Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
vstbuzz
KVRist

279 posts since 19 Feb, 2013

Postby vstbuzz; Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:17 pm VSTBuzz: 65% off “Galaxy X” by Best Service (VST/AU/AAX/RTAS) - Normally €232 now €82!

VSTBuzz: 65% off “Galaxy X” by Best Service (VST/AU/AAX/RTAS) - Normally €232 now €82!

More information at: http://vstbuzz.com/deals/60-off-galaxy-x-best-service/
http://www.VSTBuzz.com - Up to 99% off one sample library or plugin every single week!
simmo75
KVRian

614 posts since 25 Mar, 2016, from Seattle

Postby simmo75; Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:06 am Re: VSTBuzz: 65% off “Galaxy X” by Best Service (VST/AU/AAX/RTAS) - Normally €232 now €82!

Is there a demo?
I can’t find when the last update was, looks like 6 years ago... definitely not taking the chance at that price.
Cheers
tatanka
KVRian

827 posts since 12 Jan, 2014

Postby tatanka; Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:34 am Re: VSTBuzz: 65% off “Galaxy X” by Best Service (VST/AU/AAX/RTAS) - Normally €232 now €82!

Yes, it is an old one (reviews are from 2012), but if you want to tryout, after years of missing demos since a few months bestservice has some demos back which are really useable and worth for trying out, not only the Galaxy-X:

https://www.bestservice.com/engine_artists_library.html

What I can add, apart from that its old, that one part, GalaxyX-FX (there are three, one with melodic instruments, one with loops) has been free for evry buy over 99 dollar/euro in the chrstmas sale over month from many resellers (bestservice, jrrshop....). So that qualifies the great saving a little. If I find time I will look on the FX I got with another buy then but I am nearly sure I wont bite on this. Another cause: I am not really a fan of the bestservice engine as a player/sampler.

But best just load the demo down and try for yourself, I am really happy these demos are back :)
pinki
KVRian

576 posts since 2 Nov, 2006

Postby pinki; Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:25 am Re: VSTBuzz: 65% off “Galaxy X” by Best Service (VST/AU/AAX/RTAS) - Normally €232 now €82!

If anyone has this please let us know how it is....very few online reviews
lnikj
KVRAF

1706 posts since 23 May, 2005, from the North Cornwall coast

Postby lnikj; Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:44 am Re: VSTBuzz: 65% off “Galaxy X” by Best Service (VST/AU/AAX/RTAS) - Normally €232 now €82!

Looks like a largish library with some possibly interesting IRs. Try sticking Audiothing's Fog Convolver after Omnisphere or whatever you have for considerably more flexibility IMHO.
machinesworking
KVRian

1187 posts since 15 Aug, 2003, from seattle

Postby machinesworking; Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:19 am Re: VSTBuzz: 65% off “Galaxy X” by Best Service (VST/AU/AAX/RTAS) - Normally €232 now €82!

It blows me away how crazy deals are in plug ins.
A couple months ago you could get Galaxy X for free if you spent $99 or more at JRR Shop. Last month Vacuum Pro was $1 in a flash 25 hour sale, then this month it's $9, or free if you purchase some music rag or another.

It's no wonder some of us only buy plug ins when they're on sale, since it seems the market is so flooded right now that developers want $250 for an item they can't unload for more than $99 but during rough times they might take $10.

On the line of Galaxy X, haven't had a chance to really get into it, but it very much seems like the type of library that's suited for risers, tension noise FX, space sounds etc. The set up is sort of a version of what Alchemy was doing without that level of control, two or more sounds are blended etc. I like it, if I didn't already have it and I had the dough and those things were important I would bite. The 'Best Service' interface needs an update for sure, but the sounds are pretty cool in an Iris 2 sort of way.
Gamma-UT
KVRAF

3927 posts since 8 Jun, 2009, from UK

Postby Gamma-UT; Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:26 am Re: VSTBuzz: 65% off “Galaxy X” by Best Service (VST/AU/AAX/RTAS) - Normally €232 now €82!

machinesworking wrote:It blows me away how crazy deals are in plug ins.
A couple months ago you could get Galaxy X for free if you spent $99 or more at JRR Shop.

That was Galaxy X-FX, which is one out of the three parts in this current VSTbuzz offer, in case anyone goes "WTF? How come it was free with something else and now almost $100 on its own?"
tatanka
KVRian

827 posts since 12 Jan, 2014

Postby tatanka; Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:18 am Re: VSTBuzz: 65% off “Galaxy X” by Best Service (VST/AU/AAX/RTAS) - Normally €232 now €82!

Just tried out my "free" (in the christmas deals) Galaxy-FX and the Demoversion of the other two parts. Sad that you cant use it as FX and use the X-File part and the final Post-X only, that could be a nice effect, but there is no audio in in the best service engine :-(.

I must say the full version of the Galaxy-FX might be nice for some strange sound effects, the general idea and possibilities with the additional Pre-X sequencer/groove input are nice and must have been groundbreaking (in 2012....) like "Thrill" in 2017 :D , and that at the same time answers the question about any "update" or devellopment (=Thrill).

For me its definitely not worth it, I wont need the loops and comparision of the original price for the X-keys of 115 € to the 82 € now is not THAT bargain for a 6 year old library which already has its successor.

But anyone interested should really try the demoversion (link posted above), the idea is really interesting and it is easy to use, so if you like the sounds....
pinki
KVRian

576 posts since 2 Nov, 2006

Postby pinki; Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:39 am Re: VSTBuzz: 65% off “Galaxy X” by Best Service (VST/AU/AAX/RTAS) - Normally €232 now €82!

Thanks...downloading the demo now

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)