[progressive / dark trance] Warmonger - My Little Room

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

One of my old experiments. Wanted to make extremely dark dark in a tribute to some classic trance hits. Too bad it's weirdo normal labels won't release today.

https://soundcloud.com/djwarmonger/my-l ... iginal-mix
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

I like it. Clean and tight production, good sound-design. The overall vibe is indeed quite dark and expressive.

TBH, I'd rather listen to this than to what "normal" trance labels release today.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

It may be a bit weird but also cool. Nice sounds there
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

It's fine, it's a little weird but as an idea it's not bad, greetings!

DJ Warmonger wrote:One of my old experiments.
If by experiments you mean some of those very lusciously disturbing sounds, the experiment was a success. You've got a whole load of great sounds.

But "experiment" also suggests you might think this isn't quite a finished/proper track? Maybe I'm reading too much into that, but I would have though if you felt the track was the finished product, you might have said "this is an old tune of mine" or something.

I think it sounds great, but that at times it's just a little bit lacking in cohesion - presumably because you are experimenting and there's quite a bit of variation across the track. I guess it's just very slightly lacking that "one never ending trip" feeling of trance as a result.

I suspect you could tweak a few things and tighten the progression with minimal effort if you wanted to.

Anyway, I enjoyed all 9 minutes and listened to a few sections more than once.

Thank you for your feedback, guys?
But "experiment" also suggests you might think this isn't quite a finished/proper track?
Well, I tried to do stuff like this for the first time and it's not copy-paste of any regular piece. The style is odd on purpose.
Plus, you're right about "lack of cohesion" - I would do it differently today, by then I just slapped ideas on the arrangement as they came to my mind.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Sounds good, is very psytrance in style which I like. Also has very good production quality.

Cool trance track, rather typical for that genre but enjoyable. Nice work.
Greetings
HM

DJ Warmonger wrote:I would do it differently today [...] then I just slapped ideas on the arrangement as they came to my mind.
Sort of the impression I was getting. We live and learn :) Still a nice track though.

Return to “Music Cafe”