Is it time for a post-modern interpretation of nineties music?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Pantytec had to be the best thing to come out of ableton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In0UjwacSDw

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
wagtunes wrote:I mean when was the last time you heard a piece of music and said to yourself "Wow, I've never heard anything like that before."
Autechre
Funkstoerung
AFX
Squarepusher
Richard Devine

With modern ears they dont sound new but when they were released they most certainly were

In fact you should check out Richard Devine's modular stuff to realise how noobish your Softube Modular patch packs are
Ah yes, just can't resist getting in the digs even when I've hardly had anything to say in a thread.

Touche.

But yeah, I will check his stuff out because I'm always eager to hear stuff made by "talented" people.

Looking back at it... pantytec was the end... After that... music became all pre programmed, computer generated, virtually conceived dribble. People stopped playing music and turned it over to the hive mind computer collective. Pantytec might have been the end of days for music... Chicago did keep it going though... Paul Johnson absolutely does it from time to time... have no idea how he keeps doing it. It's inside him. That's how you know. He may get tired from time to time, but the very next day... BAM!

Dasheesh wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:
wagtunes wrote:I mean when was the last time you heard a piece of music and said to yourself "Wow, I've never heard anything like that before."
Autechre
Funkstoerung
AFX
Squarepusher
Richard Devine

With modern ears they dont sound new but when they were released they most certainly were

In fact you should check out Richard Devine's modular stuff to realise how noobish your Softube Modular patch packs are
I love all that, and own vinyls , yes vinyls, of them all.... but devine and kid 606 reached peak long time ago and never did anything more then make noises. They stopped writing songs (both did very early on).
Depends on your definition of 'song', which for me would contain vocalised lyrics. I invite you to look upnthe definition.

Your comment makes no sense in the context of this discussion though

Congrats on owning vinyls
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Autechre
Funkstoerung
AFX
Squarepusher
Richard Devine

I love all that, and own vinyls , yes vinyls, of them all.... but devine and kid 606 reached peak long time ago and never did anything more then make noises. They stopped writing songs (both did very early on).
Depends on your definition of 'song', which for me would contain vocalised lyrics. I invite you to look upnthe definition.

Your comment makes no sense in the context of this discussion though

Congrats on owning vinyls

instruments sing in the hands of a practiced player baby.

I didn't mean baby in a bad way if you are outside the US... I see how that could be misconstrued. It was a good thing. I'm relating with you.

progtronic wrote:Image
Sorry I didn't stay within your boundaries. Exactly how long was I supposed to do that?

Totally wasn't directed at you.. but pretty much the entire thread.

I take partial responsibility.. :tu:

progtronic wrote:Totally wasn't directed at you.. but pretty much the entire thread.

I take partial responsibility.. :tu:

Not personal, I'm drunk, as usual. Just got sucked in tonight. Bring the fire. :party: :band:

Friday Night Lights ya'll!!!

So, for Friday nights lesson in 90's, we have to go strait for the kill right?

This is what I had in my CD Walkman walking around the streets as a young'n. Most of this was done on E-MU sampler boards. This album has been smashed together by some youtuber who "discovered" it, but I'm grateful he or she did, because it's a classic that's hard to find. You other 90's people need to jump in here. Don't leave me to the millennial wolves LoL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmpUr-IW_Sk

and I fully expect it to be deleted like a prince album so pay attention.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Was a metalheads fan, when the chicks ran it, until it was handed over to goldie. I saw goldie do a 2-3 hour set at a small club one time. I saw about half of it and walked out. He is the one that brought the two step to D&B. Puck the 2 step forevah...........murdered Metalheads.

egbert101 wrote:So everyone and their mother should know the Drum & Bass classic Timeless by now, to me anyway, never heard a better D&B album.
roni size?

The two step murdered D&B, then Murdered DUB, then Murdered techno. Stay away from the two step. It's a lazy man's game.

Return to “Instruments”