SynthMaster v2.9.8 released with 50 new cinematic presets by DeJaVu Sound

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2

I deleted the data folder and the red lines were still there for me as well (hence my post about getting rid of them over in the kv331 forum). They appear to be less noticeable in the default skin, but are still there in full force in some of the others (like whatever that red skin is called).

Still experiencing the license key issue here. Last night I spent a good 5 minutes waiting for a Live set to open without realizing the license key window had opened in the background. :dog:
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

In OS X, it's possible to make the scrollbars of preset browser follow the scroll settings of OS? I'm using Scroll Direction: Natural.

OK, I found the setting: "Is mouse wheel reversed?". But it's not just easier to follow the settings of the operational system and not clutter the interface with another other option?

Holy shit, a single instance of SM 2.9.6 takes 750Mb of RAM on Reaper !!
Dune 2 takes less than 30Mb.

What's going on here ?

lolilol1975 wrote:Holy shit, a single instance of SM 2.9.6 takes 750Mb of RAM on Reaper !!
Dune 2 takes less than 30Mb.

What's going on here ?
Not sure. I see SM 2.9.6 standalone taking 567MB of RAM, with an init preset.

With SM 2.9.6 as a VSTi plugin with an init preset in Reaper, I show Reaper using 633MB. If I delete the single track with SM, Reaper drops to 120MB. So that looks like the SM plugin is using about 513MB.

By comparison, SM One only seems to use 263 MB with an init preset.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Hint: SM oscillators ... and probably reverb and other aspects (unsure), are samples.

Think I just found a solution to the license key issue - it was read only. Whoops.
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

zzz00m wrote:

With SM 2.9.6 as a VSTi plugin with an init preset in Reaper, I show Reaper using 633MB. If I delete the single track with SM, Reaper drops to 120MB. So that looks like the SM plugin is using about 513MB.

I'm gonna look into this guys. Yes I confirmed that the first instance takes 760 MB. However, subsequent instances take 40 MB.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote:
zzz00m wrote:

I'm gonna look into this guys. Yes I confirmed that the first instance takes 760 MB. However, subsequent instances take 40 MB.
In my case, few instances of sm2 pushing my ram to 100%. As I mentioned in a previous post, I think synthmaster 2 loads all the user and stock wavetables and Sfz multisamples (wav-aif files) in the ram, instead of just reading those files from disk and just load what ever is used by the preset in the ram. Bülent, I've sent you 3 support tickets about 2 weeks ago, not sure if you received them...

_TIP_ wrote: 01. RAM overload
Synthmaster 2 becomes unusable after installing my personal Wavetable & SFZ collection in my documents folder, seems that loads "everything" in the RAM instead of just loading what ever sound (Wav, Wavetable, SFZ) is in use.

02. MultiStage Envelope still out of sync
The MultiStage Envelope is still out of sync when you hold a long note (like 30" or so...), please check the *.png file below showing that the rendered audio file doesn't sync with the grid.

03. Layer 1 mutes when Layer 2 dry level is up in the layer sends tab
There is no sound coming out from Layer 1 when Layer 2 "DRY" level is in positive value in the layer sends tab and all bus sends are in 0 value. Please see the pic below. Thanks!

Win10 Home 64bit, Reaper v5.70 64bit

_TIP_ wrote:Bülent, I've sent you 3 support tickets about 2 weeks ago, not sure if you received them...
Yes I received them and they are in my todo list.

I will address this memory issue after I return from NAMM, sometime in Feb-March timeframe.

FYI: SynthMaster does not read all waveforms/wavetables/samples when the first instance is loaded. those resources are loaded when a preset that uses them is loaded or when the user uses the oscillator waveform/wavetable display to go through waveforms/wavetables/samples. The problem is SM doesn't release unused resources, I have to figure out the right way to do that without causing any crashes that might occur due to parallel executing of UI/audio threads.

This is something I have to fix in February because hopefuly in March we will release SynthMaster One iOS, and on iOS RAM is very limited so this is a showstopper issue.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote:
_TIP_ wrote:Bülent, I've sent you 3 support tickets about 2 weeks ago, not sure if you received them...

I will address this memory issue after I return from NAMM, sometime in Feb-March timeframe.

FYI: SynthMaster does not read all waveforms/wavetables/samples when the first instance is loaded. those resources are loaded when a preset that uses them is loaded or when the user uses the oscillator waveform/wavetable display to go through waveforms/wavetables/samples. The problem is SM doesn't release unused resources, I have to figure out the right way to do that without causing any crashes that might occur due to parallel executing of UI/audio threads.

This is something I have to fix in February because hopefuly in March we will release SynthMaster One iOS, and on iOS RAM is very limited so this is a showstopper issue.
Very important point. We tend not to think too much about RAM, on iOS, but it’s a very important limit, especially for musicking. Even with a few too many pages open in Safari, it can cause issues.
Really hope you can optimize your synths’ RAM usage. Even on macOS, it can make a pretty decent difference.
The issue is, though, it’s one of these things which require a lot of testing, which might delay the release… or make it much more controversial. As you can tell from forum.audiob.us interactions, iOS musickers aren’t particularly forgiving in terms of those memory issues.

kv331 wrote:

I mentioned that SM2 loads all user and stock sounds (Wavetables & Sfz Multisamples) in RAM, because when i deleted my personal library, SM2 used at least half of the Ram resources for every instance i would load. Thanks for your reply and enjoy your time at NAMM, please keep us posted with some pics or videos if you get a chance!!!

Happy to say the Synthmaster 2.9 and Synthmaster ONE 1.6 are both working
in linux, in both linux Reaper, (with the plugins wrapped as native linux vsts,
by LinVst) and in the windows Reaper run in wine-staging.

The usage improvements over 2.8 and 1.x are quite obvious,
the preset browser works, no screen flashing in 2.9, and it's
fun to use the 1.6 midi-out to play the 2.9 soundsets.
Cheers
Last edited by glokraw on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sorry guys, I have a couple questions about LFOs features in Synthmaster2.
I had a look at the manual but still not sure about a few things...

1. I'm not sure about the difference between VLFOs and SLFOs... I suppose I know what "voice" means, but can't really get a grasp on when to use one and when the other. Any practical example?

2. The envelope (Delay-Attack-Release) for the VLFO works as I'd expect. The envelope for SLFOs doesn't seem to have any effect on the signal. Tried that on few different target parameters. Am I missing something?

3. Whats the use for the "Final" knob? Can't hear any difference when using it and maybe I'm doing it wrong. Any example?

Thank you very much

I have just updated SM2 to the latest 2.9 version and have quite a few issues with "Missing Sample Definitions" See attached image.

If I click OK the sound appears to work fine but I am not a big user of SM2 so I have no idea how it happens or how to fix it yet.

I have read that many of these issues were suppose to be fixed but seems I have dozens of issues mainly with non-factory presets.

What is the easiest way to fix? I am trying to generate NKS files for Komplete Kontrol but these errors are slowing things down.

Also previously in v2.8 the "Easy Macro" controls exposed their actual tags to the host but in 2.9 these now just appear as "Easy1....Easy8". Any possibility this could be fixed to how it was under 2.8 where the actual name of the control would appear in the host (important for Komplete Kontrol). Without that they will just be static "Easy" tags.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”