donkeyt- losing grip- retro(ish) shoegazy rokk

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I apparently also do long (over 1 minute :o ), tedious guitar solos now.

Minimal, mumbling, effected vocals, and ones hopes just enough guitar tremelo/vibrato wibble now. Perhaps you can have too much tremelo after all.. :scared:

If anyone has a sample (a la Bonham) of a kick drum pedal squeak do tell!

http://www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/don ... g-grip.mp3

you can never have too much tremolo and/or vibrato!

nice work, the mellower end of shoegaze, ala mebbe ride or slowdive( :love: )
now lets hear you go full on mbv!

brilliant ...
grim as yorkshire , yet per aspera ad astra ...

you could crank up the volume on that solo ,
and i wouldn't mind a bit ...

Did you make any changes to this? I downloaded the version you posted in December, so I'm not sure if that's the latest one. I'm thinking the guitars towards the end might have changed a bit? I very much like this one.
donkey tugger wrote:I apparently also do long (over 1 minute :o ), tedious guitar solos now.
On the subject of tedious solos, next stop the 5 minute drum solo?

I am not a guitar afficionado at all, but the first chords of this track conviced me. Nice one with beautiful chord arrangement. All in all fits together pleasently. Good work.

Greetings
HM

Good stuff. The short crescendo midway through kept things interesting.

I think there were some small mix issues. In the beginning, I thought the guitars could have been louder with more direct sound. Then during the crescendo, the mix lost clarity. Perhaps there could be some automation to adjust the levels.

Cheers!

Guitar solo a bit louder I think meself now too.

[quote=Frantz]Then during the crescendo, the mix lost clarity. [/quote]

That's sort of the point a bit - fuzzy and blurry in the shoegaze stylee, not too much definition so sounds melt into one a bit.

I've spent the last couple of hours listening to a combination of World/ambient music, so this was a great way of easing myself back towards a denser/proggier listening selection. I particularly liked the tremelo guitar. The intro reminded me of a Lynch movie. Probably Wild at Heart.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:proggier

:hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”