Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
aMUSEd
KVRAF

28588 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:01 am Re: Ableton LIVE 10 ... Officially Announced. (plus: Buy LIVE 9 now with 20% discount, get LIVE 10 free)

Anyone know how much longer the upgrade discount is running?
tooneba
KVRian

986 posts since 6 Nov, 2012

Postby tooneba; Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:04 pm Re: Ableton LIVE 10 ... Officially Announced. (plus: Buy LIVE 9 now with 20% discount, get LIVE 10 free)

Does 10's audio clip stretching also stretches automation too, like moving audio clip moves automation?
SJ****** wrote:dongle is the best solution .. all other suck.
OzoneJunkie
KVRian

991 posts since 16 Jan, 2004

Postby OzoneJunkie; Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:38 am Re: Ableton LIVE 10 ... Officially Announced. (plus: Buy LIVE 9 now with 20% discount, get LIVE 10 free)

aMUSEd wrote:Anyone know how much longer the upgrade discount is running?

I'm not sure. But, if you "sign up" for the upgrade, you're not actually committed to buying it. Ableton gives you up to something like 2 weeks after the public release of 10 to make the actual purchase. So, there's no harm in going with the upgrade, as you can cancel (not actually purchase) the upgrade.

I think this makes sense, as anyone who's not on the beta team wouldn't know exactly how well things work for them until after trying them.
XorXisT
KVRist

221 posts since 19 Jun, 2005

Postby XorXisT; Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:39 am Re: Ableton LIVE 10 ... Officially Announced. (plus: Buy LIVE 9 now with 20% discount, get LIVE 10 free)

tooneba wrote:Does 10's audio clip stretching also stretches automation too, like moving audio clip moves automation?

Nope.
aMUSEd
KVRAF

Postby aMUSEd; Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:46 am Re: Ableton LIVE 10 ... Officially Announced. (plus: Buy LIVE 9 now with 20% discount, get LIVE 10 free)

OzoneJunkie wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Anyone know how much longer the upgrade discount is running?

I'm not sure. But, if you "sign up" for the upgrade, you're not actually committed to buying it. Ableton gives you up to something like 2 weeks after the public release of 10 to make the actual purchase. So, there's no harm in going with the upgrade, as you can cancel (not actually purchase) the upgrade.

I think this makes sense, as anyone who's not on the beta team wouldn't know exactly how well things work for them until after trying them.

Thanks good idea, I am on the beta and so far performance is dreadful but it does have some nice additions when I can eventually get it to work properly
tooneba
KVRian

986 posts since 6 Nov, 2012

Postby tooneba; Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:54 am Re: Ableton LIVE 10 ... Officially Announced. (plus: Buy LIVE 9 now with 20% discount, get LIVE 10 free)

XorXisT wrote:
tooneba wrote:Does 10's audio clip stretching also stretches automation too, like moving audio clip moves automation?

Nope.

Thanks.
SJ****** wrote:dongle is the best solution .. all other suck.
Daags
KVRAF

2113 posts since 19 Dec, 2014

Postby Daags; Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:57 am Re: Ableton LIVE 10 ... Officially Announced. (plus: Buy LIVE 9 now with 20% discount, get LIVE 10 free)

aMUSEd wrote:I am on the beta and so far performance is dreadful

in that case you would appear to be better informed than most people to answer your own question.
when the beta isn't performing dreadfully, that would be the time to wonder when the offer is going to end (upgrade discount runs until release)
jonljacobi
KVRian

617 posts since 16 Jan, 2013, from USA

Postby jonljacobi; Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:33 am Re: Ableton LIVE 10 ... Officially Announced. (plus: Buy LIVE 9 now with 20% discount, get LIVE 10 free)

I've noticed no degradation in performance. But I don't use a lot of stuff, and no ML4. I've used both the Windows and OS X versions. CPU use in my case seems about the same in both, but OS X has always been high according to their own monitor (and the fan spinning up...)
Last edited by jonljacobi on Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF

21642 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:10 am Re: Ableton LIVE 10 ... Officially Announced. (plus: Buy LIVE 9 now with 20% discount, get LIVE 10 free)

The only issue I've had with the beta is slow boot up times. It can take a few minutes to scan my plugins and load up, but otherwise performance is fine (64bit Win 8.1).
deadReactor
KVRer

23 posts since 26 Jan, 2012

Postby deadReactor; Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:12 am Re: Ableton LIVE 10 ... Officially Announced. (plus: Buy LIVE 9 now with 20% discount, get LIVE 10 free)

Really interesting how differently this thing works for people, almost as if the beta is personalized :wink:
simmo75
KVRian

574 posts since 25 Mar, 2016, from Seattle

Postby simmo75; Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:22 am Re: Ableton LIVE 10 ... Officially Announced. (plus: Buy LIVE 9 now with 20% discount, get LIVE 10 free)

I’m thinking of cancelling my pre-order.
I’m beta testing and really am not very impressed with the performance on mac and the lack of native MPE is bs in today’s market.
I can run way more tracks both midi and Audio without any glitches when I use Cubase 9.5.
How much can you sell a Push2 for now?
aMUSEd
KVRAF

Postby aMUSEd; Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:37 pm Re: Ableton LIVE 10 ... Officially Announced. (plus: Buy LIVE 9 now with 20% discount, get LIVE 10 free)

thecontrolcentre wrote:The only issue I've had with the beta is slow boot up times. It can take a few minutes to scan my plugins and load up, but otherwise performance is fine (64bit Win 8.1).

Slow is an understatement for me - it can take tens of minutes to boot up and even clicking on sections in the library leads to spinny circles for several seconds
aMUSEd
KVRAF

Postby aMUSEd; Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:38 pm Re: Ableton LIVE 10 ... Officially Announced. (plus: Buy LIVE 9 now with 20% discount, get LIVE 10 free)

Daags wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:I am on the beta and so far performance is dreadful

in that case you would appear to be better informed than most people to answer your own question.
when the beta isn't performing dreadfully, that would be the time to wonder when the offer is going to end (upgrade discount runs until release)

That's exactly why I'm asking as I get the impression they are getting close to release, they won't go by my issues as most people are not having them
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF

21642 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:56 pm Re: Ableton LIVE 10 ... Officially Announced. (plus: Buy LIVE 9 now with 20% discount, get LIVE 10 free)

aMUSEd wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:The only issue I've had with the beta is slow boot up times. It can take a few minutes to scan my plugins and load up, but otherwise performance is fine (64bit Win 8.1).

Slow is an understatement for me - it can take tens of minutes to boot up and even clicking on sections in the library leads to spinny circles for several seconds

Well ... its still in beta, so hopefully they'll iron this stuff out before release. Especially after the Live 8 debacle ...
mgw38
KVRian

608 posts since 26 Jul, 2015, from Philadelphia

Postby mgw38; Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:26 pm Re: Ableton LIVE 10 ... Officially Announced. (plus: Buy LIVE 9 now with 20% discount, get LIVE 10 free)

Runs perfectly fine for me on Mac OS High Sierra. No bootup or performance issues. However, I noticed that it seems to do a complete library re-scan in the background and that appears to take much longer than under Live 9.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)