Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
ghettosynth
KVRAF
 
10602 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:54 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Fleer wrote:We did, GS, we did :)


LOL! Well, what can I say, maybe I'll give you a slightly longer break next time. No promises though!
User avatar
Fleer
KVRAF
 
3292 posts since 22 Aug, 2014, from Boston/Cambridge

Postby Fleer; Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:42 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

We need you here, man :tu:
Tappistry
KVRist
 
461 posts since 2 Aug, 2017, from San Diego, CA

Postby Tappistry; Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:19 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Been trying to get ahold of Plugin Boutique for a while. Every time I log on during their business hours, they're never online for chat. They've ignored a number of emails for an academic discount request for some unknown reason that they won't share. If they're going to deny it, I'd just like to know why, at least.

Anyone else having problems with them recently?
User avatar
dandezebra
KVRist
 
418 posts since 21 Dec, 2013, from USA

Postby dandezebra; Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:51 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Tappistry wrote:Been trying to get ahold of Plugin Boutique for a while. Every time I log on during their business hours, they're never online for chat. They've ignored a number of emails for an academic discount request for some unknown reason that they won't share. If they're going to deny it, I'd just like to know why, at least.

Anyone else having problems with them recently?


I had a couple of small issues over the holidays but they were eventually resolved. It did take them a few days to respond to some of my E-mails though.
User avatar
dandezebra
KVRist
 
418 posts since 21 Dec, 2013, from USA

Postby dandezebra; Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:51 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Double post
Last edited by dandezebra on Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
telecharge
KVRist
 
377 posts since 22 Feb, 2014

Postby telecharge; Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:58 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Decided to go for the DB-33 since I had a few funbux from my holiday shenanigans. I know some of you have gone cold turkey, but I couldn't resist at less than $6 USD. :borg:
User avatar
soundbylaura
KVRian
 
539 posts since 13 Nov, 2014, from Atlanta, GA

Postby soundbylaura; Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:31 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

As noted in the KVR sidebar, Auburn Sounds has added AAX support for a couple of plugs, and they offer free versions:

https://www.kvraudio.com/news/auburn-so ... v1-3-39971
Don't let me buy any more ethnic winds.
kitekrazy
KVRist
 
213 posts since 26 Oct, 2002

Postby kitekrazy; Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:34 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Once again IK gives the middle finger to those with gear credits. TRacks 5 deal for $99 from IK site but $149 for those with gear credits via Custom Shop.
User avatar
telecharge
KVRist
 
377 posts since 22 Feb, 2014

Postby telecharge; Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:17 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

kitekrazy wrote:Once again IK gives the middle finger to those with gear credits. TRacks 5 deal for $99 from IK site but $149 for those with gear credits via Custom Shop.


Yeah, I'm waiting for that or a $99 Syntronik crossgrade to come to the CS. After that, I'm done with Jam Points and Gear Credits.
HM
KVRist
 
348 posts since 13 Aug, 2001, from DK

Postby HM; Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:25 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

telecharge wrote:
kitekrazy wrote:Once again IK gives the middle finger to those with gear credits. TRacks 5 deal for $99 from IK site but $149 for those with gear credits via Custom Shop.


Yeah, I'm waiting for that or a $99 Syntronik crossgrade to come to the CS. After that, I'm done with Jam Points and Gear Credits.


Yes, they dead-end loyal customers, giving more or less useless and fuggy "gifts", and all this plus the "Custom-Concept", sums up to a be all a big cluttered mess,... almost some Kafka-procces

I am sick and tired as well, its like they try to create there own little world, their own little micro-
economy, I guess the next thing will be there own valuta, currency-exchange plug-in, and the possibility to bye diverse options, credits, points, and codes, for that also

Charging money also for what you already paid once, if you didn't download before a certain date they did

Last thing was Sample Tank 3 ,.. what a disappointment after waiting all these years

To be honest I use the free Xpand!2 from AIR more than I use Sampler Tank 3

More or less the same with the rest of it, wonder how many still uses the Tracks f.eks.
HM
kitekrazy
KVRist
 
213 posts since 26 Oct, 2002

Postby kitekrazy; Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:25 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

HM wrote:
telecharge wrote:
kitekrazy wrote:Once again IK gives the middle finger to those with gear credits. TRacks 5 deal for $99 from IK site but $149 for those with gear credits via Custom Shop.


Yeah, I'm waiting for that or a $99 Syntronik crossgrade to come to the CS. After that, I'm done with Jam Points and Gear Credits.


Yes, they dead-end loyal customers, giving more or less useless and fuggy "gifts", and all this plus the "Custom-Concept", sums up to a be all a big cluttered mess,... almost some Kafka-procces

I am sick and tired as well, its like they try to create there own little world, their own little micro-
economy, I guess the next thing will be there own valuta, currency-exchange plug-in, and the possibility to bye diverse options, credits, points, and codes, for that also

Charging money also for what you already paid once, if you didn't download before a certain date they did

Last thing was Sample Tank 3 ,.. what a disappointment after waiting all these years

To be honest I use the free Xpand!2 from AIR more than I use Sampler Tank 3

More or less the same with the rest of it, wonder how many still uses the Tracks f.eks.


Meanwhile Waves is aggressive in getting you to buy their stuff. With new releases they will offer them for $29. I've bought a plugin or two just about every month with the Plugin Alliance vouchers. If you buy IK Total Max you get the TRack 4 plugins. The management at IK is quite stingy with new products. I don't get that at all. Yeah they give away stuff but their odd policies are turning people off in an over saturated market.
cprompt
KVRian
 
585 posts since 17 Nov, 2010, from UK

Postby cprompt; Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:26 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

telecharge wrote:I'm done with Jam Points and Gear Credits.

I've got about €80 of jampoints but the crazy thing is, even with 30% off the price in jampoints, add the VAT on and convert from € to £ and it's still cheaper to buy full price from, say, JRR in $ :(
User avatar
Fleer
KVRAF
 
3292 posts since 22 Aug, 2014, from Boston/Cambridge

Postby Fleer; Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:09 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Same here. Over 300 JamPoints collecting dust.
User avatar
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF
 
7330 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Postby VariKusBrainZ; Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:12 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Me too, dont touch IK anymore and you couldnt coax me with any amount of discount
User avatar
dandezebra
KVRist
 
418 posts since 21 Dec, 2013, from USA

Postby dandezebra; Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:20 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

In 6+ years I think I have used jam points maybe once or twice... Funny thing is that the most used stuff of IK's that I own is Amplitube and the old Syntronic, sampletron, and samplemoog.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)