Predictions for 2018 DAW Market

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

original flipper wrote:I would love to see XTV3 jump out of oblivion...
Can't seem to find a DAW with that name?

Anyone heard anything about a free offer for Waveform? Or is that a train that passed with the advent of T7?

kevinwayne wrote:Anyone heard anything about a free offer for Waveform? Or is that a train that passed with the advent of T7?
Right now there is a public beta going on for Waveform 9; valid until the end of January. When Waveform 9 is released for sale, it is possible that T7 will become free to own and download (that's been the trend with the folks from Tracktion anyway: make free the version of the DAW that is two major versions behind the latest major version).
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

T6 didn't become free immediately after Waveform 8 is released. It took a few months. I'm guessing the same with T7 and W9.

shidostrife wrote:T6 didn't become free immediately after Waveform 8 is released. It took a few months. I'm guessing the same with T7 and W9.
Yes, that timeframe sounds about right.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Last time I looked, the fonts were a bit small and it wasn't scalable. Has that changed?

kevinwayne wrote:
original flipper wrote:I would love to see XTV3 jump out of oblivion...
Can't seem to find a DAW with that name?
Most likely Energy XT version 3. It's a modular DAW, so a bit like MuLab but in my mind rather outdated now and Jörgen (the dev) is doping other things nowadays as far as I know. Still, I really liked it very much when it was more current.

I believe the current version is 2.6 or thereabouts.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

It will be interesting to see if Steinberg have held anything big back for 'Cubase 10' (not that I can think of anything that Cubase is missing!). I don't know why but I expect '10' releases to be a big deal (Although Live 10 was a bit of a disappointment to me).

Bitwig continues to intrigue me and I love what those mad wigs are doing, I am probably looking forward to the Bitwig releases more than any other in 2018 as they seem tpo be very inventive and not adverse to taking a risk.

I realy dont see where Reason is going, but I wish the Props well and have fond memories of their early stuff. Still wish they would just release the Reason rack as a VST plug in....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Deefex wrote:Cubase 10 or Cubase X is going to be really sweet. I hope they call it that, Cubase X, Lol
Be careful what you wish for. I think Cakewalk calling SONAR X instead of SONAR 10 is what doomed them to their eventual fate. DAWs are about numbers, not letters. Once you abandon that all is lost. (satire font)

Speaking of a new version of Magix Acid, does anyone remember the old ad campaign for it featuring Gibby Haynes from the Butthole Surfers? Probably back in the Sonic Foundry days.

Ableton fanboys come up with new version of fancy posts like if Beatles used Ableton they would have been more successful etc, etc.

Logic will release v11 and all other DAWs will go up in smoke 8)
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

I think Presonus, Steinberg, Propellerhead etc need to worry when Native Instruments get Maschine up to par with the sequencer on top of that add komplete kontrol and various pieces of hardware that integrate with it. It's a wrap.

Fruity Loops already 20 years, right?
To mark the anniversary, surely won't be released past the first quarter of 2018?

Deefex wrote:that's crazy that FL Studio is gonna go straight to version 20 just because they can. They should just make it version 15 if they're are being superstitious. Kinda stupid if you ask me. But I think we're probably going to see big things from Steinberg and Propellerheads this year. Cubase 10 or Cubase X is going to be really sweet. I hope they call it that, Cubase X, Lol
Don't worry. They'll do rest of the skipped numbers after that.
No signature here!

Izotope are going to offer a DAW that is integrated with cut-down versions of all of their products, both instruments and audio tools, that can be upgraded or unlocked. They are certainly in the technical and creative position to do so. It will be abandoned after v.2 and then perpetually on sale at various prices in perpetuity.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”