Syntronik [update March 2018: New T-03 Bonus Content & 4-for-1 bass synth promo] available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik 1

Doc Brown wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:How hard would it be to have a separate section for bonus content downloads?
Each new product is part of the regular product, so it is best placed where it is. The issue is resolved with an extension to the download period each time new content is release as part of the regular/main product.

Does the whole instrument need to be downloaded in its entirety to receive the added bonus content or is it just a supplemental update to add to the existing content?

Thanks Peter
Currently, you can download the files marked bonus content and just install those. They will be in the Sounds Download dropdown.

It's just another file to download which installs the bonus content only.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

If anybody was still showing expired Syntronik downloads for this yesterday, please check again since I reported the issue (and thanks to those that reported directly) and it should all be fixed as of this morning.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Your extension should have been (and will be policy) 30 days. If you are not seeing that in your IK User Area please let IK Support know and they'll take a look at your specific account.
Not 180 days?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Your extension should have been (and will be policy) 30 days. If you are not seeing that in your IK User Area please let IK Support know and they'll take a look at your specific account.
Not 180 days?
When bonus content is released, the extension will be 30 days and there will be better notification of bonus content (and updates) via email outside of promotional mailings. That seems fair.

Can I make a friendly suggestion? Why doesn't IK incorporate the cost of their "download fee" into the initial cost of the product and future products? By doing this the terms and conditions are irrelevant and the jackassary factor for the company becomes zero.

(Think Native Instruments) :tu:

Thank you for your suggestion.

IK probably loses more money by pissing off current and potential customers than they ever make off these download fees.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

The suggestions have been noted.

On another related topic... Anybody enjoying the bonus content? I figured we'd hear some opinions on those too.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:If anybody was still showing expired Syntronik downloads for this yesterday, please check again since I reported the issue (and thanks to those that reported directly) and it should all be fixed as of this morning.
Hi Peter,

My sounds show this :

Your sounds download access will expire in 0 days (registered on 2017-07-20)

Do I need to hassle support about this? (I've downloaded both bonus packs already so it's not critical). Should it get reset to 30 days if/when the next bonus pack comes along?

MikeCallon wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:If anybody was still showing expired Syntronik downloads for this yesterday, please check again since I reported the issue (and thanks to those that reported directly) and it should all be fixed as of this morning.
Hi Peter,

My sounds show this :

Your sounds download access will expire in 0 days (registered on 2017-07-20)

Do I need to hassle support about this? (I've downloaded both bonus packs already so it's not critical). Should it get reset to 30 days if/when the next bonus pack comes along?
I have the same message but the sounds (& the bonus sounds) are actually available to be selected in the dropdown, a couple of days ago they were not available to be selected at all, so I am assuming they will now be available for next 30 days as Peter has indicated.
Also, on the matter of communication, I have received an email from IK advising of the bonus content. It is much clearer that this is further content and available to Syntronik owners. Thanks Peter for the swift actions.

braj wrote:IK probably loses more money by pissing off current and potential customers than they ever make off these download fees.
I agree that IK is the last jackass on the block regarding these stupid download fees. They really need to get a clue!

zzz00m wrote:
braj wrote:IK probably loses more money by pissing off current and potential customers than they ever make off these download fees.
I agree that IK is the last jackass on the block regarding these stupid download fees. They really need to get a clue!
I own a copy of The Grid which I don't even remember buying during a group buy a few years ago, I don't recall ever downloading it, I back up all my IK stuff. I'd like to try it out, but I'm not going to spend $10 to do it. Because I shouldn't have to. It's just wrong they even charge anything to get access to your stuff, it is akin to holding them hostage. And I don't negotiate with hostage takers. Well, for my kid, maybe. Then they charge you to sell your stuff as well :tantrum:
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

But on another note, I really like Syntronic :) I hope they consider releasing an update that would allow us to use our Sampletank libraries in Syntronic. I know you can go the opposite route, but I prefer the resizable interface, and if they made a 'workstation' interface for Syntronic it would fit in with everything else nicely I think.

braj wrote:But on another note, I really like Syntronic :) I hope they consider releasing an update that would allow us to use our Sampletank libraries in Syntronic. I know you can go the opposite route, but I prefer the resizable interface, and if they made a 'workstation' interface for Syntronic it would fit in with everything else nicely I think.
:tu:

Return to “Instruments”