Companies developing plugins once in 5 years and others releasing every month a new one

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

wagtunes wrote:But I can't find the one where the fraud was exposed.
It was posted in the DNR Collaborative company forum, which has since been deleted completely. But yeah, I remember the case, and as a whole it was probably the most bizarre thing I've seen around here. And, I guess, the most bizarre history for effect algorithms I've seen around here, too... Originally it was Keytosound brand stuff, then at some point Ace of Base got involved :D with them (Koblo)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkWI_n3m_3Q

annnd then they somehow found their way into MixControl by DNR Collaborative, and then all of ^ the above happened. The alleged scam / weirdness / vanishing etc, I mean, not the above video. Hah.

Edit: oh, here it is, basically: viewtopic.php?p=6666920

Haha, and I see you have actually posted in that thread a year ago, Wagtunes, saying "Wow! Somebody should turn this into a movie."

:dog:

So yeah, it's that case. How can you forget a story like that, man? :D

murnau wrote: The first sentence is:
I just got another mail from a company about a new synth, a new emulation to be precise.
@wagtunes, that should lead you directly to that company. I bet you subscribed to all plug-in maker newsletters, go to those just received before that thread appeared and you got it. Please share, though it wouldn´t mean you missed anything...

regarding Diodow, just looking at the web site would trigger my long gone epilepsy, had to switch off fast...

Tj Shredder wrote:
murnau wrote: The first sentence is:
I just got another mail from a company about a new synth, a new emulation to be precise.
@wagtunes, that should lead you directly to that company. I bet you subscribed to all plug-in maker newsletters, go to those just received before that thread appeared and you got it. Please share, though it wouldn´t mean you missed anything...

regarding Diodow, just looking at the web site would trigger my long gone epilepsy, had to switch off fast...
Great idea. I'll go check and we can put this to bed.

Okay, mystery solved. It's Arturia. They just announced the Minibrute 2 and as you know every year they add 4 new synths to their V Collection, which translates to about a new synth every 3 months. Often? Yeah, but not every month. And, because of the way they do it, only really a couple of times a year if you include hardware.

Do they make stuff more often than U-he? Sure. But they're not cranking this stuff out like Pez.

Anyway, that's who he's referring to. It can't be anybody else because nothing else new came out that day of any significance unless it's some unknown one man show.

So, do you guys agree with the OP. Do you think of Arturia as a mass producer of VSTs?

I don't. But whatever.

Arturia was suggested on page 1.

The most amusing aspect of the OP's post, though is the revelation of his own ignorance. Undermined himself from the outset.
I wonder how is it possible to release so many plugins in such a short period of time? And what is more important, how can devs ensure the quality of the software when they come up with new synths or plugins every month?
I don´t get it..
I mean, even if they have a huge team of developers.
If a team of say, 8 or 10 can produce one plugin in a year, how many plugins can five teams of 8 to ten produce?

Hard one, eh?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

maybe he got an email from yobare, who is about to drop 6 synths!

vurt wrote:maybe he got an email from yobare, who is about to drop 6 synths!

Same 6 as last year? :lol:

whyterabbyt wrote: If a team of say, 8 or 10 can produce one plugin in a year, how many plugins can five teams of 8 to ten produce?
That's an easy one. 1 plugin per month.

Tone2 must have run out of GUIs, they havent had a synth out for ages :hihi:

AnX wrote:

no, idea, had been abducted by aliens for a bit so missed all that.

vurt wrote: no, idea, had been abducted by aliens for a bit so missed all that.
:o

So... so is there a soundtrack to all this abducting (and I assume some penetration was involved. Even when I protest, they insist it's SOP).

Aleatoriac wrote:
vurt wrote: no, idea, had been abducted by aliens for a bit so missed all that.
:o

So... so is there a soundtrack to all this abducting (and I assume some penetration was involved. Even when I protest, they insist it's SOP).

there was indeed penetration.
im like james t kirk when it comes to nordic blue aliens :love:

the soundtrack to my alien lovemaking sessions...

vurt wrote:
AnX wrote:

no, idea, had been abducted by aliens for a bit so missed all that.
Aleatoriac wrote:
(and I assume some penetration was involved. Even when I protest, they insist it's SOP).
Nothing to do with me :hihi:
Last edited by Aliens on Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”