Arturia Rackbrute - (6U & 3U eurorack)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AnX wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:
AnX wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:and how well thought out the "link" system is.
Its just a joining bracket....
For sure, but show me the other Euro mountable systems? It's a simple idea implemented very well. I've seen collapsible boats, but they are expensive and self contained.

Well, its a gimmick. You would place a small rack on your desk just behind your kybd...not much diff....apart from a carry handle.
It's a gimmick I like.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

AnX wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:
AnX wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:and how well thought out the "link" system is.
Its just a joining bracket....
For sure, but show me the other Euro mountable systems? It's a simple idea implemented very well. I've seen collapsible boats, but they are expensive and self contained.

Well, its a gimmick. You would place a small rack on your desk just behind your kybd...not much diff....apart from a carry handle.

which is pretty cool if youre going to be gigging/jamming out and about.

admittedly not as great for home use only.

It just folds over tho, its not exactly safe. Its not in a case.

vurt wrote: which is pretty cool if youre going to be gigging/jamming out and about.
odd, I don't see it that way. I have tons of modular gear and one off bits, but it's a PITA to always come up with some tiering/stacking system. So to me, having a 2S with the 6U vertical is ideal. Especially since you can rotate the angle. I'm not claiming it is rocket surgery or brain science. Just convenient.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

I can't say I like those orange plastic spacers. A locking hinge have been more aesthetically pleasing.

SJ_Digriz wrote:
vurt wrote: which is pretty cool if youre going to be gigging/jamming out and about.
odd, I don't see it that way. I have tons of modular gear and one off bits, but it's a PITA to always come up with some tiering/stacking system. So to me, having a 2S with the 6U vertical is ideal. Especially since you can rotate the angle. I'm not claiming it is rocket surgery or brain science. Just convenient.

sorry, i kinda specifically meant the handle :)

AnX wrote:It just folds over tho, its not exactly safe. Its not in a case.

yeah, im not talking touring.
just fold it up, back of the car nip round a mates :lol:

im just saying, its a little more than a gimmick, i can see a use for it :)

I use a Company of Quail stand for my Elektron boxes, whose design is similar to the Link stand. It's very sturdy but when I need to carry it, I still put it in a pelican case. That stand is all milled aluminum, no plastic. The Link looks like a nicely integrated stand but I wouldn't carry a fully loaded system by that handle.
The stand I use for my Shared System is one of these. :lol: It's high enough that I can put another portable rack or a controller/sequencer in front, without covering the front of the synth. Even if the Link costs a bit more than my POS guitar stand, it will be a good deal, since it's all nicely integrated.

I would like to know more about the power distribution. What kind of power brick do they plan to include?

They seem very pricey for what they are. The 3U version is going to be $399 Aus. I was sizing up a TipTop Audio Happy Ending case, which is almost the same size, comes with a similar power module but costs $150 less. Think I'll stick with that idea :wink:

Unless you are buying into the whole 'Brute' thing I don't think the Rackbrutes are going to be very popular given the pricing. There are obviously no lack of Eurorack cases out there. So beyond the Link thing & the nice wooden side panels they don't seem to offer much at all.

Dogboy73 wrote:They seem very pricey for what they are. The 3U version is going to be $399 Aus. I was sizing up a TipTop Audio Happy Ending case, which is almost the same size, comes with a similar power module but costs $150 less. Think I'll stick with that idea :wink:

Unless you are buying into the whole 'Brute' thing I don't think the Rackbrutes are going to be very popular given the pricing. There are obviously no lack of Eurorack cases out there. So beyond the Link thing & the nice wooden side panels they don't seem to offer much at all.
The Happy Ending kit isn't a case. It's a pair of rails and a pair of rack ears that *can* be used as a tabletop stand, with an open back. The uZeus PSU and it's flying bus cable are just about the cheapest, most problem prone power solution available. Nothing against TipTop Audio, they make some fine instruments and infact, I own the rails and rack ears part of the Happy Ending kit. But it's mounted in a 19" rack, with a linear PSU and noise filtering bus boards. Power is one of the most important aspects of even a small modular system. I learned that lesson, real quick. :cry: :dog:

It's an apples and oranges comparison in a number of ways. The Rack Brute is an actual enclosure and it looks pretty sturdy. It looks to have decent power distribution but relies on a switching PSU, like the uZeus. You get a few extra HP from the Rack Brute. For $259 USD, the 3u version seems like a great way to get started.

That said, you can get a 104HP Make Noise powered skiff, for about the same price. I bought one of those recently and would probably do it again. I'm not sure if they are available in Australia, though.

Okay, so in 2018 we're getting a rack with screwable handle advertised as new technology :roll:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

There's quite a lot of room in the Euro market for affordable cases. I see this as a good thing, even if the specifics turn out to not meet my needs (yet... if this takes off someone will undoubtedly make a 9U case.

To make room for a Minibrute 2 I'd going to have to do something different with my cases. My desk is only about 24" deep, my rack stand takes up 14" front to back, and the MB2 seems to be about 13". I kind of don't want to get rid of the Mantis though. Bleh.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”