List of interesting synths for screeching bass

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lately I am kinda falling deep into the world of bass music
Specially classic rusko and excision music
So just waiting on some synths which ............
You all know what I am going to ask
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Never heard of screeching bass before :?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Rusko surpirsingly uses (at least used) Albino for this kind of stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCfn8P2kBXM

But typically the "brostep" sound is associated with Serum and Massive. Basically the stock presets in Serum cover all kinds of sounds you need for this genre.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Like as in the Massive scream filter?

Thorn also has a scream modifier on the oscillators.

recursive one wrote:Rusko surpirsingly uses (at least used) Albino for this kind of stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCfn8P2kBXM

But typically the "brostep" sound is associated with Serum and Massive. Basically the stock presets in Serum cover all kinds of sounds you need for this genre.
Ok as far as I know albino is made by linplug instruments which I think got recently out of business
So is there any other Synth like that
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Massive + iZotope Trash/FF Saturn
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

is bass supposed to be screeching? i think you are confusing layered screeching sounds with bass and bass.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

That Rusko video is very informative. There are three features of Albino he is using: stacking rich wavetable oscillators with deep sub, modulating filter with LFO, switching between tempo-sync LFO rates. So your shopping list is: 1. At least three oscillators including rich digital ones 2. Tempo-syncing assignable LFO.

That's basically every "hybrid" digital/subtractive synth. ES2 in Logic has these features if I remember correctly. Hybrid3 can do this. Massive is pretty much ideal for wobble bass sounds as you can use the MSEG for more complex patterns. Serum is aimed at this type of thing. Thorn has some more modern features like nice filter saturation.

Return to “Instruments”