Anyone else put off by the upgrade prices to Ozone?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm still wondering how much the underlying technology / algorithms have changed / improved from, say Ozone 5 to Ozone 8 (EQ, Dynamics, Limiter, Exciter, Imager etc). Or from Alloy 2 to Neutron 2 (EQ, Transient, Exciter, Dynamics, Limiter etc).

Not the newly-added features, but the old ones ("Legacy"?, "Vintage"?).
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

soulone82 wrote:
mrj1nx wrote: So I came up with something the community could do to counter the flood of marketing emails. What they're basically doing is slowly lowering their price until they catch everyone at some price point. We could send them support emails with bids for the upgrade to O8N2 or the new bundle. Every day, send them an email with "Don't miss out on this great bid! Hurry up!" "I bid Z$ to upgrade from X to Y, hurry up, the bid is only valid for 24 hours! " And then later a new email "Don't drop the ball!" and so forth... It would obviously only be funny if a lot of people did it so probably not gonna happen.
:D :D :D

I´d love that!
That is probably the best and most funny thing I have read ever regarding the subject of iZotope... where do I sign up?

So what, does this mean that the ON bundle is going to be like a $400/yr subscription or something (in practice, if not explicitly)?

I'm considering purchasing O8N2 used from a friend, but this thread is causing me to second guess that consideration.

The only things I'm really interested in are the Tonal Balance Control and a couple of new modes in the Maximizer. It doesn't seem like enough to 'upgrade' from Music Production Bundle 2 which I already sunk considerable money into.

The question iZo should be wondering is.. how much is someone like me, who already owns Neutron Advanced and Ozone 7 Advanced, willing to pay to upgrade? I think for me personally the magic number would be in the double digits, not triple.

Okay, here comes the minorities‘ report:
I‘m more than happy that I upgraded to O8N2.
It has simplified my mixing and mastering pretty much.
And (because I am a bad mixer) it makes my tracks better than ever.
Compared with sending them to professional services it‘s a real bargain for guys like me (producing several albums a year with relatively small economic market impact).

No way to upgrade ! I will keep my ozone 5 and neutron 1 !
Their prices are too puch expensive.

I use an old Ozon bundle 2 when buying SoundForge (9 Pro, if I'm not mistaken). it

Mastering EQ
Mastering Exciter
Mastering Imager
Mastering Limiter
Mastering Reverb
Multi-Band Compressor

I use them for many years at work and at home. That's enough for me.

Recently I received for $ 32 SoundForge Audio 12 and Ozon Elements 8.

I do not sell my music, this is for me a pleasant pastime. Therefore, I do not see any reason to buy upgrades.

For me, ideas are more important than technology. You can buy hundreds of plug-ins. But if there are no good ideas, they will not help.

DarkStar wrote:I'm still wondering how much the underlying technology / algorithms have changed / improved from, say Ozone 5 to Ozone 8 (EQ, Dynamics, Limiter, Exciter, Imager etc). Or from Alloy 2 to Neutron 2 (EQ, Transient, Exciter, Dynamics, Limiter etc).

Not the newly-added features, but the old ones ("Legacy"?, "Vintage"?).
I haven't been that impressed with Ozone 7 - I upgraded to the Music Production Bundle last year due to a good offer, but to be honest, I am a bit underwhelmed. None of the plugins in Ozone 7 seemed to be much different if at all to what I had in Version 6.

Plugins are good, but I've held off upgrading to Version 8. I don't feel like there is much on offer by upgrading, and the price for me to upgrade the Music Production Bundle is not cheap.

Just my opinion.

Demo'ing O8A... I need this Tonal Balance Control (was afraid this would happen!). Because I don't have a full-range monitoring system, subwoofer or a treated room, this tool takes a lot of the guesswork out of my master bus decisions.

Forgetting bundles, the straight 07A to 08A upgrade is $169 at a retailer... despite my grumbles I think I may have to cave in on this one. Damn you iZotope :)

MogwaiBoy wrote:Demo'ing O8A... I need this Tonal Balance Control (was afraid this would happen!). Because I don't have a full-range monitoring system, subwoofer or a treated room, this tool takes a lot of the guesswork out of my master bus decisions.

Forgetting bundles, the straight 07A to 08A upgrade is $169 at a retailer... despite my grumbles I think I may have to cave in on this one. Damn you iZotope :)
Damn you, MogwaiBoy - you had to go and post this! Now this Tonal Balance Control is definitely something I'd use too, likewise not having a treated room either.

Bummer, now it looks like I'll have to upgrade as well. Damn you iZotope. Damn you MogwaiBoy :D

ozmuso67 wrote:
MogwaiBoy wrote:Demo'ing O8A... I need this Tonal Balance Control (was afraid this would happen!). Because I don't have a full-range monitoring system, subwoofer or a treated room, this tool takes a lot of the guesswork out of my master bus decisions.

Damn you, MogwaiBoy - you had to go and post this! Now this Tonal Balance Control is definitely something I'd use too, likewise not having a treated room either.

Bummer, now it looks like I'll have to upgrade as well. Damn you iZotope. Damn you MogwaiBoy :D
Feelin' the Aussie/Kiwi love! :D

MogwaiBoy wrote:
ozmuso67 wrote:

Feelin' the Aussie/Kiwi love! :D
Yep lol. And on top of that I've now got iZotope GAS as well :hyper: :hihi:

Quite justified!

Heads up, izotope are doing an upgrade sale this month. $250 for upgrading from the music production bundle, down from like $400 when I looked in to it last week. That makes it more reasonable for me so I just bit.

I hope you bit at audiodeluxe.com. That upgrade is $179 there.

Return to “Effects”