Patcher style VST?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Magic word here is called: "Parameter Event Generator" and is located under Modules > Event Generators...

It seems to work in first glance to work with Midi, but it isn´t...
You have to load your VST in MUX, then create the Parameter Event Generator and connect it´s blue jack with the corresponding blue one at the VST module...
Now you can doubleclick the Parameter Event Generator and you got a dropdown list, where all the automatable parameters of the VST are listed... choose the one of your liking... while the Value knob sets the base for the automation...

The Parameter Event Generator got two Input jacks: a blue one for Events (midi notes/velocity etc.) and a green one for internal Modulators such as LFO´s, Envelopes etc...

That´s the way to do it in MUX...
Last edited by Trancit on Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for the hint. I‘ll give it a try. The demo is installed yet. Sadly Mux does not support VST3. This seems to be the only disadvantage to metaplugin and Element. But it is good to have different tools in the box.

ReverendLove wrote:Thanks for the hint. I‘ll give it a try. The demo is installed yet. Sadly Mux does not support VST3. This seems to be the only disadvantage to metaplugin and Element. But it is good to have different tools in the box.
Yes, there is till now no VST3, but honestely, I cannot think of any advantage a VST3 plugin would have inside MUX over the VST2 version...
And yes, I would kill to have PDC inside MUX... :-)

On the other hand, you´ve got so much more inside MUX compared to the others... the internal sound engine is very very powerful...
The Modulators are top notch as well... be sure to have a deeper look into the LFO as well...

Trancit wrote: Yes, there is till now no VST3, but honestely, I cannot think of any advantage a VST3 plugin would have inside MUX over the VST2 version...
And yes, I would kill to have PDC inside MUX... :-)

On the other hand, you´ve got so much more inside MUX compared to the others... the internal sound engine is very very powerful...
The Modulators are top notch as well... be sure to have a deeper look into the LFO as well...
As Cubase user and owner of a lot VST3 plugins with sidechain support it is very convenient. Because setting up VST2 sidechaining in Cubase isn't that fun. I wrap those VST2 plugins in Element or Metaplugin (if I need automation or bridging) and then they work as VST3 literally.

Switching plugins off when not in use actually is even welcome. There are some other benefits but I should admit nothing earth shaking. Metaplugin also can wrap 32bit VSTs to 64bit hosts. Jepp, and metaplugin has flawless PDC and oversampling.

BTW: Not only the LFOs... The multi point envelope generators are dope in MUX. The only other patcher having this is Magma, but this has some other restrictions and is barely comparable. Magma is more a multi FX with patching features. It cannot load instruments f.e.

ReverendLove wrote:As Cubase user and owner of a lot VST3 plugins with sidechain support it is very convenient. Because setting up VST2 sidechaining in Cubase isn't that fun. I wrap those VST2 plugins in Element or Metaplugin (if I need automation or bridging) and then they work as VST3 literally.
With mux, you can add audio in/outputs in the insert or instrument version, then catch those I/O to feed other plugins I/O or side chain, whatever they are vst2 or 3.
You can add a insert mux in a vsti audio channel and control your patch with the same midi events as the vsti, for instance. First, I bought it for that purpose : I can control lounge lizard Epiano tremolo depth or rate on each of the epiano note with an envelope, so when the note starts = no tremolo, then the tremolo depth increases, or the opposit, or the wah-wah depthe, or whatever you want ! I cant't work without mux, now, each of my projects have 4 or 5 instances of this awesome piece of software !
You can start a note with a vsti, then fade on another...

I'm a cubase user too and there is no automation modulation implemented, mux allow that and much much more ! One needs to be familiar with modular environement.

It's an amazing application. I can do much better things than SilentWay stuff to control modular synth through asio audio output with the multipoint envelope or any modulation module. I get much more time accuracy results with mux than with silentway for controling modular synth.
Musica ! here

Return to “Effects”