2CAudio Breeze | 2.5 | Simple. Light. Pristine. Intelligently Adaptive.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Breeze

A longer pre-delay would be nice.
eg at 60bpm 16ths and 8ths are 250 and 500ms.
at 120bpm 16ths, 8ths and 1/4s are 125, 250, 500ms
Breeze2's max pre-delay is 256ms
Can it go up to 500ms?
& could pre-delay be optionally shown in 16ths, 8ths etc?

aMUSEd wrote:Looking forwards to B2 2 (or B2 too? BTuTu?)
Me too!
B2 is still my favorite by a country mile and for my (personal) taste and need of reverb i heard nothing with more depth and density yet.
And i‘ve gone trough nearly all software you can demo.
B2 is the bomb :D
I mean i like all the 2CAudio reverbs since i‘m a Perfect Storm user and the only reverb i use on top is mainly Logic‘s Space Designer.
But like it was mentioned already, only a demo can tell if it is the right thing.

plexuss wrote:
2c-audio (Aether, B2, BreezeA): very open and airy, between Aether and B2 a very wide range of colour, spsace, time and character

Liquidsonics Seventh Heaven Pro: very dynamic, deep and interesting sounding convolution reverb. Essentially an endorsed clone of the Bricasti M7 which gets a lot of praise. 7HPro is very musical.

Zynaptiq Adaptaverb: This is for me is the creative reverb. Its very versatile because of how you can control the resynthesis into the reverb. Goes beyond your typical reverb but still reamains very musical and easy to mix with

Melda TurboReverb: This is actually a good sounding reverb! and the depth of it's programming is unsurpassed by any other reverb I've tried (which is a lot of them). I am including this reverb because it's so deep and can really take you into very far out realms. If you don't want your reverbs to be weird and creative then you don't need this one but if you want the widest range of reverbs available this is a must.
I tend to agree that these other choices are some of the most interesting options recently besides our own stuff... they all do unique things which is something I appreciate. :tu:

Cinebient wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Looking forwards to B2 2 (or B2 too? BTuTu?)
Me too!
B2 is still my favorite by a country mile and for my (personal) taste and need of reverb i heard nothing with more depth and density yet.
And i‘ve gone trough nearly all software you can demo.
B2 is the bomb :D
I mean i like all the 2CAudio reverbs since i‘m a Perfect Storm user and the only reverb i use on top is mainly Logic‘s Space Designer.
But like it was mentioned already, only a demo can tell if it is the right thing.

BTuTu! I like it. :D

note it is not immediately imminent. It will take a little time. And the things it does really well will likely still require decent CPU usage. Hopefully we can get "2x as fast", but it's unlikely we can 4x or 8x as fast etc. (except maybe in some special cases). We have to try and see.

Consider for example the simple problem of interpolation: effectively "perfect" interpolation such as our "perfection and obsession" modes requires at least 64 times (actually a lot more) the amount of work as the simplest option of Linear interpolation (which is both noisy and lossy in high freqs). But still to this day we don't really know how to achieve exactly that same result with less work. Seemingly no one else does either bc I have not found anyone with modulation as clean as ours yet...

But we can be smarter about other various things. anyway, we have to try and see. it's premature to make any kind of estimates until we try.

I have other RnD for (codename) BTuTu that we want to implement also. I am confident we can make it better than anything on the planet hardware or software... but we don't expect it to be ultra-light on the CPU like Breeze 2 is. We expect to bring it down as much as possible, and then add new features with the savings we achieve.

Meanwhile, as I said previously, I'm actually a bit nervous we made Breeze 2, TOO GOOD, as at the moment it does indeed challenge B2 and Aether in several areas. :o
Last edited by Andrew Souter on Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

timyork wrote:A longer pre-delay would be nice.
eg at 60bpm 16ths and 8ths are 250 and 500ms.
at 120bpm 16ths, 8ths and 1/4s are 125, 250, 500ms
Breeze2's max pre-delay is 256ms
Can it go up to 500ms?
& could pre-delay be optionally shown in 16ths, 8ths etc?

probably possible. we will think about it. :tu:

btw, we have up to 1000ms in B2. (but here can be useful bc we have two engines, and we may like to delay one significantly while the other is doing it's thing earlier in time...)

but in general I have found the most useful range to be under 100ms in most cases.

the only real desire for longer times is to have tempo synched slap-back stuff. So I think if we keep 0/1 to 256 as the main range, and simply add note-tempo-based options (which can achieve longer times), this would be sufficient, agree?

i mean does anyone really want to enter 637.314ms for example?? 1/8, 1/4 note etc would be enough, yes?
Last edited by Andrew Souter on Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Well, I'm in love with Breeze 2.

