Wave PPG vs Prophet VS Wavetables

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fmr wrote:It's wavetable, not wavesequencing. The main difference resides in the fact that, in a wavesequence, you can have different pitches, different durations, and even samples
Well thats exactly what the two SEQ tabs will give you.

Step, Wave, Pitch, Length, Volume, Pan, Filter, Slide, Mix

A wonderful synth !

ENV1 wrote: However, unlike the WS Kubik has two wavesequencers, not only one.
In Wavestation you could use a wave sequence for all 4 oscillators in a layer/patch and also to do vector synthesis with those 4 oscillators.
With up to 8 layers/patches in a performance you could stack up to 32 oscillators. In the Wavestation hardware this would be monophonic but with the plugin you have up to 256 voices.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:In Wavestation you could use a wave sequence for all 4 oscillators in a layer/patch and also to do vector synthesis with those 4 oscillators.
Yes, thats right.

In Kubik SEQ A and SEQ B are for Osc 1 and Osc 2 respectively, so its practically the same as in the WS, only with 2 oscillators maximum.

(Kubik does not support layers, so for WS-like performances you will have to use multiple instances.)

BTW, the Kubic wavesequencer lets you crossfade pitch and volume separately.

(Slide for Pitch and Mix for Volume/Waveform.)

Thats something the WS wavesequencer cant do, it can only do both at the same time.

Ingonator wrote:In Wavestation you could use a wave sequence for all 4 oscillators in a layer/patch and also to do vector synthesis with those 4 oscillators.
With up to 8 layers/patches in a performance you could stack up to 32 oscillators. In the Wavestation hardware this would be monophonic but with the plugin you have up to 256 voices.
Also remember that a cross-fading wave sequence requires two voices to play...

I wish Korg would update their Wavestation plugin to make it bigger. I have to use the Magnify tool on it to just see what's going on.

djmino02 wrote:I wish Korg would update their Wavestation plugin to make it bigger.
that and peace on earth :pray:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Instruments”