Introducing Perfect Drums! The innovative virtual drum instrument and sampler.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Perfect Drums

Valimesh wrote:Any word of the update?
No, but I hope they add the drum patterns they initially said they would. I'm using EZ drummer's patterns to trigger Perfect drums sounds right now.

Naughty Seal have just released the long awaited 1.5 update including a huge library expansion. The library‘s new instruments offer more articulations and velocity layers and sound absolutely amazing. IMHO definitely the best sounding drum VSTi on the market for rock-oriented music.

https://youtu.be/I8z9iTHTdGrw

I have Superior 3, and EZdrummer 2, but I'm trying out the free Perfect Drums player with that sample kit they give away and jeez I love this software. I absolutely love the simplicity of the mixer the way each channel simply has a send to OH, Room, and Verb, and a parallel processing FX knob to blend in a more clicky/attacking/brighter tone for each kit piece. I'm trying to convince myself I don't want/need this but working with it is such a pleasure, I could see myself using EZD or SD3 to arrange the drum parts, then just drag that MIDI to a Perfect Drums track and go from there! OR, layer up with SD3 to get some more punch underneath some of more natural raw Superior sounds.
Macs M1/M2 / Bitwig 4 / Studio One 6

Take a look at SD4. there might be an upgrade offer.

But yes, pretty bang on with the interface and sound Perfect Drums!

NaughtySealAudio wrote:
Tucanchu wrote:Can l use this software in a 32bit DAW? I'm a newbie, thanks. Love the sounds and want to buy
Hi! Perfect Drums is 64 bit only in its current state. However we are thinking about releasing an LE version that will be 32 bit compatible. We'll see how it goes and how many user requests do we get on this.
Naughty Seal Audio, (just for the record) v1.5.0 and still no 32 bit version :( but you must to know there's a lot of people (and probably new buyers/customers) that request that! The VSTi it's perfect as the name said but i've make tried the free demo to some friends (composers/programmers) and they think as me that it's a sin about no 32 bit version... Me (and i suspect i'm not the only one) do mixing, mastering and recording on 64 bit machines but i have a better workflow using 32 bit DAW and VSTi composing on 64 bit PC/MAC (cause i can achieve more instances avoiding to stress che machine, for example, when i compose with my laptop), after i export in multiout and i record (real instruments and voices), mix, master etc in another more performant 64 bit machine... At least i hope better... Cheers...

The Perfect Drums v1.5 is currently on Black Friday sale for only $100.

Update 1.5 was great.

I am however looking to make Perfect drums, the Perfect Drum VSTi for me, which (for me) means it needs to include some softer sounds as well to cover pop, soft rock etc....Any chances of this happening ?

Try 3 Sigma Audio‘s „Top Shelf Drums“ which is now compatible with Perfect Drum‘s Sampler. That library has some great pre-processed metal/rock sounds AND mellower samples/kits for country, pop etc. as well.

I've layered Perfect drums with some samples from the Metal Kick Drum for some pretty neat results.

Features I am looking for in Perfect drums itself...

1. Ability to extract and use samples from PD itself in the sampler.
2. EQ insert.
3. One default Softer sounding/ more natural preset.
4. A separate FX bus where I can distortion or delay etc. etc.
5. A separate Reverb bus - if I want to use something different that the baked in reverb.
6.Ability to locate missing samples in the sampler...(so I can change the location of samples if I want to)...

Return to “Instruments”