Any Akai Miniak or Alesis Ion/Micron owners here in 2018?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was playing with my Miniak the other day and I couldn't ignore how good it sounded to my ears. The resonance and drive effects are so unique and satisfying. :hihi: It might not sound analog, but it has its own sound, and it's awesome. I could not replace that little beastie with any of my software synths. Plus, it feels so hefty and solid. I love that synth! This thread will probably end up with no replies, but I wanted to see if any other owners loved theirs even with all the software synth overload attacking our brains daily. God bless! :)

OOBE wrote:I was playing with my Miniak the other day and I couldn't ignore how good it sounded to my ears. The resonance and drive effects are so unique and satisfying. :hihi: It might not sound analog, but it has its own sound, and it's awesome. I could not replace that little beastie with any of my software synths. Plus, it feels so hefty and solid. I love that synth! This thread will probably end up with no replies, but I wanted to see if any other owners loved theirs even with all the software synth overload attacking our brains daily. God bless! :)
I have an Alesis Ion, it gets more use as a controller than a synth but it's rightly known as one of the best-sounding VA hardware synths. I recently got a Lexicon Reflex multi-FX unit and the Ion sounds great through it! I keep meaning to make a Mac-compatible Ion editor in Max for Live, Reaktor or CTRLR.

double post, sorry! :clap:

Another Ion user here. It’s a brilliant synth, capable of such a diverse range of sounds. Between that and the Andromeda, Alesis was really doing some great work right at the end there...
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Proper forum:

viewforum.php?f=102
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Miniak owner here ;) I've also owned a Micron, but compared to the Mini, it just sucks. Miniak is way easier to work with. One of the most underrated synths (but that's also why Ive managed to get one dirt cheap, so yeah).
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote:If it has Akai on the front, it must sound good right? :hihi:
Heh, don't get me started :lol: To give Miniak the boot and replace it with that Timbre Wolf... :dog:
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Micron owner here. Great sound, horrible to edit... :cry:

Cheers, Björn

Full Bucket wrote:Micron owner here. Great sound, horrible to edit... :cry:

Cheers, Björn
Hey, just pick up an Ion and map all the controls to the Micron. Problem solved! :help:

Own it, Don't currently use it. Thanks for reminding me to get it down from the shelf and actually play around. I remember buying it with a license for that editor from HyperSynth. Time to have some fun :)

Winstontaneous wrote:Hey, just pick up an Ion and map all the controls to the Micron. Problem solved! :help:
:lol:

Miniak owner here
eSoundz: alacantec

Full Bucket wrote:Micron owner here. Great sound, horrible to edit... :cry:

Cheers, Björn
Yes. I've always loved the sound of my micron and it is very powerful for such a little thing, but I will never be comfortable programming it. It is just too slow a process. It's worse than my DX7 even. I always want to sell it but then I look at the second hand prices and I just cannot bear to let it go for so cheap. Maybe I should get an ion and then I could just use the micron as a drum machine.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”