Fuse Audio Labs releases the VCL-4 Vintage Opto Leveler

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Fuse Audio Labs proudly presents the VCL-4 Vintage Opto Leveler plugin.

Available for Mac OS and Windows in AAX, AU, VST2.4 and VST3 in 32 and 64 bits.

ON SALE FOR $39 UNTIL JANUARY 31ST! (REGULAR $59)

About the VCL-4

The VCL-4 is a faithful emulation of the silver face revision of the op amp based successor of THE classic late 60s opto leveler. It provides you with unintrusive to extreme program dependent and musical opto compression. The switchable ratio option makes for a flexible solution over a wide range of source material.

During the modeling process we rebuilt the entire original circuit on strip board, however replacing the original opto-cells that were made up of an LED and an photoresistor with suitable Vactrols. Every part of the circuit including the receiver stage, the side-chain and Vactrol LED driver circuit, the Vactrol itself as well as the push-pull driver stage and the output transformer has been accurately modeled.

Download your fully functional 14-day trial here: https://fuseaudiolabs.de#vcl4

Trials and Plug-in Activation

You can test our plug-ins without any restrictions for 14 days. Simply click the "Activate Trial" button in the plug-in GUI after the installation to start your trial period. To activate your full license you can purchase a product activation key on our website. The activation key will be send to you by email once the payment process has been completed, successfully. Click "Activate plug-in..." in the plug-in GUI or the drop down menu below, enter your email and product activation key and hit the "Activate" button to proceed.

FAQs and Technical Support

An overview of Frequently Asked Questions can be found on our website under the following link

https://fuseaudiolabs.de/#faq

Our tech support can be reached via the following link

https://fuseaudiolabs.de/#support

Best,
Ray | Fuse Audio Labs
Last edited by fuseaudiolabs on Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ex Brainworx / Black Rooster

So I wonder how this differs to BRAs VLA-2A ?

Id be interested but I just bought the Acme Opticom from a user last night, how many la2a clones does a person need :hihi:

How does this effect BRA if their head of research and development has left :(
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Very strange - so BRA is without its sole coder now, who left to found a company whose first product is an emulation of the same hardware BRA already have an emulation for?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Ex Brainworx / Black Rooster

So I wonder how this differs to BRAs VLA-2A ?

Id be interested but I just bought the Acme Opticom from a user last night, how many la2a clones does a person need :hihi:

How does this effect BRA if their head of research and development has left :(
Hey there,

please don't worry, I haven't 'left' Black Rooster Audio and I assure you, the company will keep going strong.
Fuse is meant as a side project for my own stuff and as a means to work with other companies besides BRA.

Regarding your question about the plugin: It's based on the LA-4 which is an Op-Amp / Vactrol (LED+photoresistor to be precise) and it definitely sounds different than its predecessors. Just check it out and see if you have any use for it :wink:

Best,
Ray

jens wrote:Very strange - so BRA is without its sole coder now, who left to found a company whose first product is an emulation of the same hardware BRA already have an emulation for?
What makes you think I have left? Please don't worry, I'll continue to deliver for BRA.

Best,
Ray

fuseaudiolabs wrote: please don't worry, I haven't 'left' Black Rooster Audio and I assure you, the company will keep going strong.
*phew*

But then why another LA3A emulation?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

fuseaudiolabs wrote:What makes you think I have left?

so which one is better / more faithful - VLA-3A of VCL-4? ;-)

jens wrote:
fuseaudiolabs wrote:What makes you think I have left?

so which one is better / more faithful - VLA-3A of VCL-4? ;-)
See above, this is an LA-4 emulation, it's a different device.

Just check it out and see if you like it :wink:

Best,
Ray

Ah - my bad - now it starts to make sense - I didn't even know there was another successor... :oops:

I will certainly try it. :D

And no suprise added VAT - like Analog Obsession grrrr

VariKusBrainZ wrote:And no suprise added VAT - like Analog Obsession grrrr
Hey there,

Sorry I have to be a smart ass on that one:

VAT has to be collected if you're selling from the EU, unless you want to get into serious trouble. So it's not our "fault" it's just the law.

The good news is that our prices are calculated in a way that they already include the respective VAT for your country. So the final price is always 39 USD or 35€ (depending on your preferred currency). So you actually don't pay more then someone else just because you're buying from e.g. Sweden.

No offense and I hope this makes sense.

Best,
Ray

fuseaudiolabs wrote:
The good news is that our prices are calculated in a way that they already include the respective VAT for your country.
Which is exactly what he was referring to, I think.

jens wrote:
fuseaudiolabs wrote:
The good news is that our prices are calculated in a way that they already include the respective VAT for your country.
Indeed, I meant the advertised price is what you pay :tu:

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
jens wrote:
fuseaudiolabs wrote:
Indeed, I meant the advertised price is what you pay :tu:
Gosh, sorry then, I got you all wrong :dog:

Because of your known plugin development and Gearslutz comments I just dropped the cash without demoing :)

Return to “Effects”