New things from Unfiltered Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Soarer wrote:I vote for more effects or spectral transformation modes in SpecOps :hyper:

Also I thought it would be very natural for Unfiltered Audio to have a dedicated granular synthesis plugin.
Probably Sandman Pro does some granular synthesis but it's not really made for that.
You can do granular style effects with SpecOps by slowing down the speed dial and you can get granular effects from Sandman Pro with a bit of effort (you can even approximate physical modeling if you use some short delays and modulation to get comb filtering). I'll see if I can upload some tomorrow if you're interested, wouldn't let me save the files as attachments here).

Yes, rearranging the effect order would be great. :)

Soarer wrote: Also I thought it would be very natural for Unfiltered Audio to have a dedicated granular synthesis plugin.
Probably Sandman Pro does some granular synthesis but it's not really made for that.
I would be highly interested to see unfiltered Audio's spin on granular synthesis.
“Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.” -Miles Davis

shonky wrote:
You can do granular style effects with SpecOps by slowing down the speed dial and you can get granular effects from Sandman Pro with a bit of effort (you can even approximate physical modeling if you use some short delays and modulation to get comb filtering). I'll see if I can upload some tomorrow if you're interested, wouldn't let me save the files as attachments here).
You’re welcome to upload but as I said I’d rather see a dedicated granular plugin - preferably next level shit :D

Just want to do a shoutout to thelizard for getting in contact with me over a bug I found while using Ableton. He gave me a temporary work around until the next release where it will get fixed.

Really awesome and friendly support :tu:

I will definitely be supporting these guys by buying more of their plugins in the near future.
:borg:

Soarer wrote:
shonky wrote:
You’re welcome to upload but as I said I’d rather see a dedicated granular plugin - preferably next level shit :D

In the mean time you should try out Accsone Crusher-X.

https://www.accsone.com/
:borg:

I was going to say, aren't there excellent granular plugins out there? Not that UA shouldn't make one...

Crusher X is huge and pretty complicated, isn't it? Not really sure if that would work on a drum or arp track..? I have used it in the past so it's been a while.

I'd like something like Sandman Pro (but granular) that is easy to modulate while it stays in sync on say, a drum track. I find Sandman Pro unique since it's possible to make it stay in sync while doing all kinds of crazy stuff :D
Also it's nice if you can make it stay on pitch.

Meh, granular resynthesis is probably too boring for these guys, play a series of micro samples very fast, that’s about all there is to it. A similar effect created via sound source positioning, that’s something else entirely.

Make boring exciting!

pekbro wrote:... A similar effect created via sound source positioning, that’s something else entirely.
Hey Pekbro can you explain what you mean by that?

Actually, a feature rich grain mode in Sandman Pro could really do it! So grain delay of course but also non-delay granular.

Yeah, I feel Sandman Pro, due to its buffer possibilities, is close to possibly be a granular resynthesis synth.
Love it so much. So many possibilities.

Soarer wrote:
pekbro wrote:... A similar effect created via sound source positioning, that’s something else entirely.
Hey Pekbro can you explain what you mean by that?
I was referring to this stuff: http://www.spatialmodulation.com.

I assume one day they will bring it to fruition, although they have not said much
about it.

-Cheers

Thanks but that seems to be purely synthesis and not an effect. It looks like a mix of the well known syntesis methods FM, AM, etc. including stereo field panning.

Anyway, I have made my feature requests for SpecOps and Sandman Pro so I hope to see these in a near future, like next week :lol:

I still think it would be great to see more demos here of what people are doing with these plugins.

Return to “Effects”