Why do I have to keep logging in so often?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

nm

Nielzie wrote:It´s the goddamn cookie. Kill it. Delete it. Eat it.
Nope, I don't think so. I've replaced the cookies and the behavior continues. If it's the cookie, then it's how the site is using them and is something the site admin must fix. Deleting the cookies just makes the user have to log in again anyway. Delete or not, I still have to log in repeatedly. "Keep me logged in" does not work.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

OK, so I got enough of having to log in again. Pattern: it only happened on my Android mobile, not on regular PCs on which I use regular browsers such as Chrome. But Chrome sucks on my mobile, there I use Dolphin. So I figured it had to be the Dolphin browser causing this.

So I switched to Opera on Android: no problem since !!
Jace-BeOS wrote:I still have to log in repeatedly. "Keep me logged in" does not work.
What type of device, and which browser is this?
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Happened on both Android Chrome and iPhone Safari with me
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I'm using an iPad and iPhone with iOS 9.3.5. Safari only.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Happens to me on desktop firefox & deleting cookies does fix the problem for a while it seems

Lately my laptop seems to get thrown out every time I change IP (at least I think it's IP as it happens when directly jumping from one network to another, fast enough that session timeout can't be a problem)... and since this is a laptop that keeps moving from one network to another depending on my physical location, it happens quite a bit. It's really annoying.

edit: it seems that if I login on network A, change to network B (another IP), I have to login again, but if I then change back to network A within a short time, it still works.. which would seem to indicate that I can have two sessions open in the same browser?

Same annoying thing here. When it happens it's usually when i use a web-link from a KVR email.

It doesn't happen every time when i use a link like that, but when it happens it looks like i always used a email web-link right before i notice i'm logged out again. When i only make use of my Firefox bookmarks i never noticed it.

It just happened again: on one tab of my browser i'm visually still logged in (@ KVR Deals) and at another tab (opened from an email web-link: Voxengo Winter Holidays 2017-2018 Discount) i'm suddenly logged out.

Maybe it's coincidence, but when it happens this often (1-3 times a week) i more and more start to believe it is related to this annoying behaviour.

Does anyone experience the same thing?
I'm also wondering if there are people who never get logged out once they're logged in?

It would be nice if this could be fixed once and for all.

I just wasted over an hour typing out a thread and lost it when I tried to login, going back in the history didn't work. It's so annoying arrrg.... :x
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

I'm experiencing the same issue here, Firefox, Windows 10. Never used to have to login this often and now it's at least a few times a week.

Return to “Site Stuff”