looking for a good FX pack

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tappistry wrote:
kbaccki wrote:+1 ToneBoosters plugs.

I'm also fond of the Plug & Mix VIP bundle: http://www.plugandmix.com/products/b888-VIP-Bundle

Not all winners, but definitely some very useful plugs in there... modulation, basic verbs, eq's, saturators... I use the Dimension 3D plug ALL the time, and similarly for the Digital Reverb... and many times Clarisonix, Analoger, Liquid Air Q, Multi Tap Delay, Monster Boost, and several others. The only thing I would suggest is that I'm biased on the price. I picked up the bundle a few years ago for $99 on sale... if you can wait a few months for a sale and get it for 1/2 price or less, IMO a no-brainer. All the plugs are demoable...
VIP bundle is underrated imo. Especially for hobbyists or if you're just getting started with third-party plugins. Have you tried the rotary simulator? Also a fan of the Digital Plate and the Echoflex like you mentioned. Stereolizer gets a great result so quickly, it feels like cheating.

I picked up my bundle here for $60. :tu:
Yes.. I've used rotary for some guitar stuff, echo flex definitely, stereolizer quite a bit in combination with dimension 3D, moogy filter, retro eq and retro filter, and even tonestack for some quick and dirty guitar/bass amp. Off the top of my head I'd say I use 25% of the bundle consistently across my projects at this point. Easy to dial stuff in... or know quickly that it doesn't work and go for something else.. perhaps more flexible option from somebody else.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

MXXX Core will be 50% off from 22nd Jan to 28 Jan
Get another 20% off if you use code MELDA9346328
So thats about $40

(This is a referral coupon but I ultimately stand to gain nothing as I am already an owner of the Everthing Bundle so will get any new updates, upgrades or additional plugins for free)

All Melda plugins are free updates for life

http://www.meldaproduction.com/MXXXCore
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:MXXX Core will be 50% off from 22nd Jan to 28 Jan
So thats about $40

(This is a referral coupon but I ultimately stand to gain nothing as I am already an owner of the Everthing Bundle so will get any new updates, upgrades or additional plugins for free)

So if you own MCreativeFX bundle, would that effectively unlock the rest of the MXX modules in Core?

Tappistry wrote:
So thats about $40

So if you own MCreativeFX bundle, would that effectively unlock the rest of the MXX modules in Core?
Only those that are included on MCreativeFX bundle.

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Tappistry wrote:
So thats about $40

Only those that are included on MCreativeFX bundle.
So I went and tediously counted. Looks like MCreativeFX would only leave about 7 modules left. Not bad!

I am fairly certain that there have been threads explaining what the advantage of MXXX Core is over using the individual plugins in (for example) the MCreative Bundle, but can't seem to find any of them at the moment. Could someone kindly direct me to one of those threads? I don't quite understand the concept of MXXX Core over using combinations of the existing plugins.

Thanks!

bharris22 wrote:I am fairly certain that there have been threads explaining what the advantage of MXXX Core is over using the individual plugins in (for example) the MCreative Bundle, but can't seem to find any of them at the moment. Could someone kindly direct me to one of those threads? I don't quite understand the concept of MXXX Core over using combinations of the existing plugins.

Thanks!
You can make feedback loops of different kinds. There's several lanes for parallel and serial processing and offcourse combinations thereof involving feedback loops etc.
You get 16 modulators instead of "only" 4, and more should you "need" to by using extra instances if MXXXX withing MXXXX.
Also you can do multiband processing with different effects for the different bands.
Etc etc etc.
Edit: sorry I didn't direct you to one of the threads you asked for, but hope I summarized some main points for you anyway. ;-)

You absolutely can't go wrong with Toneboosters. The Dead Duck bundle is great sounding and very easy to use. Even the Blut Cat Audio bundle is worth a closer look.

If you're into modular fx then have a look at HOFA. They've released a pluginpack called System. You can use these plugin on their own or build up crazy fx chains with subchains inside the System plugin. The modules are very focused on easy handling with top notch audio quality and even modulation possibilities.

Gone soft wrote:
bharris22 wrote:I am fairly certain that there have been threads explaining what the advantage of MXXX Core is over using the individual plugins in (for example) the MCreative Bundle, but can't seem to find any of them at the moment. Could someone kindly direct me to one of those threads? I don't quite understand the concept of MXXX Core over using combinations of the existing plugins.

Thanks!
You can make feedback loops of different kinds. There's several lanes for parallel and serial processing and offcourse combinations thereof involving feedback loops etc.
You get 16 modulators instead of "only" 4, and more should you "need" to by using extra instances if MXXXX withing MXXXX.
Also you can do multiband processing with different effects for the different bands.
Etc etc etc.
Edit: sorry I didn't direct you to one of the threads you asked for, but hope I summarized some main points for you anyway. ;-)
This is perfect- very helpful. Thanks!

NI Molekular is a pretty cool all-in-one FX suite for the wild side of sound manipulation.

Soundtoys is my fave
Exponential Audio for the reverb and multifx.
Unfiltered Audio too.

these are really great suggestions, i like that many of them are free. a few im considering right now as well.

anything else i should check out? dont mean to be so FX greedy, but i need a big ole fix.

Native Instruments Guitar Rig is very good.
If you like glitchy effects get the 'Traktors 12' add on too.

GR has a very good modular modulation system

For creative weirdness, the Ina GRM Creative Bundle is great, especially Evolution: http://www.plugivery.com/products/p2487 ... ve-Bundle/, page says a physical iLok is needed, but it isn't, you can use computer authorization.

Soundhack free bundles are interesting ...

Return to “Effects”