Is IK Multimedia not so nice with software?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bought the irig keys 37 pro. Seems nice. Registered it and got some instruments. Seems nice. Installed the Sampletank 3se and choose a custom folder - only a piano shows up. Seems not so nice. Installed Sampletank free - it doesnt even show up in Ableton Live. Seem not nice. Installed Syntronik free - content not found. Tried to find the folders through its settings, but it wont accept(edit: find) my choice of custom folder, or through documents folder or program 86 folder. I tried syntronik earlier on another computer and got it going but not now. Not so nice. I most be professor to get it going? Seem not nice.

Midi keyboard seem nice but probably not will bother with the software.

Best regards.
Last edited by BrokenTrance on Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I would recommend contacting IK Multimedia's Tech support. They are usually friendly and pretty good at helping users get up and running. Yes, sometimes setting up can be a few extra hoops, but they do overall have pretty good instruments and effects.

BrokenTrance wrote:Bought the irig keys 37 pro... only a piano shows up. .. will bother with the software.
Best regards.
After the default piano, other sounds need to be scanned by
your SampleTank, there are some buttons beneath the file browser area
to do those operations, a round icon with an arrow,
do this for each library you add.

Check to make sure you only have one SampleTank version installed.
Uninstall all, and reinstall the best one. The scanning should be able to
follow shorcuts (symbolic links) to your desired sounds location,
if there is not enough disk space on your system partition/drive,
to use the IK default folder paths.
The manual has a section for the sound library scanning details.
IK tried to make it possible to scan and use the many V2.5 soundbanks
people have collected over the years, in the group-buys and
no-brainer sales.

Cheers

I just tried importing my SonikSynth2 into Sampletank3 and after it finished, I was presented with this error..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I phased out all my IK Multimedia software little by little years ago, having been disappointed with both their support and the direction they were taking. I was a T-Racks, Sampletank and Amplitube customer (and I still have the licenses, like, just in case). Stability issues went unanswered for a seriously long time (received promises they would get back to it, and then nothing, rinse and repeat), and when these issues were finally tackled, the software still wasn't solid enough. At the same time, as a company they were going more and more towards the "custom shop" strategy, which from my point of view was primarily just marketing clutter in binary form, attached to the actual product. So my experience, in more than one way, was that they were "not so nice with software" back then :) .... In my opinion.

Also, this was a long time ago, something like seven years - hahh - so it might all be different these days. People are running fresher DAWs, and in turn, any conflicts IK plugins had with some DAW versions back in the day are probably already history. From what I've heard, the custom shop thing still continues, though :D, and personally I have moved on, ever so slightly going "ughh" when ever I might think of using an IK product.

I think you need to follow all the instructions for setup, the Syntronik files don't get imported like that, they get installed and you seen them automatically. If I were you, I would start over, make sure you install into the correct paths, make sure you understand how to add the vst paths to your DAW so it sees the plugins etc. I don't think this is IKMultimedia's issue. And trust me, I have a lot of gripes with them, this just seems 100% user error to me.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:I think you need to follow all the instructions for setup, the Syntronik files don't get imported like that, they get installed and you seen them automatically. If I were you, I would start over, make sure you install into the correct paths, make sure you understand how to add the vst paths to your DAW so it sees the plugins etc. I don't think this is IKMultimedia's issue. And trust me, I have a lot of gripes with them, this just seems 100% user error to me.
I used the standalone version. The Syntronik files (free version) showed up right away.

Examigan wrote:
braj wrote:I think you need to follow all the instructions for setup, the Syntronik files don't get imported like that, they get installed and you seen them automatically. If I were you, I would start over, make sure you install into the correct paths, make sure you understand how to add the vst paths to your DAW so it sees the plugins etc. I don't think this is IKMultimedia's issue. And trust me, I have a lot of gripes with them, this just seems 100% user error to me.
I used the standalone version. The Syntronik files (free version) showed up right away.
Yep, me too, and the full version has installers for each bank, they show up right away too, it looks from his screenshot that he tried to import via Sampletank 3, which is only for importing old banks from 2.x.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

When importing old banks make sure that the folder that you selected for them conversions to go into can be read by admin (or by all users if you prefer) and/or able to read & write files in the folders preferences.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Examigan wrote:I just tried importing my SonikSynth2 into Sampletank3 and after it finished, I was presented with this error..
Ah sorry, I didn't read this right before. Brain damage an all. :party:

braj wrote:
Examigan wrote:I just tried importing my SonikSynth2 into Sampletank3 and after it finished, I was presented with this error..
Ah sorry, I didn't read this right before. Brain damage an all. :party:
It's so weird...I just tried it (again) by pointing to just one of the folders in the SonikSynth2 folder, instead of trying to import the whole thing at once, and then it worked. Also, what's strange is all of a sudden I can see others that DID import when I had tried it before, but those weren't showing up before. :?
Whatever, now it's all set so I am happy about that. :)

Guenon wrote:T-Racks, Sampletank and Amplitube
T-Racks and Amplitube works fine to me, never had any great issues with both of them. Sampletank 3 doesn't have any appeal to me.

BrokenTrance wrote:Bought the irig keys 37 pro. Seems nice. Registered it and got some instruments. Seems nice. Installed the Sampletank 3se and choose a custom folder - only a piano shows up.
I think that there are several separate Sounds downloads for the SE edition (only the piano gets installed at the same time as the software). Check the Sounds Download section for ST3 SE in your User Area / My Products.
There are a few rogue files in Sonik Synth 2 that break the Import in ST3. Contact IK Multimedia Support for the details. It is no loss- they were not listed in SS2 either.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:
BrokenTrance wrote:Bought the irig keys 37 pro. Seems nice. Registered it and got some instruments. Seems nice. Installed the Sampletank 3se and choose a custom folder - only a piano shows up.
I think that there are several separate Sounds downloads for the SE edition (only the piano gets installed at the same time as the software). Check the Sounds Download section for ST3 SE in your User Area / My Products.
There are a few rogue files in Sonik Synth 2 that break the Import in ST3. Contact IK Multimedia Support for the details. It is no loss- they were not listed in SS2 either.
Thanks, but I got it to work eventually. :)

Turns out i the one not so good :D Yeah i missed that. Anyway... i allso got Syntronik to work by pointing to SampleTank 3 documents folder in settings for Syntronik. That how you do it it seems. And SampleTank 2 a.k.a. free was 32 bit so that why it not show up. I not good. But for SampleTank 2/Free sounds to show up in SampleTank 3 i have to rescan every time i open up SampleTank 3.

Anyway. The interface i really like with SampleTank/Syntronik- way way better then Xpand2 no doubt about that and even if Xpand2 sound would be better i really dislike the interface so i would rather use SampleTank if i had to choose. On another note, and i read the Syntronik thread, yeah it would be good to have download option that is not limited to half a year or what it was.

Above: incoherent ramblings.

Best regards.

Return to “Instruments”