ABu is nearly half-tone above scale

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:cry: I am sorry to bother you with a total pain-in-the-a... question but ABU ample sound is still not tuned, even using 2 tuner features (which is strange indeed because half tone tuning above should help a bit but it doesn't).
I have checked with :
-Kontakt tuner
-ReAper tuner
-melodyne
It's nearly half tone too high in peak . Actually, on tuners,the first hit show a correct note? c or d or whatever, but immediately the note flies away and reaches +0.4 above the scale. I know upright bass strings have a large amplitude but it's too much.
Thank you for your efforts to solve this.

Etienne

Which notes are not in tune? or all of notes?

The notes I wanted to use. Did you try tuners like the ones mentionned above?
It's pity because, you get a really good sound, besides. Also, since the sample starts tune, I suppose by now it's quite ok to use ABU for relative fast pieces of music (like rock, etc..). And I admit you did not pretend to offer an upright bass for classical piece and related music like folk, etc. Well, I don't know. Hope you can work out something ; maybe insert a tuner in your GIU, and allow fine tuning?

Yours.
Etienne

Hi Etienne,

Which are the notes "you wanted to use" that are not tuned? Could you please send an audio sample to service@amplesound.net, so we can evaluate it?

Thank you very much,
Eli

Hello Eli
Sorry I made a mistake : one of the tuner I used is Guitar Rig, not Kontakt, of course.
I prefer to send you a licecap (attached to MP). You can open it with "liceap" app or any browser (at least IE).
It shows rea tuner when ABU is played ; Sorry if it goes quick but Licecap files become quickly heavy.
It's an A and the note sounds nearly a quarter of tone too high, as you can check watching Reaper rea tuner plugin.

Nevertheless some floating notes are normal at this height of an upright bass neck.

On the other end, I kept investigating and noticed notes played down the neck are mostly tuned (even a bit too low sometimes, but not much, and it's fairly natural with many basses). The question seems to be why instead of, say G played on empty 4thst string, ABU seems to prefer to play this G on D 5th fret, this inspite of having checked open string first.

If you have a whole line played like that, it's a wreck.

Thank for attention.

We tested the note A2 (12th fret on A string) you pointed in the mail, we used the Tuner in Cubase and the most professional tuner on the world - Melodyne, the note is in turn.

Cubase Tuner
123.jpg
Melodyne
234.jpg
>>G played on empty 4thst string, ABU seems to prefer to play D 5th fret
You can easily control the positions or strings with keyswitches A#0 (capo force) and E6 - G6 (String force)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ok, tonight I tried again and I got perfect tuning with melodyne , using only one track in a project.
But usind one track extracted from a projet with many tracks (Reaper terminology, sorry, that's the only Daw I know) , a G went wrong. I send you a screen copy to the same email address.

Thanks for your professionnalism!
Etienne

Return to “Ample Sound”