Improvising with one of my Falcon patches (Wahwah Tubes) straight into Breeze 2using a preset from my upcoming expansion.

https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... ay-drifter

Dear Andrew, I have just sent a message to your store support to understand better which preset expansions are included in my last purchase and which will be the best way for me to purchase all the possible expansions (I thought it was clear for me, but I am no more sure).

B2, Aether and Breeze 2 are absolutely my favorite reverbs! And I have really many of them…
Can't wait to try the full Breeze 2 package with all the expansions!

XComposer wrote:Dear Andrew, I have just sent a message to your store support to understand better which preset expansions are included in my last purchase and which will be the best way for me to purchase all the possible expansions (I thought it was clear for me, but I am no more sure).

B2, Aether and Breeze 2 are absolutely my favorite reverbs! And I have really many of them…
Can't wait to try the full Breeze 2 package with all the expansions!
If you have Perfect Storm 2.5 (as you do) or equivalent (Aether, B2, Breeze 1 and all associated preset expansions), and you order Breeze 2.0 during the Pre-Release (before Feb 1, 2018), as you did, you will be given all the new Breeze 2 expansions at no additional cost.

So you are already good to go. :tu:

If you are looking for even more, get Kaleidoscope. This is a whole other universe to explore. Kaleidoscope is rather cult-like though: you are either a true believer or you are not. :D It's not as universal as Breeze for example. I doubt we will sell Kaleidoscope to a country music artist or etc. whereas for Breeze 2, i could legitimately say that 100% of the 100K or more attendees who go to NAMM this week could benefit from Breeze 2. That's not true for Kaleidoscope. Kaleidoscope is a sound-design, scoring, composing, creative electronic music tool. If you do this kind of work, it's absolutely invaluable. If not, it may seem esoteric.

I'm just still tweaking this "light Mode GUI" stuff, which is tricky to make look good when color is a moving target bc of the color preferences. That is holding up posting 2.0.2, and you need 2.0.2 to use the new presets bc it has a new feature and many of the presets use this feature.

So it might be one more day for 2.0.2, or late in the night tonight still...

Is there a way to separate out the early and late reflections in Breeze? Use case:

1. Different pre-delay for different instruments to create a sense of space/ depth. On Early reflections only.

2. One late reflection to in the sounds as they come back (that made more sense in my head)....

Also, is a manual out yet?

axb312 wrote:Is there a way to separate out the early and late reflections in Breeze? Say I want to use this for late reflections only?
not exactly. not like in Aether for example, where we have two completely separate engines with level controls for both.

but there are ways to "minimize the perception of the ERs so much that the result is effectively quite similar to diffuse LR-engery-only".

the ways are:

1: use Hall, Chamber, or Colored (if coloration is acceptable/desirable) Alg Modes
2: set Density to "far away from 0" such as -100% or +100%
3: set Contour to a "medium negative value" such as -25% to -75%
4: Use high diffusion
5: avoid huge sizes

Chamber in particular is incredibly dense and will hide the perception of any isolated reflections quite well, unless you intentionally try to create them (which can actually be cool also).

or for "plate-like" things:

1: use one of the Hyper-Plate modes
2: set Density to "far away from 0" such as -100% or +100%
3: set Contour to a "medium positive value" such as 25% to 75%
4: keep size small to medium (say 20m or less)
5: try negative shape values
6: Use high diffusion

this will produce an instant full density, dispersive impulse response, with almost perfect exponential decay. i.e. like an ideal plate. There is basically nothing in it that can really be considered "ERs".

