic effects as example, that do bad transients?

Robert Randolph wrote: I took mdma once and lost all my shame and sense of self-respect.
I think you did it wrong. :P

Anyway, on the topic: I see a certain pattern here. Maybe you should consider making a switch from Reason. No offense meant, it's just that you seem to feel unhappy with it, or the devices in it, so, might help to try something else.

chk071 wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote: I took mdma once and lost all my shame and sense of self-respect.

Anyway, on the topic: I see a certain pattern here. Maybe you should consider making a switch from Reason. No offense meant, it's just that you seem to feel unhappy with it, or the devices in it, so, might help to try something else.
you mean grow up and use big boys daws?

/runs for cover

Ableton Live 6 did it for me. They introduced VST support at that point. The session view really clicked with me after working with loops in samplers previously. The automatic time stretching was pretty revolutionary back then. I think the only alternative was Acid Pro. I still love the workflow in aLive ... Jamming stuff in session view while "composing" in the arrangement view suits me perfectly. The External Instrument feature is great too, as I have a lot of hardware.
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chk071 wrote:

Yeah, I should give something else a TRY, then I'd experience a possible different experience. Any recommendation? I mainly make electronic and rap stuff. But I feel like my best days with Reason have always been, when some listening willpower is included to it. I propably will keep Reason as well though, but I feel like Reason has never fully impressed me 100%.

I’ve tried many DAWs and they all did it for me.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Whatever tools I used at the time did it for me. I was jamming away on a cheap Casio keyboard as a child and I liked it.

deep'n'dark wrote:
chk071 wrote:

Yeah, I should give something else a TRY, then I'd experience a possible different experience. Any recommendation? I mainly make electronic and rap stuff. But I feel like my best days with Reason have always been, when some listening willpower is included to it. I propably will keep Reason as well though, but I feel like Reason has never fully impressed me 100%.
I don't know if VST's have ever been part of your productions in Reason, but, those alone should open up whole new dimensions, when you just used the Reason internal devices, and RE's. I know you often wondered if there was something "flat" about the Reason sound in general, or about the included devices. IMO, good VSTi's are lightyears ahead of the Reason included devices, so, it might make quite a difference to you. I can't really make a recommendation, but, if money is tight, then i'd take a look in the Sell & Buy forum here, and see if i can grab a copy of Studio One 3 Pro, which often goes for about $150 here. Not sure if i'd recommend Reaper (which is even cheaper), because it's a bit more complicated than anything else, and, especially when you're used to the "visual" way of messing with devices in Reason, it might be too much of a change. I'd rather stick to a more "visual" DAW in this case. Cubase is of course great too, but quite expensive.

Around 2002 or so I was in a studio that had Nuendo and Reason. I could afford SX so I grabbed that and Reason. I am on Cubase 9.5 and Reason 10 now. I have Ableton Live and FL Studio but pretty much live in Cubase.

It felt like my old hardware studio then and can do so much more now.

+1 for StudioOne any number version of it .

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”