What in your opinion is the best Synth for wide juicy differant flavor supersaws?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi friends and fellow kvrers! The Question is asked above. Both free and paid is welcome!!

Sylenth1. Spire. :)

Spire, Viper - Virus Ti style hypersaw

Diva - classic Rolandish supersaw

Sylenth - a cross between the above characters

Rapid - does very convincing super/hypersaws reminding me of Virus but with a tad brighter and rougher sound.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

One guy made a comparison of alsmost all existing supersaws, though it was few years ago and some of the newer synths are not present here.

https://soundcloud.com/ultimateoutsider ... comparison

MUX is ace. 8)
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

BeepStreet Sunrizer is a great emulation of the JP-8000 which has decent supersaws:
http://www.beepstreet.com/plugins/sunrizer

Thanks for the replies everyone!!

Greatly appreciated!!

Dune2 you can "super/hyper" and more ANY waveform, and then make it 8 voice unison. Unbeatable.

Anything with unison :shrug:

Except Massive. They managed to royally fvck the unison in that.

Why do you say that Geoff.. are you refering to massive in general or on a certain update of massive?

surreal wrote:Why do you say that Geoff.. are you refering to massive in general or on a certain update of massive?
How you know my name :box:

Erm, well when I did a Massive bank I always thought the unison sounded phasey and metallic no matter what I did. You could get there in the end, but it was so much harder work than almost everything else available.

tehlord wrote:when I did a Massive bank I always thought the unison sounded phasey and metallic no matter what I did. You could get there in the end, but it was so much harder work than almost everything else available.
True. I noticed that as well with the supersaw-y kind of sounds. Overall, i'd describe Massive's sound as a bit "metallic harsh". The filters are also extremely digital. Like in - 10 years ago digital. Not the best synth for these kind of sounds.

I love to use Serum for supersaws. I think it's the one that has the cleanest Unison. Not a coincidence it's the most used synth for that type of sounds in EDM right now.

Other good alternatives are Hive (I use it a lot for everything that sounds digital, Virus ish too), Sylenth1, Spire. I know some producers who use Diva as well.

chk071 wrote:
tehlord wrote:when I did a Massive bank I always thought the unison sounded phasey and metallic no matter what I did. You could get there in the end, but it was so much harder work than almost everything else available.
True. I noticed that as well with the supersaw-y kind of sounds. Overall, i'd describe Massive's sound as a bit "metallic harsh". The filters are also extremely digital. Like in - 10 years ago digital. Not the best synth for these kind of sounds.
It does lots of stuff well, but it's not a well that I wish to drink from :hihi:

sinemotor wrote:I love to use Serum for supersaws. I think it's the one that has the cleanest Unison. Not a coincidence it's the most used synth for that type of sounds in EDM right now.
Not a coincidence EDM right now is mostly barely listenable because of these screeching, overly harsh high frequencies Serum is very prone to produce :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”