Beware of Gear4Music.com while purchasing musical instruments

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We have to remember that these things happen.
I once ordered a leather jacket for my son and received a woman's overcoat. Another time I ordered a laptop for him, which had numerous faults and had to be returned.
Doesn't mean that the companies concerned are dodgy.
You get the same with plugin support - some say wonderful, others say sh*te.

I think we all agree that the kind of situations that the op finds himself in are a severe pain in the arris.

Btw there have been a huge amount of complaints on their facebook page in the past few months.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Gear4music/reviews/

Ammeo wrote:Btw there have been a huge amount of complaints on their facebook page in the past few months.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Gear4music/reviews/
Wow, that is rather alarming.

I do maintain though that my experiences have been first rate.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

last time i ordered from them was first couple of weeks of december.
i don't order stuff from anywhere after that anyway, worst time of year for mail order.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Maybe your problem is living in Asia. I remember a Lebanese friend telling me that most Western companies have kind of divided the world into a hierarchy. Customers from less important regions get inferior products and services, whereas the US and European customers get the best stuff and preferential treatment.
There are a lot of different factors, but companies don't "divide the world" as you have described. Most brands/vendors only handle distribution in countries where they actually have an office. Elsewhere we rely on third-party distributors. The distributors have access to the same products and services that are available in other regions.

If a US vendor sells through a distributor in (for example) Indonesia, the distributor is usually responsible for returns, repairs and other customer service stuff... but that depends on the agreement between the company and the distributor. The goal is not to short change the customer but to accommodate language/trade barriers.
Last edited by justin3am on Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

I've bought 3 things from them in the last two years and the only problem I had was with one of the delivery drivers being unable to find my house, so it arrived a day late.

Never had a problem with them myself either. Ordered a Mantis Eurorack case from them back in October, delivered with no trouble and lots of e-mail updates throughout too.

thecontrolcentre wrote:You joined KVR to complain about gear4music?
They also joined MuffWiggler on the same day to post the exact same thing, with a location set to India while posting that they were in Pakistan. And they haven't been back to either site since then.

foosnark wrote:
They also joined MuffWiggler on the same day to post the exact same thing, with a location set to India while posting that they were in Pakistan. And they haven't been back to either site since then.
Fake news? :shrug:

thecontrolcentre wrote:
foosnark wrote:
Fake news? :shrug:
well it was a fail because reading this thread it seems makes the company look pretty good. Thanx foosnark for the new info, I think I will change lock this one up.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”