2CAudio Breeze | 2.5 | Simple. Light. Pristine. Intelligently Adaptive.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Breeze

I guess i'll just wait for the official release before I try to use it again.

dang, want to get my hands on it so bad.

Ploki wrote:Anyone else has the issue of Breeze2 popping up where Breeze1 once was?
Ploki wrote:I guess i'll just wait for the official release before I try to use it again.

dang, want to get my hands on it so bad.
Is this in AU/Logic? Someone mentioned something about fixing permissions and reinstalling somewhere earlier in the thread.

Something to the effect 1st for the 1.0 installer:
1) Please go here: /Your System Disk/Library/Application Support/
2) Select the "2C-Audio/" folder
3) Press Apple-I on the keyboard to "Get Info"
4) Click on the Lock icon at the bottom of this window to make changes, and enter your admin password
5) Change ALL three user groups to Read & Write Access
6) Click on the "gear wheel icon" drop down menu on the bottom of the page, and select "Apply to Enclosed Items". Select Yes.
7) Run the installer again
8) Re-launch your host application
then repeat for the 2.0 installer.

we can not reproduce such issues on our machines, but try that and see if it helps.

Andrew Souter wrote:
timyork wrote:A longer pre-delay would be nice.
eg at 60bpm 16ths and 8ths are 250 and 500ms.
at 120bpm 16ths, 8ths and 1/4s are 125, 250, 500ms
Breeze2's max pre-delay is 256ms
Can it go up to 500ms?
& could pre-delay be optionally shown in 16ths, 8ths etc?

probably possible. we will think about it. :tu:

btw, we have up to 1000ms in B2. (but here can be useful bc we have two engines, and we may like to delay one significantly while the other is doing it's thing earlier in time...)

but in general I have found the most useful range to be under 100ms in most cases.

the only real desire for longer times is to have tempo synched slap-back stuff. So I think if we keep 0/1 to 256 as the main range, and simply add note-tempo-based options (which can achieve longer times), this would be sufficient, agree?

i mean does anyone really want to enter 637.314ms for example?? 1/8, 1/4 note etc would be enough, yes?
Absolutely - 1/8, 1/4 etc would be preferable to reaching for the 'bpm to ms' chart..

Loving the 'randomise algorithm' button and the customisable color schemes.

Andrew Souter wrote: Is this in AU/Logic? Someone mentioned something about fixing permissions and reinstalling somewhere earlier in the thread.
Thank you very, I'll give it a go!

So eager to play with it.

Also (while I'm here) I'm sure there's a flag in there somewhere that enables drawing @2x resolution, you have most assets for your plugins @2x anyway! why not make us retina users happy :pray:

there are 10 different GUI sizes. 720px wide all the way to 3840px wide (full screen 4K) . :wink:

Andrew Souter wrote:there are 10 different GUI sizes. 720px wide all the way to 3840px wide (full screen 4K) . :wink:
yeah I know, you can resize it, but you cant use 4K size sources and shrink it to normal.
Here's a mockup of what i want to achieve:
https://imgur.com/a/vyHsF

first pic is using indigo, second is using indigo HD but scaling it down twice.
On retina display, the second image looks as sharp as everything else (logic in this case), but on the first image, each Aether pixel takes four pixels on my screen.

Since you have all the assets already "retina ready", you should just have a setting that enabled HiDPI/"retina" mode and draws GUI at 2X resolution.

Andrew Souter wrote:
XComposer wrote:Dear Andrew, I have just sent a message to your store support to understand better which preset expansions are included in my last purchase and which will be the best way for me to purchase all the possible expansions (I thought it was clear for me, but I am no more sure).

B2, Aether and Breeze 2 are absolutely my favorite reverbs! And I have really many of them…
Can't wait to try the full Breeze 2 package with all the expansions!
If you have Perfect Storm 2.5 (as you do) or equivalent (Aether, B2, Breeze 1 and all associated preset expansions), and you order Breeze 2.0 during the Pre-Release (before Feb 1, 2018), as you did, you will be given all the new Breeze 2 expansions at no additional cost.

