Is there a plug-in/software to generate (random with user defined parameters) midi seuqences?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, and I hope what I am asking makes sense :help:

In looking at some products in the last KVR plug-in newsletter I came a across a cool Instrument that in addition to its sounds had the function of converting musical information generated in its sequencer to midi files that then could be placed on other tracks for editing and/or to use with other sound libraries/instruments.

This made me wonder if there existed a program (preferably that would work in Cubase Pro) that could generate random midi sequences based on a set of user defined parameters.

For example, say I wanted to generate random notes all limited to G melodic minor for 48 bars, with the same sort of 1 bar rhythmic pattern,does such a program/plug-in exist?

thanks

Yes, you can check RapidComposer from MusicDevelopments.

Probably easier than RapidComposer IMO
https://intermorphic.com/noatikl/
:borg:

Ryan99 wrote:Yes, you can check RapidComposer from MusicDevelopments.
Wow. That looks fairly amazing, if not a bit intimidating! But, yes, exactly what I was thinking about. Thanks

V0RT3X wrote:Probably easier than RapidComposer IMO
https://intermorphic.com/noatikl/
Also very cool looking--and seemingly a little less intimidating (in terms of learning curve) Think I will give both a test drive.

You guys are great! :tu:

Jonny Quest wrote:
Wow. That looks fairly amazing, if not a bit intimidating! But, yes, exactly what I was thinking about. Thanks
I don't know about the other program, but RapidComposer is regularly updated by his maker, he has a forum section in KVR where users put feedback for improvements to make.

Also, on the MusicDevelopments website, there are many tutorial videos about the features of this program.

One of the things that I like is that it can host other VST's, so you can play the music either with the soundfonts from the program or from another VST, like a piano or a synth for example.

actually, upon further review, this is the one for me. brilliant

Intermorphic Noatikl mentioned above is useless unless you want to produce John Cage style ambient music.

RapidComposer is a beast. It has a dozen different generators for melody, chords, bass, arpeggiator, fingering, staccato, ostinato etc which define parameters like note range, shape of the melody, probability of polyphony/monophony, note repetition, allowed/disallowed notes etc. Then within each of these generators there are ten different rhythm algorithms which define rhythmic patterns and velocities. When these note generators and rhythm algorithms are combined you will get insane number of cool results. What's more, RapidComposer can run as a VST inside your DAW and you can just drag and drop generated notes into your DAW.

untimelyman wrote:

RapidComposer is a beast. It has a dozen different generators for melody, chords, bass, arpeggiator, fingering, staccato, ostinato etc which define parameters like note range, shape of the melody, probability of polyphony/monophony, note repetition, allowed/disallowed notes etc. Then within each of these generators there are ten different rhythm algorithms which define rhythmic patterns and velocities. When these note generators and rhythm algorithms are combined you will get insane number of cool results. What's more, RapidComposer can run as a VST inside your DAW and you can just drag and drop generated notes into your DAW.
Yes, I played with the demo for a couple of hours last night--was bummed I could not save the composition.

If anyone knows how to get the holiday sale or promo code that is listed on the RapidComposer site, I will buy today. :hyper:

Jonny Quest wrote:
untimelyman wrote:

Yes, I played with the demo for a couple of hours last night--was bummed I could not save the composition.

If anyone knows how to get the holiday sale or promo code that is listed on the RapidComposer site, I will buy today. :hyper:
The sale was extended until January 7th. Maybe you can contact him directly, explain how you heard about it, he might be nice to you.

-----removed the video - not a good one - apologies.

However I am making an important one that's about sharing midi info between different play button contents.

Some using overall contents (though can be limited to channel(s), section, or note group selected), and others using note(s) captured by pointer(s) on a keyboard display.

ChordwarePA

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”