Ableton Push support is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Push

Hi,

Just a small question, any chance of a sequencer with features like this will be implemented in Push and/or Launchpad Pro? (I am saving for one of those :) )???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... rg-1CXbSx0

Those controllers seems like they can become small beasts for sequencing without mouse and keyboard.

SB-SIX wrote:I've been using push 1 and bitwig quite some time now, and found that the selected track in bitwig UI is often out of sync with the push track. Especially when navigating inside groups. Is this a know issue, a feature or user error?
Anyone have any tips on this? In a small project it works, but it seems that when the tracks are over 8, it looses track of the selected track in the gui.

Am I the only person that the drivers are not working for under Bitwig 2.2.3?

Edit: my bad, after a few reboots of the Push and a couple restarts of Bitwig the two found each other again???

Maybe I spoke again too soon as for the second time today I had to restart my complete system a couple of times to get Bitwig to recognize the Push; this after months of no problems.

I'm on Windows 10 and Bitwig 2.2.3 with a Push 1 - latest drivers from Jurgen.

I wish you all a happy new year!

I just released #9.30 and it's all about the browser:
  • New: Slowed down scrolling of browser columns and presets.
  • New: The values of the last touched browser column can now be changed with the tempo knob for finer adjustments.
  • New: Improved visibility of selected browser column filters.
  • New: If the browser is closed in Bitwig, the last active mode is set on the Push.
  • Fixed: Resetting a browser column did crash the extension.

Happy new year moss!!

Thanx again!
Love the new slow downs for clip start/end and now the browser!
Very usefull now. Never used it really. but now i will.

Cheers Moss, looks good, and wish you a wonderful 2018 too!

Hi Moss,

Just want to start off by saying thank you for the hard work you've put into this script. It's come a long way since version 1, and i wanted to congratulate you on the amazing work thus far!

Just wanted to ask if anyone's had any bug(s) within the new update? I'm experiencing the following:

- add new device button no longer working (when pressed, some of the surrounding lights on the push 2 flash very quickly, but nothing happens). No browser pops up on either the software or the hardware as it did before.

- When creating a new track, and selecting the bitwig drum machine, the push pads do not automatically switch to the drum layout. They just continue to stay in the default piano layout.

- when in drum machine mixer mode on the push 2 (or a multi-out device with more than 8 channels) the volume knob for channels 9-16 still control channels 1-8 when you bank over using the arrow buttons on the push.

- If i hold mute, and hit once of the 16 pads when in drum input mode (when using any instrument either than the bitwig drum machine) the script crashes. (just wanted to let you know this happens).

- when browsing for samples from the push and selecting the sample location, turning the location knob and scrolling opens every single folder, subfolder, and sub-sub folder, etc. This means that if i'm trying to look through some samples in a folder starting with s for example, ill have to scroll through every single folder and sub folder on my way down to that location. This could likely be a bitwig api limitation, but is there any way to address this using an extra column or coding function in the script (possibly shift or arrow function). This is possible with the keyboard of course, but i'm trying to keep my hands on the push as much as possible.

Other issues I've been having previous to this update (i just never got the chance to voice them):

- When selecting a loop length in the clip mode, the visual feedback on the push 2 is reflecting the loop end (or play end). For example, if the play start is 1.1.1, and the play end is 2.1.1, the loop length readout on the push 2 should be 1.0.0. But unfortunately it's actually showing 2.1.1, rather than showing 1.0.0 (1 bar loop). It's also changing values in the loop length by 0.1 when turning the knob on the push, rather than 1.0 increments (0.1 increments should only occur when shift is held correct?). This one has been bothering me for quite a while.

- The default mixer view on the push 2 shows volume, pan, crossfader, and sends. If you click on just volume, all tracks and vu meters become visible. Is there a way to make that the default view? Makes it easier to quickly mix numerous tracks at once from the push. Also, is there a way to remove the crossfader knob all-together, and be able to view a 3rd send knob instead (for those not using the crossfader). Maybe this could be an option in the controller script options.

- Is it possible to make the selected clip follow the selected track? Every time i switch channels on the push, the previously highlighted clip remains selected, rather than automatically focusing to the playing clip (or empty clip) in the newly selected track. This is likely a Bitwig issue, but I'm curious is you can add a function like this to the push 2 script behaviour.

- When creating a new clip in a track using the 'new' button on the push 2, the clip will automatically start playing and recording (and when shift is held, it will create a new clip that starts playing as well, but not recording). Is there a way to just create a new clip in the slot, but not start recording? Just curious.

I have some other potential bugs and feature improvement/requests as well, but I don't want to inundate you with a huge post. Please let me know about the above when you have a moment. Feel free to DM as well.

***Also, i would like to donate some money for your work thus far. What is the best way to do that? ***

Thanks again Moss,

Jaime

Yiha, that's long :-)
jdbrito wrote: - add new device button no longer working (when pressed, some of the surrounding lights on the push 2 flash very quickly, but nothing happens). No browser pops up on either the software or the hardware as it did before.
Thanks for reporting! Stupid side-effect of exiting the browser mode automatically. Will be fixed in the next version.

jdbrito wrote: - When creating a new track, and selecting the bitwig drum machine, the push pads do not automatically switch to the drum layout. They just continue to stay in the default piano layout.
That was never the case.

jdbrito wrote: - when in drum machine mixer mode on the push 2 (or a multi-out device with more than 8 channels) the volume knob for channels 9-16 still control channels 1-8 when you bank over using the arrow buttons on the push.
Good catch! Was also broken for pan, sends and the reset function! Will be fixed in the next version.

