2CAudio Breeze | 2.5 | Simple. Light. Pristine. Intelligently Adaptive.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Breeze

How do I import the simply better expansion into Breeze 2?
The installation instructions with the expansion say:
'Open the File menu in the upper right of the Navigation Bar.
Select "Import Preset Expansion".'
But there is no "Import Preset Expansion" option in the file menu of Breeze 2..

Please be sure to download 2.0.2 that was posted yesterday. It has this command added back in.

2.0.2 is online for existing customers:

https://www.designersound.com/mydownloads

2.0.2 PRE-RELEASE DEMO VERSIONS:

OSX:
http://www.2caudio.com/sitecontent/prod ... X_Demo.zip

WIN:
http://www.2caudio.com/sitecontent/prod ... n_Demo.zip

Changes:
  • Mix/Balance switch Button (click on mix label)**
  • Full Factory Presets
  • Simply Better Preset Expansion Availability
  • Import Expansion Action in File Menu
  • AU-Crash On Remove/Move Fix
  • On-the-fly GUI-resize for AAX
  • Light Mode GUI
  • Various Minor Fixes
Known DSP/Audio/Feature Issues:
  • NONE
Known GUI Issues:
  • OSX still has minor GUI artifacts
  • OSX GUI artifacts manifest more severely when using Light Mode GUI (if on OSX you probably want to use Dark Mode atm)
  • Light Mode GUI is still being refined some
  • Browser page needs the vertical scrollbar (Click on NONE, and the expand one preset bank at a time for now)
Note these GUI artifacts are on OSX only. These issues are our next focus task.

timyork wrote:Is it not yet possible to save colors in Breeze 2 or am I missing something?
I see a user folder but no save option.

it's actually in the File menu...

it should probably be in the color menu instead, I agree, but sdk infrastructure stuff made that hard to do...

timyork wrote:Is it not yet possible to save colors in Breeze 2 or am I missing something?
I see a user folder but no save option.
Ah, it's in the file menu - I was looking in the wrong place.

Andrew Souter wrote:Please be sure to download 2.0.2 that was posted yesterday. It has this command added back in.

2.0.2 is online for existing customers:

https://www.designersound.com/mydownloads

2.0.2 PRE-RELEASE DEMO VERSIONS:

OSX:
http://www.2caudio.com/sitecontent/prod ... X_Demo.zip

WIN:
http://www.2caudio.com/sitecontent/prod ... n_Demo.zip

Changes:
  • Mix/Balance switch Button (click on mix label)**
  • Full Factory Presets
  • Simply Better Preset Expansion Availability
  • Import Expansion Action in File Menu
  • AU-Crash On Remove/Move Fix
  • On-the-fly GUI-resize for AAX
  • Light Mode GUI
  • Various Minor Fixes
Known DSP/Audio/Feature Issues:
  • NONE

Known GUI Issues:
  • OSX still has minor GUI artifacts
  • OSX GUI artifacts manifest more severely when using Light Mode GUI (if on OSX you probably want to use Dark Mode atm)
  • Light Mode GUI is still being refined some
  • Browser page needs the vertical scrollbar (Click on NONE, and the expand one preset bank at a time for now)
Note these GUI artifacts are on OSX only. These issues are our next focus task.
Yes, I had the wrong version - thought I'd installed 2.0.2 but that was on the laptop.. anyway, all good now with expansion installed :-)

Re the new dual Mix/Balance control.
Balance is between Late reflections (LATE) and Early reflections (AMB), right..?
But when I change either control it affects both of them (Balance and Mix).
eg if I set Balance to 90% it sets Mix to 90% as well.
If I set Balance to LATE (100%), Mix changes to WET (100%)
Shouldn't they behave independently, or am I missing something..

Yes, I need to explain this, and of course it will be explained in detail in the manual, but a quick short version:

The mix/balance label is actually a switch between two different mix modes:

1) When the label shows "MIX", the numerical mix value simply shows a mix between the completely dry signal and Breeze's normal wet output. This is the standard setting, and this can be used on sends or inserts.

2) When the label shows "Balance" this is a "special feature mode", where we apply spatialization to the DRY signal. This spatialization is typically subtle, and happens instantly. You can think of it as early reflections in some way, but for reasonable sizes it will happen so quickly that you will not be able perceive any "Reflections" per say. It is therefore better to think of it as "instant early energy" or "Ambience", or simply instant spatial impression if you want to be technical. The numerical value then becomes the balance control between this instant invisible ambience, and the normal wet signal which can then be considered more as late energy.

