Do I need NI RC24 if I have Valhalla Vintage Verb?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What do you think about it? Am I missing a lot by not having NI RC24? Or I can achieve the same sound with VVV?

I just can say are different
You can adapt vvv on any mix/genre etc
RC 24 sounds more 80/cheapy imho

The NI Classic reverbs IMO are pretty underrated. They sound good to me, and don't overwhelm you with thousands of options either. Regarding the Valhalla reverbs: Not a big fan of these. They sound a bit off to me. Especially Vintage Verb sounds much too coloured and chorused, no matter what you do. I tried Room and Vintage Verb, and both are very specific IMO, Room for ultra clean stuff (which seems almost a bit too artificially clean), and Vintage Verb for very modulated, chorus-y reverbs, which are hard to make sound clean. I definitely like the NI reverbs more, but, if you're looking for something even better, which is supposed to be also pretty Lexicon like, i would try the Exponential Audio reverbs. I have R2, and it sounds absolutely brilliant.

Up to the start of this year I only used the NIs, never liked Valhalla at all, but started to cross to Toneboosters reverb this year.
Duh

Thanks guys. I asked because I checked some videos in Youtube and noticed how musically the RC24 sounded. My ears were so pleased, that I'm going to wait for another NI sale.

The RCs do sound good...regret selling them when I had an NI clear out. I'd take them over VVV if given the choice.

I’d round out VVV with Plate before going to the NI stuff.
:borg:

Not really, there are plenty of better options. But for that sound, Vintage is ace.

There are much better options out there - R2, Lexicon PCM, LX480 - ofc, they are not cheap, but they are all worth each cent. VVV is ok, average reverb, but VPlate, def the best plate out there on the market, highly recommended if you are searching for plate as well.

In VVV it's the Dirty Hall algo or Concert Hall that will get you closest to the modelled lex 224 algos in NI 24 ,but like you say, the NI 24 has a musicality that I have never felt VVV equalled(jack of all trades, master of none). If you want something closest to the Lex 224 sound out of the two, then you'll want it, even if just for the Room/Hall algo's.

bungle wrote:Up to the start of this year I only used the NIs, never liked Valhalla at all, but started to cross to Toneboosters reverb this year.
Toneboosters’ Reverb 4 is SICK. Super reverb.

You only need another reverb if the one you have doesn't sound the way you want it to at all. Only you can decide what you need.

Return to “Effects”