So you are already good to go. :tu:

If you are looking for even more, get Kaleidoscope. This is a whole other universe to explore. Kaleidoscope is rather cult-like though: you are either a true believer or you are not. :D It's not as universal as Breeze for example. I doubt we will sell Kaleidoscope to a country music artist or etc. whereas for Breeze 2, i could legitimately say that 100% of the 100K or more attendees who go to NAMM this week could benefit from Breeze 2. That's not true for Kaleidoscope. Kaleidoscope is a sound-design, scoring, composing, creative electronic music tool. If you do this kind of work, it's absolutely invaluable. If not, it may seem esoteric.

I'm just still tweaking this "light Mode GUI" stuff, which is tricky to make look good when color is a moving target bc of the color preferences. That is holding up posting 2.0.2, and you need 2.0.2 to use the new presets bc it has a new feature and many of the presets use this feature.

So it might be one more day for 2.0.2, or late in the night tonight still...

Thank you for your answer. Excellent! :D

Yes, I am in contemporary classical music (think to Berio, George Benjamin, Castiglioni, Grisey, Nordheim or Risset and you'll have an idea), often with electronics, so very experimental. I know Kaleidoscope quite well and I confess that I have been tempted to buy it many times. I have and use regularly some softwares that are somehow distantly related to Kaleidoscope (Sonic Photo by Skytopia used with its "harmony quantization" resonators, Metasynth, Photosounder, some resonator filter banks, etc…). Maybe – hopefully –, when I will have the right budget…!

As for the predelay feature: please remember to keep also the present option to set a predelay just in ms (and not 1/16, 1/8 or the like) for those like me who never, never use regular periodic rhythms, bars and regular periodic beats… :)

Here's a really heavy amount of Breeze 2 on a Mother 32 track. I'm just doodling live via external keyboard to the M32. Just one mono track. I used Replika as the delay and played off the delay a bit. No editing, no post processing. just recorded on the fly. But, thought it was an interesting example of Breeze 2 in context.

https://soundcloud.com/jmcecil/doodle-1
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Take a look at Meldaproduction for integration of sync hosting pre delay. It’s an integrated calculator, so you can use ms or let the plugin calculate 1/64 for example and don’t forget dotted and tripled.

Andrew Souter wrote:
axb312 wrote:Is there a way to separate out the early and late reflections in Breeze? Say I want to use this for late reflections only?
not exactly. not like in Aether for example, where we have two completely separate engines with level controls for both.

but there are ways to "minimize the perception of the ERs so much that the result is effectively quite similar to diffuse LR-engery-only".

the ways are:

1: use Hall, Chamber, or Colored (if coloration is acceptable/desirable) Alg Modes
2: set Density to "far away from 0" such as -100% or +100%
3: set Contour to a "medium negative value" such as -25% to -75%
4: Use high diffusion
5: avoid huge sizes

Chamber in particular is incredibly dense and will hide the perception of any isolated reflections quite well, unless you intentionally try to create them (which can actually be cool also).

or for "plate-like" things:

1: use one of the Hyper-Plate modes
2: set Density to "far away from 0" such as -100% or +100%
3: set Contour to a "medium positive value" such as 25% to 75%
4: keep size small to medium (say 20m or less)
5: try negative shape values
6: Use high diffusion

this will produce an instant full density, dispersive impulse response, with almost perfect exponential decay. i.e. like an ideal plate. There is basically nothing in it that can really be considered "ERs".
Hi Andrew,

1. Are the colors displayed on the time graph related to those in the EQ graph?

2. Is this an effective alternative way to obtain late reflections only (maybe it's the same thing you're saying, phrased differently), based on the the time graph?:
- Lower the amplitude of the reflections (can this be done by reducing size or...?)
- increase diffusion (create a sense of all the reverb tails meshing together)...
- Significantly larger pre-delay than that used for the early reflections...(might need significantly larger pre-delay times for this)...
- small size

3. Will the addition of a third eq band be possible? (And perhaps a smoother GUI Ala Pro-Q2) ?

XComposer wrote:
Andrew Souter wrote:
XComposer wrote:Dear Andrew, I have just sent a message to your store support to understand better which preset expansions are included in my last purchase and which will be the best way for me to purchase all the possible expansions (I thought it was clear for me, but I am no more sure).

