VSTi to toggle drum loops from MIDI?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all

I want my MIDI controllers keys to toggle the start and stop of audio drum loops.

The loops could be pure wavs, but ideally also MIDI triggering wavs.

Any ideas? It would be nice if it was free, but reasonably priced is Ok too.

Split keyboard full of drum loops? Use any sampler.

Do samplers trigger hold / release (toggle), and are loops in sync?

Can't remember Shortcircuit doing that, but been out of the loop for a while.

I believe Geist can do what I want, but if there are cheaper or free alternatives that would be best.

At least now I've found VST: midiNoteToggle (Insert Piz Here) I could use to toggle MIDI loops, which I can then control a (drum) sampler with, but which VST for the MIDI loops then?

Anybody?

Help an old altar boy.. :neutral:

What Host? Ableton and Bitwig don't need plugs or devices for that sort of stuff...

GrooveAgent4?
Has 128 assignable pads. MIDI loops are stored as presets, but you can have up to 128 per preset. Audio can be loops or single hits.

Googly Smythe wrote:GrooveAgent4?
Thanks for that, although I was hoping for something not so pricey..

I want to use it in Reaper. I know Ableton would be good for this as it's obviously geared for live play, but again, it's a bit more than I want to spend and I would also lose some other functionality.

Hi V'ger

I've not used this myself, but it looks like it might be a possible solution. I remember seeing it a while back and the website is still up:
https://www.helgoboss.org/projects/playtime/
It is a fairly priced vst that works with reaper to give something a bit similar to Ableton's session view which might meet your needs.

Just a thought :)

Since you're using Reaper, you could use ReaSamplomatic2000. Just use an instance of it per loop and determine the keyboard range for each loop. Then you can save this FX chain of RS2000s for future use, just change the loops.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Thanks guys, Playtime is just the thing I was looking for! I knew about it from before, just forgot about it. :tu:

Nothing better than using the DAW to load or make the loops and the plugin is intuitive and easy to use. (good price too)

V'ger wrote:Thanks guys, Playtime is just the thing I was looking for! I knew about it from before, just forgot about it. :tu:

Nothing better than using the DAW to load or make the loops and the plugin is intuitive and easy to use. (good price too)
I'm demo'ing it right now, and am thinking of selling my copy of Live Intro, it seems to be everything I really need from Live in Reaper.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

you need REX files not WAVs and a sampler

braj wrote:
V'ger wrote:Thanks guys, Playtime is just the thing I was looking for! I knew about it from before, just forgot about it. :tu:

I'm demo'ing it right now, and am thinking of selling my copy of Live Intro, it seems to be everything I really need from Live in Reaper.
I took the plunge and bought Playtime, it is just perfect for me, it makes for a more coherent a workspace for my mind than Live even. Totally worth the $26. It opens a whole new world for me in Reaper.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Return to “Instruments”