FG-X2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

They Live! Where is Rowdy Roddy Piper when you need him?

I bet when Ik Stealth came out Slate went back to the drawing board pluss it's hard to improve FG-x.

I like the FG-X but I like the Sonnox limiter v2 much more.

You get so much more volume without destroying the sound. So there are things to improve on the plug.

Slate Digital is very particular about what leaves the desktop. Let it take its time because I'm sure it will be the best. And I will sell my ridiculously expensive Sonnox limits when FG-X2 comes on the market.

:tu:

This is quite a legitimate question... We've been waiting an extremely long time for a what is a much needed update. FG-X in it's present iteration has some quirks that make it unusable on some material as it adds some very subtle unpleasant artifacts .... This was discussed when it was first released and was the reason some people stopped using it, myself included.

Robmobius wrote:I'm still waiting for my 'promised upgrade'... 2 years now (I think).

He's not a fraud to be fair, they are very sluggish with some of their plugins. Everything is 'just around the corner' - But he doesn't say how big the corner actually is.

It will get here... eventually.
I think he meant cornerS

Erwin78 wrote:
Robmobius wrote:I'm still waiting for my 'promised upgrade'... 2 years now (I think).

He's not a fraud to be fair, they are very sluggish with some of their plugins. Everything is 'just around the corner' - But he doesn't say how big the corner actually is.

It will get here... eventually.
I think he meant cornerS
Bit of a resurrection this...

Since then, I've vastly changed my opinion of Slate Digital... I guess the moral of the story is never trust a used car salesman as they tend not to 'speaketh' the truth. Anyway, there's plenty of more plugins in the sea (without a subscription model as well).
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

There's no forced subscription apart from his Chris Lord Alge lesson

Jax Pok wrote:There's no forced subscription apart from his Chris Lord Alge lesson
Didn't say there was bud...
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Heard they skipped FG-X2 and decided to go straight to X3.

Or, did I ? :oops:

It's out!!!!!
FG-X perpetual owners

Great News! You get FG-X 2 at no additional cost! Just download FG-X 2 and make sure your original FG-X license is activated in iLok License Manager.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Almost a decade late and $199 short...
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

FG-X 2 is creating a delay effect in Ableton Live 11

Funny. Steven Slate leaves, and FG-X2 becomes available.

Anyway, wasn't worth the wait. Much better options available nowadays.
More BPM please

I didn't know Slate Digital was sold until now.

dionenoid wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:31 pm Funny. Steven Slate leaves, and FG-X2 becomes available.

Anyway, wasn't worth the wait. Much better options available nowadays.
Indeed... I got the upgrade free because I had a license for the 1st one. It's good... But Ozone is far superior, so I've no reason to use it when I have the big O.

Plus, its only 7 years late! :lol:

Return to “Effects”