2CAudio Breeze | 2.5 | Simple. Light. Pristine. Intelligently Adaptive.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Breeze

I’m a breeze 1 owner, but also own the new Toneboosters tb Reverb v4 an Eventide Ultraverb. Can’t hear something new in breeze 2. Tb Reverb is phenomenal for that low price!

Hi Andrew,

I'd like to hear some more opinions before deciding... However, would a further discount be possible for forum members who are not currently 2c audio customers?

axb312 wrote:Hi Andrew,

I'd like to hear some more opinions before deciding...
Of course. but what matters most is what YOU think. not me or anyone else. I suggest to just try the demo and see if you like it and if it is fit for you.
axb312 wrote: However, would a further discount be possible for forum members who are not currently 2c audio customers?
We do have this program if you are on a really tight budget etc:

https://www.designersound.com/content/7-referral

Andrew Souter wrote:

Of course. but what matters most is what YOU think. not me or anyone else. I suggest to just try the demo and see if you like it and if it is fit for you.
axb312 wrote: However, would a further discount be possible for forum members who are not currently 2c audio customers?
We do have this program if you are on a really tight budget etc:

https://www.designersound.com/content/7-referral
Any sponsors on here?

Svama wrote:I’m a breeze 1 owner, but also own the new Toneboosters tb Reverb v4 an Eventide Ultraverb. Can’t hear something new in breeze 2. Tb Reverb is phenomenal for that low price!
How would you compare tb to VVV and breeze?

I think I can build similar sounds with tb Reverb v4, but like Andrew said, you have to try it by your own.
Tb Reverb also has features breeze 2 doesn’t have.

ignore

I've been producing and recording music for 35 years, working both with analogue and digital. I work on the prosumer side of music and audio. I spend as much time working on music as I do making a living in another field. I've done youtube videos comparing up to 30 reverbs. I have many/most of the software reverbs on the market. And I *love* working with reverb.

2c-audios reverb products are in my top 5 list.

I would say that there is at least one 2c-audio reverb on every track I create. You can judge if I have any clue about music and audio by listening to some of my track on my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWkibc ... icofPlexus

That was an endorsement. :)

I could always use more youtube subscribers as I try and build out my channel, if you are inclined.

Andrew Souter wrote:
axb312 wrote: Hi Andrew ,

Perhaps I'm wrong but the intro price of 75 USD includes some expansions as well right?

Or is the expectation that we spend for a reverb - with a 50 USD discount and then nullify that discount with an expansion or two?

Also, when is the introductory price up to?

If you are a new customer, the pre-release price is $74.95 for Breeze 2.0, or $99.95 for Breeze 2.0 "Pack" which includes, Breeze 2.0 and all Breeze preset expansions (and also includes Breeze 1 at the moment just in case anyone needs to use it).

If you have Breeze 1, Aether, or B2, you can subtract $25 off these prices by using this voucher code:

Crossgrade_2CAudioBreeze2

we expect to make a new 2.0.2 version available tomorrow, which will include:

0) a new feature which can spatialize the input signal to function something like invisible Early Reflection energy to give incredible sense of instant space and depth
1) final factory presets (160 total)
2) final "Simply Better" expansion (260 presets, made by me personally using all new 2.0 features)
3) Light Mode GUI
4) fix of AU crash on plug-in removal or move in mixer (Denis already posted that fix earlier in the thread)
5) Import package command back to the File menu to install preset expansions
6) GUI resize without plug-in reload in AAX (already woks for AU and VST)
7) Other misc fixes

then we expect we will have a 2.0.3 with any final tweaks/fixes done by Feb 1 or so, and the Pre-release phase will end at that point. So the price will go up on Feb 1. It will go up $25. Then on March 1, it will go up another $25 to full normal price.

Simon is also making a preset expansion and it will be retro-avtively included in the Breeze 2.0 pack once it is complete.

So, ya, I'd suggest the pack:

https://www.designersound.com/breeze/22 ... -pack.html

but it's up to you, just the plug with factory presets is here:

https://www.designersound.com/breeze/222-breeze-20.html

We have made it quite easy to make you own presets also of course.
Hi Andrew,

Do the 160 factory presets mentioned here include those from breeze 1?breeze 2 section like a little sparse in the demo...

axb312 wrote: Do the 160 factory presets mentioned here include those from breeze 1?'
no.

there are 320 presets in the "Old 1.0 Factory" bank.

there are 160 presets in the "New 2.0 Factory" bank. (as of 2.0.2, which should go out within 24 hours)

there is no overlap between them. they are all unique.
axb312 wrote: breeze 2 section like a little sparse in the demo...
that is bc presets were not complete yet when we made 2.0.0 and 2.0.1 available. There will be many more in 2.0.2 coming tomorrow.

We are technically still in pre-release state as explained in detail in the first post. But AFAIK we already are more or less bug-free with the exception of some odd GUI artifacts on OSX that we are still exploring, but these generally resolve themselves if you simply close and reopen the GUI.

If one would rely on forum posts to make decisions about purchasing a given plug-in he or she would miss out on a lot of great tools out there. I think, the plug-ins 2CAudio makes need no written praise, as once a user has tested the demo versions he or she will be convinced by his ears anyway.

Sampleconstruct wrote:

If one would rely on forum posts to make decisions about purchasing a given plug-in he or she would miss out on a lot of great tools out there. I think, the plug-ins 2CAudio makes need no written praise, as once a user has tested the demo versions he or she will be convinced by his ears anyway.
For sure, like I stated earlier the demo sounded really nice to me. I'm hoping to make this my final Purchase though :) when it comes to reverbs and am therefore looking for more comparisons...

axb312 wrote: For sure, like I stated earlier the demo sounded really nice to me. I'm hoping to make this my final Purchase though :) when it comes to reverbs and am therefore looking for more comparisons...
I think that's the crux: in my opinion, one can't have enough reverbs. But yes they can start to over-lap once you've covered a range of sound characteristics.

If I were to have to pick a tight selection of revberbs, it would include:

2c-audio (Aether, B2, BreezeA): very open and airy, between Aether and B2 a very wide range of colour, spsace, time and character

Liquidsonics Seventh Heaven Pro: very dynamic, deep and interesting sounding convolution reverb. Essentially an endorsed clone of the Bricasti M7 which gets a lot of praise. 7HPro is very musical.

Zynaptiq Adaptaverb: This is for me is the creative reverb. Its very versatile because of how you can control the resynthesis into the reverb. Goes beyond your typical reverb but still reamains very musical and easy to mix with

Melda TurboReverb: This is actually a good sounding reverb! and the depth of it's programming is unsurpassed by any other reverb I've tried (which is a lot of them). I am including this reverb because it's so deep and can really take you into very far out realms. If you don't want your reverbs to be weird and creative then you don't need this one but if you want the widest range of reverbs available this is a must.

IMHO :D

But this is still around $1000 in reverbs.

If I had to narrow it down to one, honestly, I come up with 2c-audio. The reason is because they would give me some semblance of Seventh Heaven but give me more range of sound character. Seventh Heaven is great but it has "that sound". 2c-audio offers a wider range of possibilities. If it came down to one 2c-audio product I'd say B2. Again over-lap - it overlaps a bit with Aether but offers a wider pallete of sound.

Hope that helps. Totally subjective and unique to me, the way I hear and the music I do.

Why no third band in the eq? A peak (dynamic) would be great.

Looking forwards to B2 2 (or B2 too? BTuTu?)

Return to “Effects”