Wave Alchemy Evolution

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Famousbyfive wrote:Any word on these questions guys?

Famousbyfive wrote:Same as the others. Incredible piece of software. Picked itup over Christmas and it's been a pleasure to work with ever since. Brilliant.

Couple of questions.

Is there any way to pick the output of the fx? I'd prefer to send the two reverbs out separately but it looks like they are hardwired together, can this be changed?

This is probably really simple but can't see it in the manual. Is there a way to reverse the current sample?

Last one, is there a way to clear/reset a current channel. I want to get rid of all any macros, fx etc I have for one specific channel.

Have looked over the manual a few times but apologies if it is glaringly obvious somewhere.

Cheers
Sorry for the late reply on this. I somehow missed this message.

Regarding the output of FX, I assume you mean when using Evolution in Multi Output Mode? I will speak to the team and see if we can offer an option to re-route FX sends to different, individual outputs :)

Reversing of samples is not currently available, but something we will be looking into!

Holding the Ctrl key (or Command on mac) and clicking any knob or control fully defaults it.

Alt+Ctrl + click defaults that control across all 12 drum voices.

:tu:
http://www.wavealchemy.co.uk

Specializing in the development of forward-thinking virtual instruments and sample libraries.

Robmobius wrote: I've also just watched the youtube vids..... Annnnnd bought!! :D It looks seriously powerful but still quick to use. I'm going to have some fun tonight! :tu:

Cheers!
Thanks Robmobius! :tu:

Specializing in the development of forward-thinking virtual instruments and sample libraries.

Hello Waves

Do you anticipate the Polyrhythm update to be soon or quite far away?

Must admit im tempted to pull the trigger!!! :)

kultschar wrote:Hello Waves

Do you anticipate the Polyrhythm update to be soon or quite far away?

Must admit im tempted to pull the trigger!!! :)
We are looking to release the update with Poly Rhythm certainly before the end of April, but hopefully sooner than that...

The 20% off introductory pricing for Evolution ends this Friday by the way - in case that helps yours / or others' decisions :tu:

Sounds excellent and I've just bought it, so kudos to my fellow Nottinghamians (and still in St Ann's?).
The sequencer and GUI are outstanding.

There have been a number of crashing/loading issues relating to Kontakt RAM issues and my attempts to load more than two instances of the Kontakt instrument in my 32 bit DAW, rather than the instrument itself.
I've now settled on Tape 1 as my default (with Tape 2 for 'hot warehouse mix duties', Tape 3 for FX, and No Tape for adding my own saturation if I wish).

Currently going through the presets/snapshots, and the range of well recorded percussion sounds is excellent.

Evolution is more than able to be played merrily, and then frozen/bounced to audio to save CPU in my 32-bit Ableton, on my 8GB (effectively 4GB) 2.2Ghz i-7 2720QM laptop bought in July 2011.
However, perhaps some further updates will be able to reduce CPU or make things even more usable in the coming months?

Good work Wave Alchemy.

Tape 1 is also my default :phones:

I find disabling midi select and closing Kontakt GUI helps my CPU usage (mac Bitwig). Looking forward to module options.

Is the GUI from the guy that did the interfaces for Dmitry Sches' plugins? Like it.

And is it possible to load a kit by source? For example load 808, 909 and so on...
(sorry if this is available somewhere in the menus, but I didn't had time to play much since I bought it.)

dark water wrote:Sounds excellent and I've just bought it, so kudos to my fellow Nottinghamians (and still in St Ann's?).
The sequencer and GUI are outstanding.

There have been a number of crashing/loading issues relating to Kontakt RAM issues and my attempts to load more than two instances of the Kontakt instrument in my 32 bit DAW, rather than the instrument itself.
I've now settled on Tape 1 as my default (with Tape 2 for 'hot warehouse mix duties', Tape 3 for FX, and No Tape for adding my own saturation if I wish).

Currently going through the presets/snapshots, and the range of well recorded percussion sounds is excellent.

Evolution is more than able to be played merrily, and then frozen/bounced to audio to save CPU in my 32-bit Ableton, on my 8GB (effectively 4GB) 2.2Ghz i-7 2720QM laptop bought in July 2011.
However, perhaps some further updates will be able to reduce CPU or make things even more usable in the coming months?

Good work Wave Alchemy.
Thanks!

That's interesting regarding Kontakt. Have you contacted NI about this? From what you say, it doesn't seem related specifically to Evolution, but Kontakt in general?

Tape 1 is my go to favourite also, and it seems I'm not the only one!

The 1.1 update will likely include a CPU efficient LE (Lite) version, and the Module version will of course also lower CPU.

A few tips for now, in regards to lowering CPU when using multiple instances:

1. Check which Insert FX are turned on for each of the 12 voices. Each of Evolution's 12 voices features 10 independent FX, and if these are all turned on for all 12 voices, that totals 120 FX (Eqs, compressors, saturation etc) - in theory like running 120 FX plugins, which oif course will add CPU.

2. Turn off 'MIDI Sel' in Evolution (bottom of the GUI).

It's nice to be talking to a local! We are at a different location now, but still in the Nottingham area :)

tuzemec wrote:Is the GUI from the guy that did the interfaces for Dmitry Sches' plugins? Like it.

