Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Googly Smythe
KVRAF

2129 posts since 11 May, 2011, from Not where I was just now.

Postby Googly Smythe; Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:25 pm Re: Stay Away from Gear4Music.com while purchasing musical instruments

We have to remember that these things happen.
I once ordered a leather jacket for my son and received a woman's overcoat. Another time I ordered a laptop for him, which had numerous faults and had to be returned.
Doesn't mean that the companies concerned are dodgy.
You get the same with plugin support - some say wonderful, others say sh*te.

I think we all agree that the kind of situations that the op finds himself in are a severe pain in the arris.
Ammeo
KVRer

9 posts since 11 Jan, 2018

Postby Ammeo; Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:51 pm Re: Stay Away from Gear4Music.com while purchasing musical instruments

Btw there have been a huge amount of complaints on their facebook page in the past few months.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Gear4music/reviews/
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF

9631 posts since 6 Sep, 2008

Postby Mushy Mushy; Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:54 pm Re: Stay Away from Gear4Music.com while purchasing musical instruments

Ammeo wrote:Btw there have been a huge amount of complaints on their facebook page in the past few months.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Gear4music/reviews/
Wow, that is rather alarming.

I do maintain though that my experiences have been first rate.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
vurt
addled muppet weed

36054 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:02 pm Re: Stay Away from Gear4Music.com while purchasing musical instruments

last time i ordered from them was first couple of weeks of december.
i don't order stuff from anywhere after that anyway, worst time of year for mail order.
justin3am
KVRAF

10375 posts since 7 May, 2006, from Southern California

Postby justin3am; Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:19 pm Re: WARNING! Stay Away from Gear4Music.com while purchasing musical instruments

fluffy_little_something wrote:Maybe your problem is living in Asia. I remember a Lebanese friend telling me that most Western companies have kind of divided the world into a hierarchy. Customers from less important regions get inferior products and services, whereas the US and European customers get the best stuff and preferential treatment.

There are a lot of different factors, but companies don't "divide the world" as you have described. Most brands/vendors only handle distribution in countries where they actually have an office. Elsewhere we rely on third-party distributors. The distributors have access to the same products and services that are available in other regions.

If a US vendor sells through a distributor in (for example) Indonesia, the distributor is usually responsible for returns, repairs and other customer service stuff... but that depends on the agreement between the company and the distributor. The goal is not to short change the customer but to accommodate language/trade barriers.
Last edited by justin3am on Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
donkey tugger
Boss Lovin' DR

4527 posts since 14 Mar, 2002, from the grimness of yorkshire

Postby donkey tugger; Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:30 pm Re: Beware of Gear4Music.com while purchasing musical instruments

I've bought 3 things from them in the last two years and the only problem I had was with one of the delivery drivers being unable to find my house, so it arrived a day late.
ScarKord
KVRist

301 posts since 12 Sep, 2001, from Surrey, England

Postby ScarKord; Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:03 pm Re: Beware of Gear4Music.com while purchasing musical instruments

Never had a problem with them myself either. Ordered a Mantis Eurorack case from them back in October, delivered with no trouble and lots of e-mail updates throughout too.
foosnark
KVRAF

4332 posts since 9 Jan, 2003, from Saint Louis MO

Postby foosnark; Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:52 am Re: WARNING! Stay Away from Gear4Music.com while purchasing musical instruments

thecontrolcentre wrote:You joined KVR to complain about gear4music?

They also joined MuffWiggler on the same day to post the exact same thing, with a location set to India while posting that they were in Pakistan. And they haven't been back to either site since then.
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF

22643 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:34 am Re: WARNING! Stay Away from Gear4Music.com while purchasing musical instruments

foosnark wrote:

They also joined MuffWiggler on the same day to post the exact same thing, with a location set to India while posting that they were in Pakistan. And they haven't been back to either site since then.

Fake news? :shrug:
Hink
Rad Grandad

27040 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from Downeast Maine

Postby Hink; Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:46 am Re: WARNING! Stay Away from Gear4Music.com while purchasing musical instruments

thecontrolcentre wrote:
foosnark wrote:

Fake news? :shrug:

well it was a fail because reading this thread it seems makes the company look pretty good. Thanx foosnark for the new info, I think I will change lock this one up.
got any good fish stories? Let minnow
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Everything Else (Music related)