One Synth Challenge #106: FB-3100/3200/3300 by Full Bucket Music (Jasinski Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FB-3100 FB-3200 FB-3300

WOW! i did not expect to be on the top 5! :party:

great surprise for me!
i also totally missed that you guys have commentented on Soundcloud, my bad :), so i just answered everyone at once, i hope i havent forgotten to answer someone :)
~Producer of various genres and hybrid stuff~
[Hard-Trance][Hardcore][Techno][Electro-Industrial][Rhythm ’n’ Noise]
https://www.youtube.com/c/yaccmusic

Hahh!

Annnd missed the top 5 by one point, oh fudge :D haha! The reception, and a placement like this, for my single instance demonstration/experiment still continues to make my day, however, so thank you everyone! A big part of that is absolutely down to the sheer tweakability of Björn's synths, they are a great gift to the synth community. Congratulations everyone, the overall sound at the top was very polished and beautiful to listen to.

Yaeh, but you won by far in points per instance...

!

:lol:

+1 :lol:

Oh, one more thing ... I forgot to say ...

A "BIG BIG THANK YOU" to Bjorn for these synths.

The sound so takes me back to the days when my band had the MS-20! In those days it was rock 'n' roll, disco!!!, and even some blues with awesome harmonica and sax playing, mixed in with some good old ska. I was the FOH guy then, not good enough a musician to be allowed "on stage"!!! But it was fun making the guys sound good with limited equipment. Line up was, drummer, bass, lead and rhythm guitars (and Korg!), sax, lead vocalist (and harp player!), keyboards (Rhodes, of course), 3 backing vocals (with some lead duties). Most songs all our own originals. Some laid the foundations for the ska band, "The Toasters", when our lead guitarist left to manage the Forbidden Planet comic book store in NY and form the new band and record label MoonSka (got ripped off like many bands!). He was Rob "Bucket" Hingley (he's on Wikipedia!). A big influence of the Ska sound reaching the US of A!

Cheers,

dB

Congratz to the winners and all other participant. It was a joy again to take part. See you at the next compo.

Oh wow I got lucky enough to be 4th :hyper: ! Thanks to everyone who listened and commented, to all who participated and made quality tunes (seriously so many 5s) and congrats to the other top 4 people :) And of course Björn for the very fun synth :clap:
Taron wrote: purelygrey, I'm almost shocked that your track is under mine...totally exquisite stuff! :hail:
Likewise! Delighted to be right behind the master :tu:

hey congrats to everyone, really fun month, and a lot of variations in the styles represented. Very nice!

I have to say i'm pretty much incredibly humbled to finish where I did considering the musical quality of the submissions. You guys really inspire me to make better music, and that is what this is all about i suppose. maybe one day i'll figure out how to do so much wicked foley like Taron winding up the music box, but until then i'll keep at it.

congrats again to all of you guys.

Wow. It's an honor. I believe the best track was Guenon's true 'one synth' challenge this month. I'm pleased that people liked my attempt too. Major props to mmGhost, Taron, purelygrey, Yacc. You were my top pics this month as well. Can't wait to hear what everyone does next month.

Prize-time: I'll take Echorus (effect plugin).

jasinski wrote: ... Guenon's true 'one synth' challenge this month.
Maybe it should be "one one synth challenge"!!! :lol: :hihi:

dB

Maybe just like we sometimes have commercial fx or other special rules for the month, how about a month where it is one instance only?

Some decades ago I was much into one sample pieces.

https://soundcloud.com/ondes-memorielle ... -the-voice

A single sample and all sounds made out of it on Casio FZ-10m triggered by a Modual II program and recorded onto Fostex 8-track.
It was the voice of Diamanda Galas...

Congrats to all the winners, what an amazing round a once gain! Very hard to pick a favorite, although Guenon, Yacc and Taron would probably be at the top. I'm sure my FB-3200 or 3300 will see some use again at some point, they just sound too good.

I think the odd month with alternate rules would be healthy, but the only thing I would really like to see is a restriction in the FX allowed - compression and limiting on the master track only for example. However, if this just results in less people participating I don't think it should be done. Also, having to compensate for effects through layering and midi is just very tedious and time consuming, time being something I don't have a lot of these days.

prize time: Sonimus TuCo for me. can't wait to hear what it does to a drum bus.

Return to “Instruments”