If you had to pick just one u-he plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am saving for a u-he synth, and i can pick only one synth- that will be Zebra.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Useless question.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

- Diva for combined versatility and sound quality.

- Zebra for utility

- Repro-5 for just sound quality

We've just finished our 64 Strong sound bank for Repro-5 and have to say the organic quality to the sound is awe inspiring, having said that the limited modulation does initally leave you wanting.

But then, after some time the limited modulation forces you to push the creativity envelope.

Its easy to rely on modulation to bring in interest to a sound so after a while we actually started to appreciate the limited modulation as it enabled us to push the limits of what the synth can do rather than what the modulation can do.

Sometimes less is more.
Sample Packs, Synth Presets, VST plugins, Effects and Synth VSTs all available at https://www.sound7.co.uk

Berlin Modular :lol:

I would go for Zebra.
The versatility and sound quality of this thing is great. The 2.8 update is also very nice with a (necessary) update of the gui and the inclusion of the repro wavefolder.
Last edited by Stefken on Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Satin if going for any plugin, and not an instrument, as it'll give you delay/flange/compression/tape characteristics.

Repro-1 if going only for an instrument: it's fun and sounds great.

Don’t underestimate Bazille CM version. You can buy a digital copy of the magazine very cheap and get a whole load of plugins including Bazille CM version. It’s cut down but still a proper modular playground with multiple oscillators, filters, envelopes, step sequencer etc.

It’s a great cheap/free synth.

quincy wrote:Don’t underestimate Bazille CM version. You can buy a digital copy of the magazine very cheap and get a whole load of plugins including Bazille CM version. It’s cut down but still a proper modular playground with multiple oscillators, filters, envelopes, step sequencer etc.

It’s a great cheap/free synth.
:tu: I love it, really. How and why is this free, amazing!

Zebralette
yzcoruhT

Zebra.

Zebra u can retire and you will still discover new things with it but the old one was shit in a mix not sure what are the new filters.

Soundwise Diva and Repro 5 u will have very hard time if u have hw to guess which is the hw. .I had some.Brute.and Monark.and Diva always sounded fatter fuller

Bazille probably.
Then Diva.
Can't wait for Zebra 3 though.

So yeah, I guess it's more than one synth ^^
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

Zebra. All of the U-He analog modeled stuff is great and all, but zebra can make pretty much any sound you can think of and do it well while keeping the CPU usage reasonable. Plus there a zillion noises already out there for it if you're into that sort of thing. I have all the U-He synths aside from hive and Zebra gets the most use by far.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Zebra
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

It's impossible. But If I had to make it possible, then Bazille. But man, it's hard.

Return to “Instruments”