Anyone else has the issue of Breeze2 popping up where Breeze1 once was?

for example here's an impulse response of a drum chamber preset... similar to the plate recipe above, but using chamber:

http://www.2caudio.com/sitecontent/prod ... ber_IR.wav

there is absolutely no density buildup... it just starts at full density, and stays that way. if you can tell me where the "ERs" are, you win a prize. :D I could not tell myself looking only at the IR, and I'm a bit of an IR nerd. :borg:

this example is basically like a convolution verb using an IR of a real space, but we have no IRs in our product. The download is 5MB or something like that. :wink:

And of course we can do the exact opposite and have huge grainy multi-delay kind of things as well which are definitely NOT like real-world IRs, but do indeed sound awesome on synth pads and other things.

and anything in-between...
Last edited by Andrew Souter on Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

First off -- Andrew, I have to say that I love your tools. Between your stuff and Valhalla + the Ableton Convolution verb, I've got everything covered tone and space wise -- With your's (as you mentioned above) being the cleanest regarding interpolation, modulation, and inharmonic output. Much applause for the years of amazing sounding tools. I used to be a reverb junkie.

But regarding the feature requests for tempo sync'd pre-delay by many people, and forgive me anyone if this sounds brash because I've seen it a lot:
Are we that limited in resources/screen real estate/cognitive overhead that it's a potentially deal breaking detriment to not have a tempo sync'd pre-delay, and just toss a simple tempo sync'd delay (most of which are free, or included in any host out there) before the delay on the return or insert? If anything, I've run into the problem where the pre-delay doesn't go low enough to create more rhythmically tight pre-delays with a manual (and usually more flexible delay) in front of the verb. I've seen as high as 10ms in some verbs that I've tried for the lowest parameter value.

Of topic a bit, but if anything, I think things like compressors and dynamics processors should have musically relevant timing options as standard these days, and delays in the detectors for more transient shaping options.

Daedal wrote:First off -- Andrew, I have to say that I love your tools. Between your stuff and Valhalla + the Ableton Convolution verb, I've got everything covered tone and space wise -- With your's (as you mentioned above) being the cleanest regarding interpolation, modulation, and inharmonic output. Much applause for the years of amazing sounding tools. I used to be a reverb junkie.
Thanks kindly. :tu:
Daedal wrote: But regarding the feature requests for tempo sync'd pre-delay by many people, and forgive me anyone if this sounds brash because I've seen it a lot:
Are we that limited in resources/screen real estate/cognitive overhead that it's a potentially deal breaking detriment to not have a tempo sync'd pre-delay, and just toss a simple tempo sync'd delay (most of which are free, or included in any host out there) before the delay on the return or insert? If anything, I've run into the problem where the pre-delay doesn't go low enough to create more rhythmically tight pre-delays with a manual (and usually more flexible delay) in front of the verb.
it's actually no hard to just add to breeze also, and just have the current ms range and a tempo option.

the reason we didn't have it before is bc some verb models have "built-in" natural pre-delay that depends on size, so adding some tempo-sync pre-delay to this amount is kinda meaningless bc the sum still won't be musically where you expect it to be.

but some of the new alg modes can start exactly at zero, so we can get exact tempo-based pre-delays. I was thinking about it some already, and we have the relevant code already from KS that handles all kinds of fancy timing info, so it's easy to do.

maybe in 2.0.3 in time for official release. or maybe later in a 2.1 or whatever... we'll see.
Daedal wrote: I've seen as high as 10ms in some verbs that I've tried for the lowest parameter value.
the reason for this is that they are "cheating" in a sense. :D 10ms is about 512 samples at 44100 SR. Algo verb works with delays. If your delay is never smaller then 10ms, you can internally have 512 sample latency, but declare 0 samples, and claim "zero latency" for marketing. And having 512 sample buffer makes processing more efficient... So it's a bit of a trick, but it's not exactly dishonest bc in most cases you don't need anything happening that early anyway...

we do the same in Aether and B2, but in our case it is only 64 samples. 64 samples at 44.1k or higher is a tiny delay in terms of real physical space.

in Breeze 2, we can actually go exactly to zero and we really do have true "Zero latency" the full sense of the term.

Return to “Effects”