jdbrito wrote: - If i hold mute, and hit once of the 16 pads when in drum input mode (when using any instrument either than the bitwig drum machine) the script crashes. (just wanted to let you know this happens).
Will be fixed in the next version.

jdbrito wrote: - when browsing for samples from the push and selecting the sample location, turning the location knob and scrolling opens every single folder, subfolder, and sub-sub folder, etc.
Sorry, can't change this.

jdbrito wrote: - When selecting a loop length in the clip mode, the visual feedback on the push 2 is reflecting the loop end (or play end). For example, if the play start is 1.1.1, and the play end is 2.1.1, the loop length readout on the push 2 should be 1.0.0. But unfortunately it's actually showing 2.1.1, rather than showing 1.0.0 (1 bar loop). It's also changing values in the loop length by 0.1 when turning the knob on the push, rather than 1.0 increments (0.1 increments should only occur when shift is held correct?).
Ah, I offset the values but shouldn't have done that with the loop length. Will be fixed in the next version.

jdbrito wrote: - The default mixer view on the push 2 shows volume, pan, crossfader, and sends. If you click on just volume, all tracks and vu meters become visible. Is there a way to make that the default view? Makes it easier to quickly mix numerous tracks at once from the push.
Noted.

jdbrito wrote: Also, is there a way to remove the crossfader knob all-together, and be able to view a 3rd send knob instead (for those not using the crossfader). Maybe this could be an option in the controller script options.
Sorry, no. Only on Push 1.

jdbrito wrote: - Is it possible to make the selected clip follow the selected track? Every time i switch channels on the push, the previously highlighted clip remains selected, rather than automatically focusing to the playing clip (or empty clip) in the newly selected track. This is likely a Bitwig issue, but I'm curious is you can add a function like this to the push 2 script behaviour.
Yes it is a Bitwig issue, please complain loudly :-)
I tried to workaround that but it had some even stranger side effects.

jdbrito wrote: - When creating a new clip in a track using the 'new' button on the push 2, the clip will automatically start playing and recording (and when shift is held, it will create a new clip that starts playing as well, but not recording). Is there a way to just create a new clip in the slot, but not start recording? Just curious.
Sorry, no.

jdbrito wrote: I have some other potential bugs and feature improvement/requests as well, but I don't want to inundate you with a huge post. Please let me know about the above when you have a moment. Feel free to DM as well.
Keep it coming!

Hi Moss,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! I look forward to the update ;). I'll make it a point to complain yo bitwig regarding some issues, now that I know they're holding you back lol ;).

I will make note of the other fixes/recommendations in a later post. I hope you do not take any of this as anything less than constructive. I'm dedefinitely not complaining, as your work is greatly appreciated!

Thanks again for addressing my post,

Jaime

Thanks to the bug reports of jdbrito, here is an update:

#9.31
  • Fixed: Add Device button did not work (regression in 9.30).
  • Fixed: Modifying values of the 2nd page of a drum pad layers did modify the values of the 1st page.
  • Fixed: Drumpads did not produce sound after a button combination with delete, mute, solo or select was used.
  • Fixed: Loop length in clip mode was also offset by 1 but should not.
Enjoy!

Dear moss, first of all thanks a lot for all the amazing work.

I know this has to be a FAQ, but what are the differences between Push 1 and Push 2 in BitWig. I'm looking into buying a 2nd hand Push. I swear I had seen some post commenting the differences but I cannot find it right now. Cheers.

ejgallego wrote:Dear moss, first of all thanks a lot for all the amazing work.

I know this has to be a FAQ, but what are the differences between Push 1 and Push 2 in BitWig. I'm looking into buying a 2nd hand Push. I swear I had seen some post commenting the differences but I cannot find it right now. Cheers.
viewtopic.php?f=259&t=485657

moss wrote:
ejgallego wrote:Dear moss, first of all thanks a lot for all the amazing work.

viewtopic.php?f=259&t=485657
Many thanks! Maybe this could be added to the first post in the thread so it is easier to find for newbies such a myself?

Dear Mossgraber,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your hard work. I can do more stuff with Bitwig than Live, it's crazy. I just want to report you some little requests (or maybe it is very hard to implement, I'm not a programmer). Sorry if this is not the right place to express these wishes or if it has already been requested:

- the 3 values concerning the crossfader changes too fast (the knob is very sensitive and holding shift function is not configured)
- maybe it will be more aesthetic to distribute colors on the external pads, and order them by gradients
- the LED behind the original pads like delete, mute, solo, etc. are not very lighted. It is difficult to read them in live situation
- sometimes the screen flickers when changing a parameter and I can't find when and why
- maybe you can hide loop start/length information when switching the loop off in clip mode
- session mode : use page buttons to scroll accross tracks, eight by eight
- give us the possibility to navigate in session view without deselecting the current track
- store the note layout and the scale per track
- the LED pads disappear when we are in mix mode (with send tracks or master selected) but the pads are functionnal, we can play and hear what we play
- we can't select tracks in device mode when the project doesn't contain any device, there's a message "please select a device or press add device"
- a possibility to change the color of each pad would be amazing and very useful, as well as giving the same color as to the steps in the sequencer (if my kick is orange, the LED pad of the sequencer corresponding to the kick would be orange; if the snare is blue, the pads would be blue, etc.)
- I have a message when switching off the Push 2 Display : "could not store to: C:\Program Files\Bitwig Studio\Push2Display\Push2Display.cfg" is that normal?

Thank you for reading it, even if none of the requests will be considered. The Push is already very powerful. Thank you again,

creal.

Return to “Controller Scripting”