Arturia Minibrute 2

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Somebody on Facebook pointed toward a leak (that they didn't screenshot!) on Sweetwater about "BruteRack" being compatible with the mysterious Arturia Link thingie.

Which started speculation on whether it's a rack version of MatrixBrute/MiniBrute/SomeOtherBrute, or if it's a Eurorack case/module/accessory that links to it, or ...?

Also, polyphony is kind of an obvious hole in their hardware line so far.

Im guessing itll be a Eurorack something
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Very cool. I Liked the look of the original, then the MicroBrute appeared with the patch points & I couldn't decided if I wanted it or the Minibrute. This improves on both. Very nice. I'm wondering if the knobs & sliders will transmit/receive MIDI CC. I don't think the original did.

MiniBrute 2S

Taking the vast sound design potential of MiniBrute 2 and supercharging it with an advanced, triple-layered step sequencer. Combining Arturia’s legacy of joyful, intuitive sequencers with attitude-packed synthesis, and expanding into the blooming world of Eurorack modular with a comprehensive mod matrix patchbay, MiniBrute 2S will give your music the Brute Factor

And another announcement tomorrow!

Image Image Image Image

Eh... the 2S isn't for me. With DAW sequencing combined with Euro sequencing, I really don't want to add another, groovebox-like sequencer. It'll be certainly be good for some people though.

Thanks to Guitar Center for the leak...

If RackBrute means their SP filter and the oscillator in module form, Im all for it.

Im kinda liking the 2S as well, I have to say.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

The 2S looks right up my street ... any prices yet?

That MiniBrute 2S seems really cool, as I don't like to play KB (and I already have one midi kb anyway). So I really like the sequencer in it!!!

But it would be really cool to play this using a Launchpad Pro.

thecontrolcentre wrote:The 2S looks right up my street ... any prices yet?
Gear4music have it for £575 (pre-order) ...

Yes, the 2 and 2S are the same price.

The new Minibrutes definitely seem to improve upon the original, but at a price. At $650 it is significantly more than the $400 I paid for the original Minibrute. Not saying it isn't worth it, but just that the price point would make me consider some other options now available (like the Korg Minilogue or the Korg Arp Odyssey) that weren't available when Minibrute 1 came out.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”