B2, Aether and Breeze 2 are absolutely my favorite reverbs! And I have really many of them…
Can't wait to try the full Breeze 2 package with all the expansions!
If you have Perfect Storm 2.5 (as you do) or equivalent (Aether, B2, Breeze 1 and all associated preset expansions), and you order Breeze 2.0 during the Pre-Release (before Feb 1, 2018), as you did, you will be given all the new Breeze 2 expansions at no additional cost.

So you are already good to go. :tu:

If you are looking for even more, get Kaleidoscope. This is a whole other universe to explore. Kaleidoscope is rather cult-like though: you are either a true believer or you are not. :D It's not as universal as Breeze for example. I doubt we will sell Kaleidoscope to a country music artist or etc. whereas for Breeze 2, i could legitimately say that 100% of the 100K or more attendees who go to NAMM this week could benefit from Breeze 2. That's not true for Kaleidoscope. Kaleidoscope is a sound-design, scoring, composing, creative electronic music tool. If you do this kind of work, it's absolutely invaluable. If not, it may seem esoteric.

I'm just still tweaking this "light Mode GUI" stuff, which is tricky to make look good when color is a moving target bc of the color preferences. That is holding up posting 2.0.2, and you need 2.0.2 to use the new presets bc it has a new feature and many of the presets use this feature.

So it might be one more day for 2.0.2, or late in the night tonight still...

Thank you for your answer. Excellent! :D

Yes, I am in contemporary classical music (think to Berio, George Benjamin, Castiglioni, Grisey, Nordheim or Risset and you'll have an idea), often with electronics, so very experimental.
Hey cool to see a fellow Berio admirer, not often mentioned around these parts. An astonishingly inventive composer and pioneer of electronic music, and I love his appreciation of the voice.

aMUSEd wrote: Hey cool to see a fellow Berio admirer, not often mentioned around these parts. An astonishingly inventive composer and pioneer of electronic music, and I love his appreciation of the voice.
How true. He has been one of my main reference masters since when I was a young student here in Italy (mainly with Messiaen, Castiglioni and Lutoslawski, though I was also studying many others, of course: Donatoni, Ligeti, Boulez, Xenakis, Maderna, Stockhausen, Grisey…).

Happy to meet a fellow Berio admirer. :)

Just wanted to chime in that the 32-bit version seems to work in Windows 7 64-bit, even though it's not officially supported. Though I haven't done any kind of "stress testing" with it, I'm pleasantly surprised so far.
A well-behaved signature.

Ploki wrote:
Andrew Souter wrote:there are 10 different GUI sizes. 720px wide all the way to 3840px wide (full screen 4K) . :wink:
yeah I know, you can resize it, but you cant use 4K size sources and shrink it to normal.
Here's a mockup of what i want to achieve:
https://imgur.com/a/vyHsF

first pic is using indigo, second is using indigo HD but scaling it down twice.
On retina display, the second image looks as sharp as everything else (logic in this case), but on the first image, each Aether pixel takes four pixels on my screen.

Since you have all the assets already "retina ready", you should just have a setting that enabled HiDPI/"retina" mode and draws GUI at 2X resolution.

we will look into this. Note don't actually have any "assets'. Our download file is 5MB or something. If we had any kind of pre-rendered images for 10 sizes with some HUGE sizes, the download would easily be > 1GB just from images.

We drawn our GUI completely "with code" now. So we can perfectly drawn any size we might like.

For retina, Apple rather makes it a PITA. Really we should just be able to say "here's a box. here's the size of the box in pixels. draw the gui this size." and for Retina, this "box" should simply be 2x the size of nonRetina. Simple. Just let us draw pixels directly!!

But Apple does not make it so simple. They have some "pixel abstraction stuff" going on. I don't personally have a retina mac to test on, and but Denis and I (and a bunch of other developers) don't really like this "abstraction of pixel values". I assume this stuff came from iOS where people are pinch-zooming baby picts etc all day long. :D

anway, we will figure it out, but I thought I'd complain first. :D

Return to “Effects”