SKnote release Disto-S - A Distressor, fast and effective.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah, I do remember it all. For some reason I forgot his recent statement about pulling out of Kvr. I regularly droped into the forum as it was the only way to discover updates!

He got alot of grief at GS but is more forgiving of them for some reason
Compyfox wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:Anyone else notice the Sknote subforum has gone, guess he finally had enough of Kvr attitude.
Seems to get on well the GS girls
Sure, because over there, the moderators actually "listen" to his... er... "requests" to remove/ban people from conversations he doesn't like to do. (generally, mods over there are way more trigger happy - IMO and all that)

Also, in 2014, Sardo clearly stated on GS, that he doesn't consider his "support forum on KVR to be necesaary anymore", to be a Kindergarten and obsolete. Maybe you can still find remnands from links in "this thread"

What you make up from all of this, is up to you
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:He got alot of grief at GS but is more forgiving of them for some reason
Maybe cos not everyone there is an arsehat?
A bit fried in the higher freqs

cprompt wrote:arsehat?
Thats a new insult Ive learned :)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

cprompt wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:He got alot of grief at GS but is more forgiving of them for some reason
Maybe cos not everyone there is an arsehat?
GS can be way more brutal than KVR. But KVR is considered a "playground" and "non-professional" these days anyway (not my words - but I've read that several times on this forum at this point). :shrug:

Then again, as mentioned before, GS is more trigger happy regarding "unfitting comments/arguments". So that plays into the hands of people like Sardo. YMMV though.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

simmo75 wrote:Has anyone compared this to FG-Stress?
I was going to buy it this weekend but now I'm intrigued by Disto-S, and the intro price is great.
I created an account in the hope of a demo being available but it doesn't seem there is.

Edit: Decided to risk buying it, I hope it's way better than any of its competitors versions
How was it? I too wanted a demo but couldn't see one.
This isn't what you think.

I’m using it a lot, it’s a very good compressor and totally worth the cost.
I also have the slate version and don’t use it, I’m not renewing my sub.
To my ears this sounds awesome and the differences that people are wanking over don’t mean anything unless you’re really into comparing distressors...
Personally, I prefer writing and producing music and Distro-S is good compressor.

simmo75 wrote:I’m using it a lot, it’s a very good compressor and totally worth the cost.
I also have the slate version and don’t use it, I’m not renewing my sub.
To my ears this sounds awesome...
Thanks. I want to pull the trigger anything else similar worth checking out before I do?

I've been out of the effects game for a while and goign for instruments.

Really wish there was a demo. :?
This isn't what you think.

I've had Disto-S for a few days now and I have to say it's pretty awesome.

The auto gain function is a little weird at first, but you get used to it and it does what it's supposed to do.

Well worth the $49.99.
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Did it come with a copy of Disto v2? Has there been any sign of Disto-R?

imrae wrote:Did it come with a copy of Disto v2? Has there been any sign of Disto-R?
No Disto-R yet and I think Disto-S is Disto v2

Disto v2 is this one. It has a bunch more features: http://www.sknoteaudio.com/wp/index.php ... nd-details I held off buying it because I wanted to see what version 3 would bring. Clearly that was a mistake.

imrae wrote:Disto v2 is this one. It has a bunch more features: http://www.sknoteaudio.com/wp/index.php ... nd-details I held off buying it because I wanted to see what version 3 would bring. Clearly that was a mistake.
Wow! Definitely didn't come with that! I think "sound" was the goal in S, so maybe R will resemble the v2 more with dual mono units and legit graphics. The stereo link/unlink in S works for me though.

S uses hardly any cpu, so may be a reason for the unsexy gui and streamlined features.

I saw in another forum someone mentioned emailing SKnote for the older version.

Compyfox, in my humble opinion, you need to learn when to shut up. You were making a fool out of yourself in this thread, no matter how good your intentions were. Maybe SKnote is not your company, ok we got that. But your steadily and stupidly annoying long answers without making a point just to make someone looks bad are a pain in the as* and does not put you in a better light. I personally think a moderator should have told you that. Because I just wanted some infos about a plugin and most I got from this thread is your childish whining. I would not have talked to you either after all this ranting and digging. Sometimes it's the best to just let it go :)

Haui, in my humble opinion you need to shut the f**k up. You're chastising a reply from 3 months ago?? Sod off, wanker. Never mind that he's right. Piss off.

jbarish wrote:Haui, in my humble opinion you need to shut the f**k up. You're chastising a reply from 3 months ago?? Sod off, wanker. Never mind that he's right. Piss off.
What a lovely chap you really are.

And ironically, the new SKNote site is live :D
A bit fried in the higher freqs

Return to “Effects”