And is it possible to load a kit by source? For example load 808, 909 and so on...
(sorry if this is available somewhere in the menus, but I didn't had time to play much since I bought it.)
Thanks for the nice words on the GUI. No, it was created by an awesome designer named Luis - he did the Revolution GUI too :tu:

Regarding loading by source. Evolution's system works by being able to load by type / timbre / source - depending on the bank.

For example you can select: Kick Drum - and you'll then see sub banks for Deep, Mid, Short, Punchy, Heavy, Unusual and many more etc.

wave alchemy wrote:
Famousbyfive wrote:Any word on these questions guys?

Famousbyfive wrote:Same as the others. Incredible piece of software. Picked itup over Christmas and it's been a pleasure to work with ever since. Brilliant.

Couple of questions.

Is there any way to pick the output of the fx? I'd prefer to send the two reverbs out separately but it looks like they are hardwired together, can this be changed?

This is probably really simple but can't see it in the manual. Is there a way to reverse the current sample?

Last one, is there a way to clear/reset a current channel. I want to get rid of all any macros, fx etc I have for one specific channel.

Have looked over the manual a few times but apologies if it is glaringly obvious somewhere.

Cheers
Sorry for the late reply on this. I somehow missed this message.

Regarding the output of FX, I assume you mean when using Evolution in Multi Output Mode? I will speak to the team and see if we can offer an option to re-route FX sends to different, individual outputs :)

Reversing of samples is not currently available, but something we will be looking into!

Holding the Ctrl key (or Command on mac) and clicking any knob or control fully defaults it.

Alt+Ctrl + click defaults that control across all 12 drum voices.

:tu:

That's great, thank you.

As far as resetting channel, I mean to default everything on that one specific channel.

For example, I have loaded a preset and I am using channels 1-4. Channel 5 is currently a clap with a load of parameters tweaked on it. I want an open hat on channel 5 but when I load it, it still has all the parameters altered and doesn't sound anything like an open hat. Is there any way to change all of the parameters for channel 5 to default so when I can quickly flick through the open hats without having to navigate a few different screens to get the sound back to "normal"?

If it's not available yet that would be really useful.

Thanks again, still loving evolution. I actually enjoy writing beats at last!

I'm loving Evolution so far... The sound is class and the workflow is very slick.

Although, I'm experiencing a bit of a glitch in Ableton (9.5 on my mac). Using the XY pad doesn't seem to allow me to blend the individual layers (transient, etc). The transient cannot be heard unless it's solo'd but playing it with the rest of the drum it disappears.

At first, I thought I hadn't switched a certain parameter on or something, but with Studio One it works fine.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote:I'm loving Evolution so far... The sound is class and the workflow is very slick.

Although, I'm experiencing a bit of a glitch in Ableton (9.5 on my mac). Using the XY pad doesn't seem to allow me to blend the individual layers (transient, etc). The transient cannot be heard unless it's solo'd but playing it with the rest of the drum it disappears.

At first, I thought I hadn't switched a certain parameter on or something, but with Studio One it works fine.

This sounds very strange, and most likely (and no offense) something that you may be missing.

Can you try loading the factory Snapshot named '_Evolution INIT' in Ableton Live. Now go to the XY Pad and move the pink dot. Does this now work?

It could be the case in the preset you are currently using that a macro is set up and routed to volume of on of the 3 layers of that sound, or that something else is soloed somewhere, or that the volume is simply turned off on the Voice page for one or more of those layers.

If you still have issues, please contact us via our web contact form on our website, and I can work through this with you in more detail :)

Famousbyfive wrote:
That's great, thank you.

As far as resetting channel, I mean to default everything on that one specific channel.

For example, I have loaded a preset and I am using channels 1-4. Channel 5 is currently a clap with a load of parameters tweaked on it. I want an open hat on channel 5 but when I load it, it still has all the parameters altered and doesn't sound anything like an open hat. Is there any way to change all of the parameters for channel 5 to default so when I can quickly flick through the open hats without having to navigate a few different screens to get the sound back to "normal"?

If it's not available yet that would be really useful.

Thanks again, still loving evolution. I actually enjoy writing beats at last!
Ok, I see what you mean. A global default per Drum Voice / Drum Channel.

It may be a huge amount of work to implement, but we'll look into this and see what we can do :tu:

wave alchemy wrote:
Robmobius wrote:I'm loving Evolution so far... The sound is class and the workflow is very slick.

This sounds very strange, and most likely (and no offense) something that you may be missing.

Can you try loading the factory Snapshot named '_Evolution INIT' in Ableton Live. Now go to the XY Pad and move the pink dot. Does this now work?

It could be the case in the preset you are currently using that a macro is set up and routed to volume of on of the 3 layers of that sound, or that something else is soloed somewhere, or that the volume is simply turned off on the Voice page for one or more of those layers.

If you still have issues, please contact us via our web contact form on our website, and I can work through this with you in more detail :)
Thanks! Will do...

EDIT: Um, sorry all is well. Evo seems to be working fine now. Not too sure what happened to be honest! :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote:
Thanks! Will do...

EDIT: Um, sorry all is well. Evo seems to be working fine now. Not too sure what happened to be honest! :)
Good to hear! :)

Return to “Instruments”