RELATED
PRODUCTS

synth1 and some reverb
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:synth1 and some reverb
Best? Arguable. But yeah, that'll work. A delay would probably help as well.

And you never did answer my question from the other thread.

There isn't really 1 good VST instrument that can make a decent soundscape. The best stuff I usually hear is the result of lots of sound processing..
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:There isn't really 1 good VST instrument that can make a decent soundscape. The best stuff I usually hear is the result of lots of sound processing..
I have done fine with Absynth or Omnisphere and of course the magic toolbox Reaktor.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

CrystalWizard wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:There isn't really 1 good VST instrument that can make a decent soundscape. The best stuff I usually hear is the result of lots of sound processing..
I have done fine with Absynth or Omnisphere and of course the magic toolbox Reaktor.
Whoever says that there is no VSTi that can do decent soundscapes, does not have Omnisphere. It can do amazing, long evolving soundscapes and textures. Just listen to the demos of Luftrum's Ambient patches for Omnisphere.

But: In truth, just about any VSTi can do decent soundscapes - if used creatively. Many instruments can't do soundscapes in a single patch, but when you layer, overdub, render and repeat.... the possibilities are endless.

Do you use the U-he Synth?

Padshop also does awesome soundscapes

aMUSEd wrote:Padshop also does awesome soundscapes
Yes of course. I did recommend it earlier anyway.

I don't understand the hassle about these VST and digital analog synth I general. Yes. Some produce artefacts but that is part of their architecture. Imagine a PPG based synth without them. Something characterly important would be missing. There are hundreds of VST which are capable of producing fantastic soundscapes. It doesn't matter if they sound digital or analog. Music is all about ideas and the context everything is placed together. There is that saying that everything is in the mix and that's what really matters in music. Better and worse are a myth. They are just two sides of one coin. In the end it all comes down to preferences by learned and trained patterns which filled our minds over years. To break this down on the lowest level one can also say that's all made up and nothing else than illusion. Concepts we rate and put one concept/ rating over another. Totally senseless because there is no good and bad and all things aren't comparable to one another. We might believe they are but that's made up by ourselves. Plain truth is that things are like they are. The rest is an invention of our minds...

Even with the simplest built free mono vst synth you can produce soundscapes which will fit in a mix and expresses and underlines your musical ideas...That's one reason I never ever use presets. I think a sound should be s result of an original idea which evolves over the process of producing something. In the end everything will fit together no matter what instruments you use. :wink:

You should check Discovery Pro PadSynth re-synthesis feature. It can produce some really beautiful pads.

https://www.discodsp.net/mp3/discovery_pro_padsynth.mp3

First part has got the non re-synthesized sound. Second part is using the PadSynth engine.

Now that they are both mentioned on this page I would just be very interested in comparison/pros and cons/experiences comparing:

- Padshop/Padshop Pro
- DiscoveryPro

Both are actually with the "back again" sale from discodsp in the same price range. I mostly depend on presets but bit by bit starting to make some pads/soundscapes for myself, therefore depending on "ease of use", random and morph capabilities very welcome.

At the moment I mostly use kontakt libs and I am aware that with me using it no synth will ever give me something comparable to Lunaris Presets and Presets adaption which is very easy in Lunaris for example but this is hard on cpu AND RAM and I mainly use kontakt libs so the RAM is really a limiting point in most projects (old I-3 with 8GB RAM).

And even if it is only for hobby I just want to devellop my skills on designing own sounds little by little.

Additional question: Padshop sufficient or Padshop Pro really needed ?

Any hint would be appreciated :)

Padshop comes with a limited number of samples. Eventually, you'll run out of source material and you'll end up just making the same sounds over and over.

Padshop Pro allows you to import your own samples. So the possibilities are endless.

That difference alone makes Padshop Pro a necessity. If you're not going to get Pro, you might as well not get Padshop at all and get something else.

Thanks, one thing cleared :tu:

You can do a lot with the existing samples though - it's too easy sometimes I think to just import new samples and think you have a new patch, using the existing samples creatively is worth trying, over 90% of my own Padshop Pro bank uses the factory samples.
Last edited by aMUSEd on Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Repro-5 is great for Ambient and Atmospheric tracks.
All tracks done with Repro-5.
Presets, "Eloquent Circuits".

https://soundcloud.com/vintage-synth-pa ... he-repro-5

very nice !

Return to “Instruments”