Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
graywolf2004
KVRist

432 posts since 15 Apr, 2012, from Moscow, Russia

Postby graywolf2004; Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:06 am Re: BlueARP hardware prototype - share your opinions!

This is BlueARP prototype mk1 rev2.
A serious progress since previous hand-soldered prototype shown in feb 2017.
Check the video, it is hardware-only performance, BlueARP HW + Korg Radias +Vermona mono lancet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PZmy31UdWs&sns=em
Saukar30
KVRian

944 posts since 2 Mar, 2005

Postby Saukar30; Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:43 pm Re: BlueARP hardware prototype - share your opinions!

Looks great! Is there going to be a swing knob/cobtrol implemented?
bronxsound
KVRAF

1673 posts since 16 Dec, 2002, from Yorkshire

Postby bronxsound; Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:49 am Re: BlueARP hardware prototype - share your opinions!

I think it is a great concept. The software plugin was/is great considering many alternatives in vst world. But this, is a very unique piece of hardware. I am really looking forward how it progresses as I would be up for it assuming the pricing would be approachable. Well done and congratulations on getting up to this stage of development.
Doc Brown
KVRist

403 posts since 13 May, 2012, from Minnesota

Postby Doc Brown; Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:49 am Re: BlueARP hardware prototype - share your opinions!

Looks awesome!

I'm not familiar with all the planned features for this but I was wondering if this could be used as a step sequencer also?
.jon
KVRAF

5453 posts since 8 Jul, 2002, from Helsinki

Postby .jon; Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:04 am Re: BlueARP hardware prototype - share your opinions!

Doc Brown wrote:Looks awesome!

I'm not familiar with all the planned features for this but I was wondering if this could be used as a step sequencer also?

The plugin certainly can, and afaik it runs the same code. If the interface is well done, having 8 such step sequencers is a very interesting alternative to other compact desktop units.
graywolf2004
KVRist

Postby graywolf2004; Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:04 am Re: BlueARP hardware prototype - share your opinions!

Saukar30 wrote:Looks great! Is there going to be a swing knob/cobtrol implemented?

No dedicated hardware knob on the unit itself, but it's accessible via menu.
Second option - you can automate it / assign any knob on your midi keyboard, the same way you do in software.
graywolf2004
KVRist

Postby graywolf2004; Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:08 am Re: BlueARP hardware prototype - share your opinions!

bronxsound wrote:I think it is a great concept. The software plugin was/is great considering many alternatives in vst world. But this, is a very unique piece of hardware. I am really looking forward how it progresses as I would be up for it assuming the pricing would be approachable. Well done and congratulations on getting up to this stage of development.

Thank you. Regarding price - I have no numbers yet, but the main thing I'm doing right now is changing the hardware design to make it serially manufacturable. Not the schematic, it's more or less done, but enclosure design and the way it's assembled.
graywolf2004
KVRist

Postby graywolf2004; Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:09 am Re: BlueARP hardware prototype - share your opinions!

.jon wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:Looks awesome!

The plugin certainly can, and afaik it runs the same code. If the interface is well done, having 8 such step sequencers is a very interesting alternative to other compact desktop units.

True - the same way as in software - set all steps to 'Fixed' and change 'Scale step' for the steps.
bronxsound
KVRAF

1673 posts since 16 Dec, 2002, from Yorkshire

Postby bronxsound; Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:59 am Re: BlueARP hardware prototype - share your opinions!

graywolf2004 wrote:Thank you. Regarding price - I have no numbers yet, but the main thing I'm doing right now is changing the hardware design to make it serially manufacturable. Not the schematic, it's more or less done, but enclosure design and the way it's assembled.

That sounds promising. I guess it has to be quite a challenge. Unless you are going for huge amounts the things turn out to be fairly expensive. From the other hand, I can see how satisfying the whole thing has to be for you. Best of luck my friend and wish you a lot of patience (well I am sure you have it as you reached that far :) ).
asnor
KVRist

393 posts since 13 Jan, 2007

Postby asnor; Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:46 am Re: BlueARP hardware prototype - share your opinions!

Put me down for one!
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hardware (Instruments and Effects)