This works best with the Chamber modes, but it can also work well with Hall modes if Size is kept at moderate values, as well as Plate at small values. It can be used with Colored modes for special FX, but it is not transparent in this case. I can be abused for various special FX also as I am sure some people will figure out.

You should consider it a special features, and should not use it in every case. Check the presets I made in the Simply Better expansion. I think maybe 25% to 40% or so use it.

It is best used when using Breeze on an insert instead of a send. Since breeze is so efficient now this is a highly recommend way to use Breeze: directly on tracks, and save the sends for Aether or B2.

Perceptually the effect of using this will be that it will instantly recess the source sound back into the mix a little bit, so that lead instruments and vocals don't feel like they are floating in front of the mix or are detached from the imaginary sound stage. You can then use less tail to achieve a similar same sense of space, thus keeping the mix cleaner.

It can be used with low numerical values on lead vocals for example to give them an instant sense of space and width while keeping them sounding almost completely dry, without resorting to obvious chorus effects or other tricks.

It's great to spatialize mono sources also. You can think of it as a way to position sources on the virtual stage, or to randomize the position of stereo mics in the space. Try loading multiple instances of the same preset and apply them to different tracks. The result will have an incredible sense of realism where each source will have its own space even without panning, but with a unified tail gluing them into the same space. Try the randomize button to get different variations.

It's semi experimental still as we just added it earlier this week, but it can add some definite magic in the right circumstances.

The obvious request is: why not allow control over three way mix of dry, this early ambience, and tail like in Aether. The answer is simply bc we do not want to overcomplicate things in Breeze. This is enough for Breeze. A lot of novel things can be done with it as-is.

Hope it helps. Im out now for the night. :tu:

So is the Simply Better expansion available now?
Edit: O.k. i see it there but i thought as PS 2.5 user and when i bought Breeze 2 i got updated to PS3. Seems not the case. This store is a bit confusing for me :o

Andrew Souter wrote:
SLiC wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:imported fine here on Win10 pro with the last update.
Cheers: I will try reinstalling Breeze2
what version of windows? We've tested it on Win8 and Win10 and have no issues.
OK I worked out the issue, the default paths for pre-sets etc are (were) to main my systems drive (which requires admin access) rather than the usual 'users' or 'public users'.

Once I reinstalled and changed the installation path to 'public users' it worked. Just a heads up in case anyone else has that issue. :tu:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Cinebient wrote:So is the Simply Better expansion available now?
Edit: O.k. i see it there but i thought as PS 2.5 user and when i bought Breeze 2 i got updated to PS3. Seems not the case. This store is a bit confusing for me :o
Add it to your cart and goto checkout:

https://www.designersound.com/breeze-ex ... nsion.html

It should now just adjust itself to $0.0 if you qualify. You should not even need to accept the voucher code as I descried earlier. It should now just apply itself "auto-magically". If it does not, email us with your real name and email so we can look at your order history. It's possible there is still some esoteric path to PS 2.5 that I forgot about that this is not marked as qualifying, and if we identify any such situations we will add them as qualifying of course. :tu:

Andrew Souter wrote:
Cinebient wrote:So is the Simply Better expansion available now?
Add it to your cart and goto checkout:

https://www.designersound.com/breeze-ex ... nsion.html

It should now just adjust itself to $0.0 if you qualify. You should not even need to accept the voucher code as I descried earlier. It should now just apply itself "auto-magically". If it does not, email us with your real name and email so we can look at your order history. It's possible there is still some esoteric path to PS 2.5 that I forgot about that this is not marked as qualifying, and if we identify any such situations we will add them as qualifying of course. :tu:
Yep......that worked! :tu:
Sorry, i must have missed that info. I´m a bit tired.....thank´s!

Cinebient wrote: Yep......that worked! :tu:
Sorry, i must have missed that info.
no prob. I wanted to just add it automatically, but it proved to be too complex a challenge. And this only adds a few extra seconds to the process, so it's not too bad.
Cinebient wrote: I´m a bit tired.....thank´s!
me too! :D

When will the glitch fix be up?

aMUSEd wrote:When will the glitch fix be up?
Now. :D done. Give it a try. Redownload, re-install. :tu:

Happy Sunday :)

Fixes:
  • OSX GUI Artifacts
  • AU Breeze 1-2 confusion on High Sierra
(It's still labeled, 2.0.2, but when you load it look on the INFO page, and the build number should show 171.)

(APFS Preset list order issue remains so far...)

Woohoo! successfully opened both :)

Return to “Effects”